The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

A Welcoming Love

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: A Welcoming Love   Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Then they brought little children to Him, that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked those who brought them. But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.” And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them. Mark 10:13-16

Imagine this scene: Parents are bringing their children to have them touched by Jesus. The disciples are annoyed by this and attempt to send them all away, presumably making the case that Jesus has more important things to do. Jesus won't hear of it. In His typically direct way, He attributes high value to a slice of society that others overlook or simply tolerate and makes them the focus of His attention. Those who were viewed as intruders were, in fact, the most welcome. He publicly corrects His disciples in front of everyone and welcomes the children to come to Him, embracing them and blessing them.

What does Jesus mean that anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it? It's as simple as acknowledging our hopelessness due to our sin nature, our dependence and need for assistance, admitting we are as powerless as babies. As "responsible and respectable adults" we can get a bit too resourceful about trying to find our own way into God's good graces. Our approach is to try every way but God's way. Don't you think it's time for a trusting, child-like approach?

Insight: Can you remember how you were when you were a little child? You had no preconceived notions, no prejudice, you had a unpolluted heart that was teachable. That's what God wants in you now. Jesus invites you to climb up in His lap and receive His blessing like a child, utterly dependent on Him. He died for you so you can live...for eternity! Won't you come to Him now?

Prayer: Dear God, I want to come to You on Your terms...and I realize that I need a trusting child like approach to turn from my sins and receive Jesus as my personal Savior. In Jesus's Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: A Welcoming Love   Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:12 am

This scene with the disciples not allowing the children to go near to Jesus reminds me of a modern day scene:
Children are at the store with their parents and the children want to go look at a toy and the parents will not allow them to and then the children cry.
It makes me wonder if the children who wanted to go near Jesus cried when the disciples said the children could not go and see Jesus?

On the other topic of me as a child coming to and accepting Jesus as my personal Savior...
I remember when I accepted Jesus as my Savior, the one who died on the Cross for all of our sins then rose again on the 3rd day, and when I became a Christian. It is all very clear in my mind...
I was only a child, I was only 6 years old at the time, and me and my dad was up high in the Trinity Mountains of Idaho- 8,000 feet high to be exact- and it was in the fall when all the leaves were most beautiful and colorful. It was so pretty up there. And I remember thinking- this is God's country, He is the one who created this beautiful land. And that was when I accepted Jesus into my heart and became a Christian and I still am today. I attend my church as much as I can, and I have been going to the same church ever since I was 6. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: A Welcoming Love   Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:55 am

Very Happy ...Jackie...what an absolutely beautiful testimony you have. At 6 years old, seeing God's beautiful creation was enough to make you believe in His existence and then...receive His Son, Jesus as your Savior. Bless your parents for raising you to love the Lord. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Think about the multitudes...that get to see this beautiful world as they travel the globe and STILL don't give any thought that there might be a Creator behind it all! Or worse yet, those that refuse to believe in God and would rather believe a lie from the pit of hell; that we evolved from pond scum that came from a big bang. And of course, most people will not pick up the Bible because they're afraid they may might find something out about God...and about themselves too...and that God will ruin their lives and their fun.

Reader...Jackie's testimony is a wonderful example of how pure the heart of an innocent child really is. The heart of an innocent child contains no filth, no fears, no doubts, nothing to get in the way of believing God's perfect plan and it's wide open for Jesus to come in. And to hear you're still walking with the Lord at 19 years old Jackie...that is a testament of God's unfailing love in keeping you safe from the evils of this world.

More proof: If the heart of the mature was unpolluted like that of a child, there would be many more posts/comments on each one of these devotions and/or the on-line bible study here. Talk about a car...or anything else other than God, and the majority always chimes in. Sorry folks it may hurt, but it's the truth. Thank you Jackie for not being afraid to share your faith.

Here are a few scripture verses from Romans 1:18-20. Perfect example of how God's creation makes God and His attributes so obvious. The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

And there you have it. We will be without excuse when we meet Him...and that will be the moment our heart stops pumping.

Once again Jackie...thank you for blessing us with your beautiful testimony. Thank you for not being afraid to step out and speak your heart. God will bless you for "blessing us".

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: A Welcoming Love   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:33 pm

You are very much welcome Bob. Very Happy
I like being able to share my faith- I guess the right words to say is that it makes me feel good inside, I feel it is what God wants me to do.
It is funny- I just went over this just a few weeks ago in my church of how we believe that God was the one and only Creator of this land- not the "Big Bang Theory" or any nonsense like that.
And with my story- it is crazy and unreal to think of all of those people that travel around the world and see beautiful sights of God's Creation and those people still don't believe that God was the Creator of it all. If they did- I think that they would enjoy God's Creation so much more. I know that when I believed in that God was the Creator of this beautiful land- I enjoyed seeing God's Creation so much more.
And also adding to that "Big Bang Theory" nonsense- that is actually what society now days actually wants you to believe in. How I know is cause when I was still in school in science class, what the teachers taught is that we evolved from 1st the Big Bang Theory, then 2nd we evolved from monkeys. And all of what they teach isn't the truth- the real truth is that we evolved from God's Creation. God created the 1st humans- Adam and Eve. Then we evolved from Adam and Eve.
Back to top Go down

A Welcoming Love

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-