The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mischa1958
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Wed May 27, 2015 2:09 pm

I was realy surprised to see this section here! Now I am a Christian also. I wasn't raised that way but made my choice a few years ago. There is a lot to tell, but maybe later on. Thanks for this part of the forum! I will be part of this section also!

But now my question as said in the topic title;how do we feel about loving a car that most of us know from a horror movie?
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Wed May 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Sure, Christine was evil. No arguing that. My attraction to it is two fold. First and foremost, I could relate to and understand a character like Arnie. We've all been bullied at one point or another and we were all innocent like Arnie in the beginning. Life changes people. How we emerge is what's important. Recognizing and accepting the fact that good always triumphs over evil is the right path, as  opposed to the wrong one. For me it was about the lessons learned.

Secondly, and simply put, it's the car. I love classic cars and as a boy fell in love with the 57 chevy. I thought it was the epitome of styling of that era. I didn't even know 58 Plymouths existed. When I saw the movie and first saw the car my jaw hit the floor. That was in the opening scene. I knew that the most beautiful and ultimate car of the 1950's was right before my very eyes. It was and still is an amazing machine.

Sure the movie was evil but the car had me hooked from the get go.... Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Thu May 28, 2015 2:31 am

Wayne that was very well said and i can relate to most of everything you said but i never liked the 57 chevys Hee! Hee!

CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Thu May 28, 2015 9:48 am

Yes, I agree. Very well said Wayne. Can anyone tell that I'm a Christian too? Laughing

I like the movie too (save the swearing) but obviously, the movie is not real so it's just a matter of separating fact from fiction. The movie made the 58 Plymouth 2 door hardtop my all-time favorite car. I know from God's Word that "God gave us everything to enjoy" and it's ok to like/enjoy Christine or classic cars in general...as long as they don't become an idol. I have always been a 30's - 50's monster/horror movie buff but at the same time I can tell you all proudly that Jesus Christ is my everything. It's all about keeping things in the proper perspective.

God created us and He should be number one over everything else. He's the one that has given me a blessed life and life eternal as well. He's the one that has enabled me to do anything and everything...right down to taking my next breath. He gave me the energy and talent to work for 30+ years so I can now live comfortably in my own my home with my beautiful wife...whom He also gave to me. He's behind it all folks. I try to glorify Him in everything I do and when I go to the car cruises/shows, I make gospel tracts available for anyone that will take them. Because God lives in me, I'm eager to tell others about Him if they are willing/interested.

Thanks for starting this thread Mischa! An excellent subject that I do believe will help others out here.

Do everything to the glory of God...

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Thu May 28, 2015 12:10 pm

i never thought of it the way you put it Bob, well said

Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Thu May 28, 2015 10:31 pm

I also like to think that Christine can't be complete evil because of the fact that she loved, and wanted to be loved by her owner. Something that can love can't be all bad.

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Thu May 28, 2015 10:50 pm

After seeing the movie. I honestly give credit to who ever came up with picking a 58 Plymouth. Fantastic choice! I actually like the idea of owning a car from an evil movie.. Its sharp and brings funny humor. But I don't at all feel that its evil in the sense of being evil. Just another very cool car and movie! Wink

Brian.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Fri May 29, 2015 12:37 am

you can thank Stephen King Brian he choose the 58 Plymouth, John Carpenter choose to make it a 2 door Very Happy

CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?   Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:50 am

57belv wrote:
I also like to think that Christine can't be complete evil because of the fact that she loved, and wanted to be loved by her owner. Something that can love can't be all bad.

I actually think of it that Christine was not evil. Christine only acted that way and made people think she was evil was because Christine was only trying to protect her owner, Arnie.
Back to top Go down

How do we feel about loving a car from an evil movie?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-