The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:00 am

Please help me find my dream car, a 2 door 1958 Plymouth Fury.
I would prefer the car to be a project car that is mostly complete but needs restoration. In other words, I don't want a car that is just the frame or the shell of the car.
I want to own a 1958 Plymouth Fury all of my own and do the restoration all by myself and restore the car to look like Christine.
I have searched the internet for countless hours and have not had very much luck...
So please, help me find my dream car!
I would prefer to be notified of cars at my email address which is as follows:
jackie1958idaho@gmail.com

UPDATE EVERYONE!
Yes, I am still searching, but anyhow, I am updating because of the reason I am finding it very difficult to find a Fury. So, I am changing my search.
I will settle for a Belvedere also, as I have found that they are very similar. In fact, the Belvedere is actually more of what I am after as I have found out is was actually a Belvedere that was used in the filming of Christine.
Why I have changed my mind to like the Belvedere more is because I happen to like the silver trim more on the Belvedere than I like the gold trim on the Fury.
I am still after a project car..
Sorry for the late changing of my mind...
Thanks.

---Jackie.
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:59 am

My advice is to watch Craigslist and local want ad papers like a hawk. There are still cars out there to be found, but auction sites like E-bay they get very expensive for a car that needs everything.

---John

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Thanks for the advice John!
I will do that- hopefully I find one!

---Jackie.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Jackie,  patience will serve you best when looking for one of these cars. As you have probably already noticed they don't pop up very often or are easy to find. And the ones that do tend to pop up are in really rough shape or are missing a lot of parts! But if you have the desire and the will you just may be very lucky to obtain one. Have patience and you will be surprised what just may pop up! I know I was Smile Good luck with your hunt! Don't forget too introduce yourself to everyone. The more you get your name out there the better your chances are in finding one! Use the introduction section to say hello to everyone!

Cheers! And good luck my friend! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:24 pm

http://www.autotempest.com/

Hello Jackie, Use this search engine to search Craigslist and a few other sites as well. Perseverance is the key.

Best wishes to you,

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Hello Brian!
Thanks for the advice and hopefully I find one!
Also, thank you for letting me know about the introduction section- I didn't know that it existed, I need to do a lot more exploring of the Christine Car Club!- and I posted an introduction of myself there right when I read your reply to my post, so thanks again!

---Jackie.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello Bob!
Thanks for the link for the search engine....
Thanks for the advice and I hope I find one!
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:58 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Hello Bob!
Thanks for the link for the search engine....
Thanks for the advice and I hope I find one!

You're very welcome! I use that search engine all the time. It works very well. Use it often as new cars come up for sale when you least expect them...and they sell quickly so act fast when you see them.

But before you even get into looking to buy...let me just ask you a few questions and give you something to think about. Do you have experience with classic cars...or is your Dad, a close family member or a good friend into them? The reason I ask is because you need to be careful what you buy. You need to know what you're looking at and know what you're up against too. These cars were very prone to premature rust out when they were new...and now they're going on 60 years old, so what you'll most likely find are cars that have been neglected, dismantled and/or worked over. I suggest going into the restoration section here and really taking some time to see what other members have done to their cars. Parts are hard to find and expensive too, so getting a complete car is very important. Ask questions and spend a lot of time getting familiar with the 58 Plymouth. Anything I can do to help you...feel free to ask. I think I can speak for others here too. Don't be afraid to ask us questions.

Regards,
Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:01 am

Hi Bob,
responding to your questions...
I do have a good amount of experience with classic cars. I live with my dad and my dad works on classic cars and I also help my dad out doing it. What my dad works on in case you are curious is Chevys. My dad is almost done restoring his 1967 Chevy Chevelle SS, which I helped my dad work on. In between working on the Chevelle, my dad also owns a 1967 Chevy El Camino, that we have been working on. On the Camino, we have still a lot more work in front of us restoring it because I think before my dad bought it here in Idaho, ( Idaho has a relatively dry climate in Southwest Idaho, which is where my dad bought the car ) I believe the car used to be outside a lot somewhere way down south where it gets tons of moisture because the car has tons of rust and also body-filler on it. We are about ready to start on the bodywork process on the Camino.
Now I bet you ( I know my dad is even after i have told him the reason countless times )are wondering how on Earth I want to buy and restore a '58 Plymouth after hearing all this about my dad owning Chevys, not Mopars! In fact, no one in my family owns a classic Mopar to my knowledge!
So I will tell you the reason Bob.
The reason is because I fell in love with the car, Christine, when I saw her on TV. Since no one else in my family owns a '58 Plymouth, I have relied on myself to do the research on these cars over the internet. I have done research on these cars for a good many years now, ever since I got hooked on the car when I was a young teenager...
Thanks for telling me about the rust issues that these cars have. I will keep it in mind when I get ready to buy...
I will go to the restoration section here too...
In my years researching these cars, I have also seen that parts are not easy to find for these cars, so that's why I planned on getting a complete car when it comes time to buy. I still want a project car, just bone that's complete with all the body panels there and not the whole entire car eaten up by rust. If it seems that I am not making any sense by how I want a project car that's mostly complete, what I mean is if you have seen the movie Christine ( which I am sure everyone in this club has ) where Arnie first saw Christine and bought her. That is what I mean by a car that is mostly complete.
If I run into any questions that need answering, I will be sure to ask...

I am sorry if I may have made you upset in any way by me still wanting to own one of these cars- its just that I fell in love with Christine when I first saw her on TV. I guess you could call it love at first sight... I just have had my heart set on owning one of these cars all of my own ever since I saw the movie and read the book when I was a young teenager. I have been unfortunate to have actually never seen one of these cars in real life, not just on the screen. I believe the only chance that I will get at seeing one of these cars in real life when I actually get the opportunity to buy one all of my own...
If you are wondering why I still want to buy a project car and restore it by myself is because it is kind of like the story of Christine how Arnie bought Christine as a project car and restored her by himself. just I hope that I am not as unfortunate as Arnie when he restored Christine and then to see all that hard work down the drain when the bullies trashed Christine... It would be cool though if that did happen and then I see that my car is supernatural then though, only I would have a killer car then on my hands...

So yes, you might say that I am mule-stubborn about owning this car, and you can say it if you want because, believe me, I have had many others say the same thing about me...

Also sorry for writing such a long reply...

---Jackie.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:08 am

Jackie, no one here will fault you for wanting a 58 plymouth, that's why we are all here Very Happy It's cause we have similar stories and a lot of us can probably relate with Arnie as well, I know I could. I saw Christine at a young age and instantly fell in love with the 58 plymouth too. If you've done your research then you know how infrequently these cars come up for sale, and because of poor workmanship and lack of rust proofing, there's not many survivors so just be prepared to either spend a bit more to find a complete car or, you might have to tackle a bigger project to find something cheaper. They're out there, it just takes patients, and good timing, oh and $$$. Smile

Chris.

Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:00 am

well since your such a big fan of the movie i will share with you that i was too thats why i bought these screen used quarter panels off the bulldozer scene car Very Happy

CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:20 am

I guess you could say that we're all mule-stubborn Jackie scratch I'm very glad to hear your father has experience with old cars...and it sounds like you have a really good head start on the hobby because of the experience you have obtained by helping him. Chevys vs. Mopars...no big deal at all. They're all similar enough. You'll do well. I'm glad you found us...we can give you lots of good information too.

Bob

Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car   Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:07 am

Jackie,
After reading your posts, I cannot think of a reason you should not pursue one of these cars. You've been around the restoration block, should I say, a time or two.

---John

Wanted: 1958 Plymouth Fury project car

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: For Sale/Wanted Section :: Wanted:-