The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Whom Do We Listen To?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Whom Do We Listen To?   Wed May 20, 2015 10:02 am

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand." John 10:27-28

Advertisers work hard to persuade us to spend money. Often they want us to believe things that aren't true - that we need to be more beautiful, that we need to drive better cars, that we need more things to make our life easier. I remember a certain laundry detergent commercial when I was a kid warning of the embarrassment of "ring around the collar." Seriously now...Have you ever been embarrassed about anything like that?

But...persuasive ad campaigns can certainly make us second-guess what we once thought was true. Persuasive ads can convince us we can't possibly live another day without the latest new product or invention! Many people are addicted to buying and shopping for things they don't really need...and never use! Bring it all into perspective with what's really important. Think about what Jesus said here in Mark 8:36. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

In the Garden, the serpent's alluring lie was, "You shall become as God." Adam and Eve's consequences for falling for his scheme continue to this day. Sin and it's effects are all around us and inside us.

But God never tricks us; what He says is true. And Jesus, our Good Shepherd, leads us in truth because He is the way, the truth and the life. (John 14:6). Notice that Jesus doesn't say we need to listen "for" His voice, but "to" it. As Christians, spending time reading His Word helps us to hear His voice much more often and much more clearly. He promises us eternal life also...and that no one can snatch us out of His hand! What a promise!

Insight: Every true Christian is Holy Spirit-empowered to do two things: Listen to Jesus and follow Him. Is this true of you?

Dear Lord, I pray that You would help me to be Holy Spirit empowered. Please help me to forget the cares of this world so their importance would fade out of my focus. I want to listen to Jesus and follow Jesus. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Whom Do We Listen To?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-