The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!


Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth
 
HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» The Work of Your Hands
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 pm by furvedere

» Questions about Christine
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:10 pm by Christinefan824

» Victor keychains
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:27 am by JAG

» Manual Steering Box
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:51 pm by eva_392

» Hell Hath No Fury Like Her: The Making of Christine by Lee Gambin
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:41 pm by Christinefan824

» Christine news
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:42 am by Christinefan824

» 1958 Plymouth - Chrstine!
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:39 am by eva_392

» Old Smokey
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 pm by cooltoys1

» Paint colors ???
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:08 pm by Christinefan824

» Roof moulding clips
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:25 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix

Share | 
 

 Christine movie "Show Me" scene

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Christine movie "Show Me" scene   Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:43 pm

This is after this video was posted on the home page.
This is one of my more favorite scenes in the movie Christine.
To me, I think this was the scene where Arnie really figured out that his car, Christine, was different from all other ordinary cars.

Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar

Posts : 245
Points : 311
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-11-14
Age : 51
Location : The Great American Northeast

PostSubject: Re: Christine movie "Show Me" scene   Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:16 pm

We all love it. For years I thought the sexy music was written for the movie but it's "Harlem Nocturne" as done by the Viscounts. The trick was, sadly, to film a car being crushed from inside (imploding), then roll the film backwards.

_________________
Serge's '58 Edsel, Edna.
Photo album of Christines and near-Christines.
Serge's home page including links to '50s car photos.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/index.html
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Christine movie "Show Me" scene   Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Serge wrote:
We all love it. For years I thought the sexy music was written for the movie but it's "Harlem Nocturne" as done by the Viscounts. The trick was, sadly, to film a car being crushed from inside (imploding), then roll the film backwards.

That is so sad to destroy a car that way! Sad

I wonder how they did it then - so what did they use to do it, hydraulics to suck the car inwards?
Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar

Posts : 245
Points : 311
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-11-14
Age : 51
Location : The Great American Northeast

PostSubject: Re: Christine movie "Show Me" scene   Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:30 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Serge wrote:
We all love it. For years I thought the sexy music was written for the movie but it's "Harlem Nocturne" as done by the Viscounts. The trick was, sadly, to film a car being crushed from inside (imploding), then roll the film backwards.

That is so sad to destroy a car that way! Sad

I wonder how they did it then - so what did they use to do it, hydraulics to suck the car inwards?

Exactly.

_________________
Serge's '58 Edsel, Edna.
Photo album of Christines and near-Christines.
Serge's home page including links to '50s car photos.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/index.html
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Christine movie "Show Me" scene   Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Serge wrote:
1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Serge wrote:
We all love it. For years I thought the sexy music was written for the movie but it's "Harlem Nocturne" as done by the Viscounts. The trick was, sadly, to film a car being crushed from inside (imploding), then roll the film backwards.

That is so sad to destroy a car that way! Sad

I wonder how they did it then - so what did they use to do it, hydraulics to suck the car inwards?

Exactly.

Ok, thanks for telling me that was how they did suck the car inwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Christine movie "Show Me" scene   

Back to top Go down
 

Christine movie "Show Me" scene

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-