The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

God's Plan Works!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: God's Plan Works!   Sat May 23, 2015 9:43 am

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Phillipians 2:8

Sometimes I think to myself when I'm reading God's Word. Suppose someone asked me for an example from the Bible of Jesus being "a friend of sinners." Which story would I tell? Would I use a scripture verse like this? For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her children.” Matthew 11:18-19. As I ponder this question, I say "No", I would hope I'd be quick enough to say "the entire Bible is the complete answer to this question!"

Just as the Bible is 66 books making one book, it is many stories all telling the one story. Many times, from many great Bible teachers, I have basically heard this and the main story is summed up in five words: God, Man, Sin, Jesus, Response.

The greatest "Friend of sinners" story is that God who is holy and just, created everything including us. Through Adam all sinned, which brought with it death and judgment. In God's perfect plan and time, Jesus came and took our punishment on Himself, substituting Himself in our place. God now commands a response from each of us - to repent and believe the Gospel.

Today we have love, forgiveness, peace, joy, hope and community with other believers in the local church and all around the world - all of it because of Jesus.

Insight: Jesus accomplished the Father's will perfectly in His obedience. Our salvation is of Him; we should never doubt our place in Him.

Dear God, Help me to understand that Jesus is "the Friend of sinners" and the fact that Your entire Bible exhibits this fact in five easy to remember words. God, Man, Sin, Jesus, Response. Help me to realize that You are awaiting my response. Please put an urgency in my heart to give You the response You want to hear...that I believe Your salvation plan: That Jesus died in my place...for my sins and that I want to turn from my sins and follow Jesus for the rest of my days. In Jesus' Name Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

God's Plan Works!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-