The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Yesterday at 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Who's Your Daddy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Who's Your Daddy?   Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Dads are important aren’t they? I myself had a great dad. He was a World War II army veteran, a very dedicated husband to my mom, a great provider...He loved us kids, spent much time playing with us, teaching us and he always brought us to church on Sunday. I could go on and on. Dad's not with us anymore though. He's with our Father in heaven now as He was a true believer in Jesus Christ. I still have a rare blessing of one of the the last pictures of my dad imbedded in my brain. As he was dying, he kissed the cross hanging off my aunt's neck as she kissed him goodbye.

Unfortunately, not all of us have happy memories of our fathers. For some reason or other, our relationships may be soured or even nonexistent. I have a friend whose experience with his dad was way different than my own. You see, his dad was an alcoholic who cheated on his mom and abuse trickled down to the children as well. Even to this day, the hurt is still there even though his dad is now gone.

I’ve heard before that our relationship with our earthly father can parallel our own relationship with God. Was it easier for me to accept God's free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ because I had a wonderful earthly father? I don't know...but my friend still struggles. He desires to know God, but he has a brick wall around his heart that he can’t seem to get through. No doubt, my friend needs some inner healing that I know God can take care of. I'm sure God yearns to show him the love of a true father but my friend also has to be ready and willing.

Understanding the fatherhood of God can be difficult for some. Do you know Jesus set a pattern for us to pray to God as “Our Father" in Matthew 6:9-13? And in Romans 8:15-16 the apostle Paul writes to the believers in Rome, “you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.” And do you know what the translation of Abba is? It’s an Aramaic word that communicates the deep intimacy that takes place between a father and his child. It's most closely translated as “daddy.” Does our God desire to know us only from a distance? No way! There is a deep, intimate relationship our God yearns to have with each one of us. How amazing is it that the Creator of the universe longs to have this with you and me!

Insight: Whether you’ve had a dad that makes it easy for you to receive the love of our heavenly Father or not, God still longs to have a deep meaningful relationship with you. This Father’s Day let’s do some soul searching so we too can call Him our Abba Father.

Dear God, I yearn to have a deep intimate relationship with You. I realize this can only begin when by faith, I receive Your Son, Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Heal my heart O Lord, so I can have this relationship with You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Who's Your Daddy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-