The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

A Merciful Love...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: A Merciful Love...   Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:47 pm

As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.” He called out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” “Lord, I want to see,” he replied. Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God. Luke 18:35-48

Have you ever found yourself in a moment of reflection, feeling like you are stuck in a rut? I know I have. Periodically, I think to myself, "I should be farther down this path by now." In this way, I can relate to the blind beggar sitting by the roadside. That's what it feels like - not on the road to somewhere, but sitting beside it, not getting anywhere at all. My first impulse is to make something happen for myself. That's the American way, right? Take my situation into my own hands rather than wait on God. Perhaps there's a different impulse we might pay attention to: the need to receive mercy from a loving Savior.

Try to imagine...if during one of these pondering moments you heard someone say, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." What would your reaction be? Would a sense of urgency well up within you? What need would be attached to that sense of urgency? The reality is that Jesus really does draw near to us each day. And He asks the same question of you and me today that He posed to the man in this story, "What do you want me to do for you?"

Insight: Where are you in your life? Are you in need of the loving mercy of the King of kings? Don't remain silent. Call out to Him!

Dear Lord...Please give me sight, just "to see" You as You draw near to me. The desire of my heart is to grow closer in my relationship with You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: A Merciful Love...   Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Yes, I feel that way right now "That I should be further down this road of life than I am right now".
How I feel that way is cause, well, 1st of all I don't have a job yet, and its just that I feel that every 19 year old should at east have a job now, well, I guess I am the only 19 year old that doesn't.
And adding to that, there is no way that I can actually afford and buy a Christine car if I don't have a job.
But here is the good side of it- I am actively looking for a local job currently.
Back to top Go down

A Merciful Love...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-