The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

» Converting 350 to Electronic Ignition..
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am by Bloodhound1958

» New christine lp
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am by goat19642004

» What will work with a 440?
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 pm by 57belv

» Christine's exhaust sound?
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm by eva_392

» New Front Brake Drums (11x2)
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm by eva_392

» 350 golden commando distributor
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 am by 58belvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Anyone trying to lose weight?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Anyone trying to lose weight?   Thu May 28, 2015 2:49 am

well i figured that i would share that at the end of January i decided it was time to slim up for my health. i was easily getting out of breath and had reached the highest weight i have ever been. i talked to some friends and co workers and a Jr. High P.E. Instructor told me to read this book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i read the entire book which pretty much says that Carbohydrates and sugars cause our body to make and store fat. so i eliminated carbs and sugar completely from my diet. i can proudly say just by changing my diet and not exercising i have lost 70lbs in the last 4 months.

this is by far the skinniest and lightest i can ever remember being. i have a t shirt my father bought me when i was 12 years old and when i tried it on it was too tight so i threw it in my dresser drawer, well i loved the shirt so i kept it and now 17 years later it fits me.

The worse part about losing so much weight is all the people confronting you and asking if you are sick/dying but i feel great and thats all that matters to me is my health

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone trying to lose weight?   Thu May 28, 2015 9:02 am

Congratulations Joe! That is quite an accomplishment. I too have had some very gradual weight gain over the decades. I exercise regularly and have not changed my eating habits though. I am still gradually gaining weight. While exercising is very good to keep the heart healthy and arteries clean, watching what you eat is key to weight loss. Keep up the good work and if possible, incorporate an exercise regiment every other day...just for a half hour or so. Your post is motivating. Maybe I can get in the good habit of eating better now. We are definitely creatures of habit!

Congratulations Smile

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone trying to lose weight?   Thu May 28, 2015 12:05 pm

thank you Bob, i will go get a checkup to make sure i am actually "healthy" but this is the best i have ever felt so i hope all is well

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Anyone trying to lose weight?   Thu May 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Wow Joe! very impressive my friend! Smile  I am very happy for you! I have always been the healthy type and keep in shape. They say 70%-80% of your results is proper diet. Basically you are what you eat. These days our food is loaded with so many preservatives and other things that we need to pay close attention to what one eats. Im always looking on the back labels of things to see what is all in there. The US is now one of the most obese nations in the world. And I blame a good portion of that on the foods that the US has, and the added crap that is in them. Joe you are right about carbs and sugars. They do cause the body to go into more of a storage mode. The US is known as the nation of Super Size!! That is why fast food places dont use the term super size meals anymore.

Congrats again Joe! You should be very proud!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone trying to lose weight?   Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 am

Thanks Brian, well i am 1/2 native American and i thought about it.... Indians ate mostly fresh meat and eggs, there werent digging potatoes and baking bread or having sugar cane with their meals. i have actually got into an argument with someone who told me you absolutely have to have sugar in your diet or you will die, where do these people come from?

Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Anyone trying to lose weight?   Fri May 29, 2015 11:58 am

Way to go, Joe!!

That's an impressive amount you lost just from changing your diet.

---John

Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone trying to lose weight?   Fri May 29, 2015 12:31 pm

thanks John Very Happy

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Anyone trying to lose weight?   Fri May 29, 2015 7:38 pm

JAG wrote:
Thanks Brian, well i am 1/2 native American and i thought about it.... Indians ate mostly fresh meat and eggs, there werent digging potatoes and baking bread or having sugar cane with their meals. i have actually got into an argument with someone who told me you absolutely have to have sugar in your diet or you will die, where do these people come from?

Ha Ha Well Joe your on the right track!  You do need sugar but what a lot of people don't realize is you can get that from food you eat. Your body extracts sugars from meats and vegies and fruits. Your body does it naturally. There just is a lot of misconceptions of how one gets this or that. Example is most people think that if you buy cholesterol free butter that will lower your cholesterol. Truth is it wont do anything for that. Your body gets that from fats. It doesn't get it from cholesterol. Theres just a lot of confusion on many levels when it comes to what is good for you and what isn't. If you know something may not be good for you..The key is moderation Wink
Again good job!

Brian.
Back to top Go down

Anyone trying to lose weight?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-