The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!


Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth
 
HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 
 

 Got some UGH to deal with.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Joe Sportone wrote:
I was wondering why the previous owner put reflective tape on the doors....

Well my best guess was to cover the splitting seams where the mylar and vinyl meet.

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC




V8 Poly 318

2016
2016

Posts : 1498
Points : 1502
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2014-09-30
Location : Minnesota. Home of Charles A. Lindberg

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Well Chris, The picture with the light underneath the car really makes you do this!  :affraid:


But no worries you will come up with a plan of attack! Smile
Its like just another day at the office.

Good luck!


Brian.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:22 am

DevilsRide wrote:
Well Chris, The picture with the light underneath the car really makes you do this!  :affraid:


But no worries you will come up with a plan of attack! Smile
Its like just another day at the office.

Good luck!


Brian.

Thanks there Brian! You know, they say one can do wonders with duck tape! Hee! Hee!

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
avatar

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR


2014

Posts : 2391
Points : 3242
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 57
Location : Ontario, NY

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:10 am

I'm sorry you found so much rust through... Crying or Very sad  Do you feel like you're on an deserted island Chris? I know I often do with these old finned cars. Parts are scarce...mechanics don't know what they're doing with them etc etc. I hope you have a friend or two to give you a hand. Hang in there and take a deep breath and remember...it doesn't have to be fixed tomorrow to get to work. I'm going through this right now as I'm into the rear brakes/axles on the 58 and I really don't feel up to the job.

Looks like the only way to fix the trunk floor is to get a new pan and weld it in. What's you're plan of attack?
I'm actually not sure...are there repops out there or do you have to get a good used one?

Bob

_________________
1958 DeSoto Firesweep 2 dr ht
1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht
1968 Plymouth Fury III

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Chris you are in luck! Smile 
I just did some researching to find a new trunk pan for you and I found one! Very Happy 
Here is the link to it:

http://www.andysautosport.com/products/classic_2_current__098-770.html
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:16 pm

furvedere wrote:
I'm sorry you found so much rust through... Crying or Very sad  Do you feel like you're on an deserted island Chris? I know I often do with these old finned cars. Parts are scarce...mechanics don't know what they're doing with them etc etc. I hope you have a friend or two to give you a hand. Hang in there and take a deep breath and remember...it doesn't have to be fixed tomorrow to get to work. I'm going through this right now as I'm into the rear brakes/axles on the 58 and I really don't feel up to the job.

Looks like the only way to fix the trunk floor is to get a new pan and weld it in. What's you're plan of attack?
I'm actually not sure...are there repops out there or do you have to get a good used one?

Bob
Thanks Bob, surprisingly I'm not all that bummed about the problems I've been encountering. If this was any other old car, I would have bailed long ago but this is a car I've wanted for many a year so I've just been taking the "discoveries" in stride. It does irk me to see how the previous owner only cared about making a quick buck on ebay and just doctored up the flaws to look good instead of actually fixing anything. I do have a plan, it is a bit unorthodox but I think it should be okay.

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:20 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Chris you are in luck! Smile 
I just did some researching to find a new trunk pan for you and I found one! Very Happy 
Here is the link to it:

http://www.andysautosport.com/products/classic_2_current__098-770.html
Thanks Jackie, I have seen these pans listed on ebay but maybe it would be cheaper to buy directly from these guys. I'm probably gonna have to snag one of these pans seeing as how my trunk is swiss cheese. I hope your car has fared better. At least being a chevy, you can find a lot more parts. Smile

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:40 pm

57belv wrote:
1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Chris you are in luck! Smile 
I just did some researching to find a new trunk pan for you and I found one! Very Happy 
Here is the link to it:

http://www.andysautosport.com/products/classic_2_current__098-770.html
Thanks Jackie, I have seen these pans listed on ebay but maybe it would be cheaper to buy directly from these guys. I'm probably gonna have to snag one of these pans seeing as how my trunk is swiss cheese. I hope your car has fared better. At least being a chevy, you can find a lot more parts. Smile

You are welcome Chris! Smile 
Sorry to hear how much rust you found in your trunk.

I do have a little bit of rust in my car's trunk, but it isn't too bad. It is mostly just surface rust. I am going to try to stop the rust by sanding off the rust and using an anti-rust paint type stuff. I think it is called Rust-Oleum or something like that...
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC




V8 Poly 318

2016
2016

Posts : 1498
Points : 1502
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2014-09-30
Location : Minnesota. Home of Charles A. Lindberg

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:55 pm

57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
Well Chris, The picture with the light underneath the car really makes you do this!  :affraid:


But no worries you will come up with a plan of attack! Smile
Its like just another day at the office.

Good luck!


Brian.

Thanks there Brian! You know, they say one can do wonders with duck tape! Hee! Hee!

Ha ha I love duck tape! Maybe I can use that on my quarter panel. I was going to use chicken wire but that's old school stuff. Duck tape is the cutting edge and the new thing to use! Razz

Brian.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Something I've used on my car is "Miracle Paint" from Bill Hirsch Auto, it's like POR-15 but it doesn't require all the prep work and it can be applied directly to rust. It's a bit spendy but I really like how it holds to rusty metal.

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:59 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
Well Chris, The picture with the light underneath the car really makes you do this!  :affraid:


But no worries you will come up with a plan of attack! Smile
Its like just another day at the office.

Good luck!


Brian.

Thanks there Brian! You know, they say one can do wonders with duck tape! Hee! Hee!

Ha ha I love duck tape! Maybe I can use that on my quarter panel. I was going to use chicken wire but that's old school stuff. Duck tape is the cutting edge and the new thing to use! Razz

Brian.
Maybe some cardboard panels for good measure! Laughing

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC




V8 Poly 318

2016
2016

Posts : 1498
Points : 1502
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2014-09-30
Location : Minnesota. Home of Charles A. Lindberg

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:02 pm

57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
Well Chris, The picture with the light underneath the car really makes you do this!  :affraid:


But no worries you will come up with a plan of attack! Smile
Its like just another day at the office.

Good luck!


Brian.

Thanks there Brian! You know, they say one can do wonders with duck tape! Hee! Hee!

Ha ha I love duck tape! Maybe I can use that on my quarter panel. I was going to use chicken wire but that's old school stuff. Duck tape is the cutting edge and the new thing to use! Razz

Brian.
Maybe some cardboard panels for good measure! Laughing

Ha ha well I think your on to something here Chris. At least one can find cardboard. That with a little duck tape and a few gallons of body filler I should be good to go! LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:03 pm

57belv wrote:
Something I've used on my car is "Miracle Paint" from Bill Hirsch Auto, it's like POR-15 but it doesn't require all the prep work and it can be applied directly to rust. It's a bit spendy but I really like how it holds to rusty metal.

Thanks Chris. Smile 
I will use that in my car's trunk, hopefully I can stop the rust from getting any worse.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:13 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
Well Chris, The picture with the light underneath the car really makes you do this!  :affraid:


But no worries you will come up with a plan of attack! Smile
Its like just another day at the office.

Good luck!


Brian.

Thanks there Brian! You know, they say one can do wonders with duck tape! Hee! Hee!

Ha ha I love duck tape! Maybe I can use that on my quarter panel. I was going to use chicken wire but that's old school stuff. Duck tape is the cutting edge and the new thing to use! Razz

Brian.
Maybe some cardboard panels for good measure! Laughing

Ha ha well I think your on to something here Chris. At least one can find cardboard. That with a little duck tape and a few gallons of body filler I should be good to go! LOL Smile

MINT!

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:14 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
57belv wrote:
Something I've used on my car is "Miracle Paint" from Bill Hirsch Auto, it's like POR-15 but it doesn't require all the prep work and it can be applied directly to rust. It's a bit spendy but I really like how it holds to rusty metal.

Thanks Chris. Smile 
I will use that in my car's trunk, hopefully I can stop the rust from getting any worse.

Yeah, that stuff is really tough when it dries.

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:20 pm

57belv wrote:
1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
57belv wrote:
Something I've used on my car is "Miracle Paint" from Bill Hirsch Auto, it's like POR-15 but it doesn't require all the prep work and it can be applied directly to rust. It's a bit spendy but I really like how it holds to rusty metal.

Thanks Chris. Smile 
I will use that in my car's trunk, hopefully I can stop the rust from getting any worse.

Yeah, that stuff is really tough when it dries.

Good to know... Smile 
So can I also use it to fill in a slight rust cancer spot?
Why I say slight is cause it is only about an inch big. I cant see the ground either cause my car's trunk is dual layered, and the rust has only eaten through the 1st layer.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Yes, I have used it on my floors and it works well with fiberglass mat or cloth to bridge holes.

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:50 pm

Thank you very much Chris.
If you were wondering what I was talking about, here is some photos to better explain it:
My car's nice rusty trunk...  Only rust on the car though!



Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:18 pm

I can't seem to view your pics for some reason.

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:25 pm

That's really odd- the photos show up fine on my computer...
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Yeah, I can't see any of the pics you posted. I wonder if anyone else is having trouble viewing them.

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC




V8 Poly 318

2016
2016

Posts : 1498
Points : 1502
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2014-09-30
Location : Minnesota. Home of Charles A. Lindberg

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:54 pm

I cant see Jackie's photos either! Shocked


Brian.
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:03 pm

Well, I sure have some bad luck at uploading photos, don't I?
So, I was trying to do an easier way to upload the photos, and it obviously did not work.
So, I am going back to the way the 1st time I uploaded photos because that time it at least worked... So I am working on that right now... I will be posting the photos under "My 1st car".
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC




V8 Poly 318

2016
2016

Posts : 1498
Points : 1502
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2014-09-30
Location : Minnesota. Home of Charles A. Lindberg

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:13 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Well, I sure have some bad luck at uploading photos, don't I?
So, I was trying to do an easier way to upload the photos, and it obviously did not work.
So, I am going back to the way the 1st time I uploaded photos because that time it at least worked... So I am working on that right now... I will be posting the photos under "My 1st car".


Thanks Jackie! Smile


Brian.
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member



Posts : 958
Points : 1033
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:18 pm

I think my computer hates me or something. Now I am trying to upload the photos to the Gallery- same thing I did when all of you saw the 1st photos of my '59. I am trying the same thing again and now the Gallery does not want to accept the new photos for some stupid reason...
So on to plan B- I am going to try to download the photos again from my camera onto my computer and upload them here again. But that means even more time... So just hold on please... Sorry for the inconvenience- you can blame my stupid computer...
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:29 am

Well, I did me some more work on the "composite" trunk floor today.










It'll be like having a life size Revell model kit! :geek:

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar




Posts : 1024
Points : 1400
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-08-21
Age : 29
Location : Green island ny

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Sorry to hear about the trunk. Sad ouch!!

_________________
Arnie Cunningham: Well, isn't that what you're supposed to do with sh*t Scrape it up with a little shovel?

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.


Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

2016


Posts : 1813
Points : 2084
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-12-02
Age : 43
Location : Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanks Kera, yeah it was a scary site under all the bondo and patches but surprisingly, it's actually pretty rigid now. Smile

_________________
"Ever since he bought that car, he's been obsessed with it!"
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC




V8 Poly 318

2016
2016

Posts : 1498
Points : 1502
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2014-09-30
Location : Minnesota. Home of Charles A. Lindberg

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Looks good there Composite Chris! Very Happy


Brian.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10



2015
Posts : 5111
Points : 5108
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-11-18
Age : 31
Location : Syracuse NY

PostSubject: Re: Got some UGH to deal with.   Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:46 pm

hard to believe its the same trunk floor, great job Chris

_________________
Back to top Go down
 

Got some UGH to deal with.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Christine Car Club Tech Section :: Body, Interior & Exterior Trim & Paint:-