The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» He Changes Everything
Yesterday at 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

» Converting 350 to Electronic Ignition..
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am by Bloodhound1958

» New christine lp
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am by goat19642004

» What will work with a 440?
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 pm by 57belv

» Christine's exhaust sound?
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm by eva_392

» New Front Brake Drums (11x2)
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm by eva_392

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sun May 10, 2015 12:48 pm

The 3rd OFFICIAL meeting of The Fraternal Order Of The Knights Of The CCC is officially called to order. All Knights are welcomed to share their thoughts, put forth motions of consideration and vote accordingly. 100% unanimous votes on any motions become effective immediately and will be entered into the official record. In any other case MAJORITY VOTE rules and the results become immediately effective and recorded. Each Knight is by rights given one vote. New motions or topics for discussion may be put forth by any Knight only after any previous motions are voted on and the discussion concerning them officially closed. All CCC members are welcome to participate and are welcome to bring up any topic they would like discussed.

I hereby put forth for consideration the matter of our club's merchandise. I feel it has been far to long since we had shirts for members. Being our 10 year anniversary I would like to see us with a redesigned shirt for our refreshed and renewed car club. As I am unable to pay for an order myself, it would require contributions from as many people as possible. This of course could be paid directly to the supplier. I estimate we would need somewhere in the neighborhood of $500.00 for a modest order. It would be fun for the club as a whole to design the new shirt together as well. Can I get a second? Surprised

Thank You! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sun May 10, 2015 8:20 pm

i second the proposal for merchandise

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Mon May 11, 2015 7:35 am

Shirts are always a great way to promote...and they sell well too. My black CCC T-shirt is still like new because I don't wear it much in the summer. Black is just too hot! Although it's a very nice looking shirt we should keep that in mind while designing a new one. I'll third the motion.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Mon May 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Yes, different colors would be nice Bob, I'll fourth the motion. Smile

Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Tue May 12, 2015 3:37 am

there were white shirts before they helped a lot in the intense heat

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Wed May 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Now that the motion has been been supported, I move to a vote as to my wish to see the knights spearhead this endeavor by way of raising funds and putting forth a thread for the club to assist in designing the new shirt(s). All those in favor or against....

My vote: YAY

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 pm

Well...it only takes one Knight to write up a thread...Which Knight are you voting Yay to? Laughing

I would think the same Knight that writes up the thread will be the one to collect the money...via a paypal account I take it??

Wheels are starting to turn in my brain as to what this project may require: thought I'd write it all out. Please add or critique where needed.

After the donations are gathered....a design of the shirt(s) will need to be started (without delay). We certainly don't want to drag our feet with donation money at hand and people expecting a product to be delivered. What will be needed? Computer aided design...photoshop? Who has experience with this and/or enjoys doing this? What does a vendor need to print a shirt?

Then a vendor will need to be procured...Who will decide on/procure a vendor and take responsibitity to provide vendor with all they need to make the shirts...then pay them? I guess it would make sense that he collector of the donations sends payment to the vendor as per request by whoever procurs the vendor? Perhaps it makes sense to have the designer decide on/procur the vendor?

I think we should get very detailed here in our decision making so one person doesn't have to do it all. In fact, maybe we should vote on each of the Knights to pick one of the jobs right now?

After this who takes the orders, receives the payments for the shirts and does all the shipping? I would think this would be a big responsibility and a lot of work (ongoing). I would not like this one. Crying or Very sad  

All this sounds real good and it's easy to vote Yay...but when it comes down to getting it ALL done, it will be quite a lot of work and dedication.

Wayne, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about because you've either done this before and/or know about the process. I realize you're busy with your new job but you may be the only one here with the experience, so hopefully you'll have time to answer questions and help with whatever.

Hopefully this a thorough list and will equip the voter to make the right decision.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Wed May 13, 2015 11:39 pm

I have no problem storing and shipping merchandice.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Thu May 14, 2015 12:21 am

Look at that Joe...taking on a difficult action item there. You're alright Joe!

I have a Paypal account and I have no problem writing up a thread to get/collect donations. I guess if I have the money, I'd be the guy to pay the vendor too.

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Thu May 14, 2015 9:32 pm

This has to be a team effort from start to finish. Sadly, my busy schedule makes it impossible for me to do this like I once did. I am happy to contribute financially, assist in the redesign and recommend a few vendors. If Bob would be willing to start a thread for all to participate by way of donations and design feedback we'd be in good shape. Of course Joe (Jag) has been our unofficial and long standing keeper of club property so his willingness to store and ship orders is phenominal! I think this "New Club" needs a NEW LOOK. My .02... :Wane #2 Big Do

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Thu May 14, 2015 11:06 pm

So let me try to understand this....We will be asking the whole club for individual donations so we can get club shirts made...and then we'll be offering the shirts to the same people to buy them? That's basically hitting them up twice for the same shirt. Surprised

Also...To get $500 we'll need an avg. of $10/donation from 50 donors. That may be difficult...seeing we're a small club. Will we offer a discount to anyone that donated so at least they'll get a break for "fronting" the money? Or are you looking at this like a fundraiser for the club...so the proceeds can go into a club account for next years expenses.

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Fri May 15, 2015 6:20 am

I'm open to suggestions on all points Bob. Smile So long as we keep it fair and equitable.

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Fri May 15, 2015 9:26 pm

I agree Wayne...I would like to hear from others regarding these club shirts...How many Knights are there? 5?

Regular members can see this as well right...and they can add their ideas too?

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Fri May 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with an endeavor such as this, I wish I had some constructive input to add. Who was the vendor that supplied shirts in the past?

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Fri May 15, 2015 11:51 pm

57belv wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with an endeavor such as this, I wish I had some constructive input to add. Who was the vendor that supplied shirts in the past?

Thanks Chris...how about ideas on the donation part of it. I'm just uncomfortable with asking for donations from club members to build up a fund to buy t-shirts...then selling the t-shirts to the same club members. Some members may wind up spending $30 or more for t-shirt by the time they're done. How would you feel about this? Does offering discounts to the donors sound fair? Would you keep track of donations...and then take the donation amount off the price of the shirt? Any other ideas?

Wayne...I guess I need to know from you if this is a fundraiser for the club?...or is it just a break even deal...with the sole intention of getting t-shirts for the club members.

I'd like to know these things before I write the initial donation thread up. I want to be thorough, fair and accurate so I can stay the course.

Bob

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sat May 16, 2015 7:47 am

IMHO, the club itself should have no interest in making a profit. This endeavor should be intended to simply make shirts available again. The original vendor we had could be revisited with a minimum of a $500.00 order. Anyone who contributes should receive what they paid for. For example, if someone "donates" $100.00, they should get 4 shirts assuming they cost $25.00 each. The only other out of pocket expense should be the true and accurate shipping cost. I see this as a potential collective club effort to design a new shirt and make them available to all members for purchase. Smile

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sat May 16, 2015 9:22 am

I agree with this. It's a good fair plan. This is what Iwas hoping for. I am good at recording information...I use to be a test technician so hopefully when the $$$ come in there will be enough info. on paypal to figure out who gave what! Should I set up a new paypal account Wayne or would my existing account suffice? Sorry for all the questions but I take this kind of stuff seriously and I like to "try" to iron all the wrinkles out before I get going. I wish there were more brain-stormers chiming in here! hint hint...The more ideas the better!

Thanks, Bob

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sat May 16, 2015 9:50 am

I don't see a need for a new paypal account Bob. Hopefully if posted as an announcement others will take an interest in helping design new shirts and help the club have something nice for members. Smile

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sun May 17, 2015 1:03 pm

I guess one of the first things to do would be to take a poll on how many people would actually purchase shirts, I'd be up for two myself.

Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sun May 17, 2015 10:23 pm

i think it is a good idea to keep the shirts the same for now to keep the cost down, i do believe Wayne is right that a new vendor will charge extra to print a "new" design.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Mon May 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Keeping them the same is fine with me.

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Mon May 18, 2015 6:33 pm

I think for the time being keeping them the same is a good call.. Right now during the summer months everyone is very busy too chime in and help with a new design. We don't want something thrown together we want something with a statement! So I think more towards the fall time when we all can come together with a plan for a new design is key! Remember we don't just wear the shirts and apparel because there cool. We wear them with pride for being apart of a fantastic club! Wink

Long Live The CCC! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Well said Brian. Looking forward to 9/30/15.. Wink

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Mon May 18, 2015 9:56 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
I think for the time being keeping them the same is a good call.. Right now during the summer months everyone is very busy too chime in and help with a new design. We don't want something thrown together we want something with a statement! So I think more towards the fall time when we all can come together with a plan for a new design is key! Remember we don't just wear the shirts and apparel because there cool. We wear them with pride for being apart of a fantastic club! Wink

Long Live The CCC! Smile

Brian.
That's a good point Brian and I'm glad you mentioned it. Spring and summer are busy times for me and now I'm having to deal with more family issues too.

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Tue May 19, 2015 12:01 am

57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

Long Live The CCC! Smile

Brian.
That's a good point Brian and I'm glad you mentioned it. Spring and summer are busy times for me and now I'm having to deal with more family issues too.
Thanks Chris! It always seems like something comes up! Its like a vicious circle. Hope the family issues go well.
Cheers my friend! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Tue May 19, 2015 12:07 am

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
Well said Brian. Looking forward to 9/30/15.. Wink
 Thanks Wayne!  Your a trooper! Wink  Good times are too come!

Cheers my friend!
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Thu May 21, 2015 7:02 pm

I don't want any of you to think I forgot about writing up a thread to ask members interested in getting club t-shirts for donations. I've been keeping an eye on the other thread. Are we ready to start voting on what we're going to do? Or have we already come to that conclusion...Use same design...and same vendor?

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Fri May 22, 2015 1:00 am

i vote using the same design and vendor

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sat May 23, 2015 8:08 am

JAG wrote:
i vote using the same design and vendor

I do also...so I second that motion.

Let me know if the donation thread still needs to be written up...or just simply pay $25 "up front" for each shirt. I know we're at 19 count. If we get one more person to commit, $25.00 ea X 20 =$500. Then once the shirts are printed...it's all they'd have to do is send the shipping $ to get their shirts.

Bob

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC   Sat May 23, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm with Bob on this. Although all the Knights weren't able to participate, I'm sure they'll be pleased to know we have shirts again!

I'll have something worked out with the original vendor by mid week. Wink

Back to top Go down

3rd Meeting Of The Fraternal Knights Order Of The CCC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-