The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Bought With A Price

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Bought With A Price   Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit . . . and you are not your own? For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Stop and think! God bought you and paid for you with the precious blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. If you have asked Him to forgive you of your sins, received Him as your Lord and Savior (and I certainly hope you have) you now belong to Him body and soul. Join me as I reflect on this awesome truth. My body has become a temple, a dwelling place of God’s Holy Spirit. Am I allowing Him to do a thorough house cleaning? How do I treat this body that is now His? Exercise it, feed it, clean it? What about my spirit? How do I feed the spiritual part of me? Am I in His Word daily? Do I talk and pray to Him daily or even better yet hourly? Do I surround myself with strong Christians so I am frequently encouraged? What kinds of words come out of my mouth? What kind of thoughts do I have? Is the law of kindness on my tongue? Does the love that the Holy Spirit sheds abroad in my heart spill out to all around me? Do I reach out with Christ’s love to those who do not know Him—nearby and around the world?

Insight: Your body and soul belong to God alone. Keep yourself pure so that God may be glorified in you.

Dear God, Help me to remember that my body is the dwelling place for Your Holy Spirit.  Purify me, Lord. I long to live for You with all my heart. May I bring honor to Your name by the way I live. In Jesus' Name , Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bought With A Price   Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:11 pm

So I already knew that God created us all- but I didn't know until now that we belonged to Him body and soul.
Then now it really makes you think about how you should act on a daily basis since now I belong to Him... Wow...
Well, now I am glad that I have tried my best to remain pure all my life and I pray to continue to do so and I pray that God is happy of me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Bought With A Price   Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks Jackie...
You're comments always get me thinking. Yes, once we realize we are sinners, feel the need for a Savior and then believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be our Lord and Savior, we are His...we have been bought and paid for with Jesus death, burial and resurrection. This is the gift of God! God is actually behind all of this...to draw us to Himself and then He sends the Holy Spirit to live inside of us. He guides us...as to what we should be doing, saying, thinking etc. All of a sudden our conscience starts working the way God designed it...and the more we read the Bible, fellowship with other Christians, pray, witness etc., the closer we become with Him.

It's a terrible shame so many turn the gift down. Many turn it down without even realizing it. Some learn of Christ's death on the cross as payment for their sins and think accepting Him as Lord and Savior as payment for their sins is too easy...but in fact it came at a heavy price. I know not one of us can understand how difficult and brutal it really was for Jesus to willingly die for us. Many instead, decide they will work their way to heaven...and be good people while they live on this earth so that God will accept them some day, when in fact He will say "I never knew you". He only can know us if we believe in the One He sent to save us. Many believe Satan's lie and decide to do nothing at all because they think once they die there will be nothing. There are many false religions that are based on man's thoughts too which draw people off the straight and narrow path to God. The list goes on an on.

I have always liked this saying. Religion is man's way to heaven...but God's way to heaven is through His Son, Jesus Christ. Should we want any way but God's way?

Jesus is all we need and He bought us with a price. Keep fighting the good fight Jackie...run the race and win the prize. Pray for and do God's will and He will be ready with open arms when your time comes to meet Him.

Your willingness to learn, complete acceptance of God's Word and sweet comments always encourage me...and I'm sure, many others here too.

Thank you...and bless you.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bought With A Price   Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:21 pm

You are welcome Bob! Very Happy God bless you too!Very Happy
I am happy to hear that you like my comments... I like yours too, it seems that you have a truly natural and excellent talent to show God's Word! Very Happy Amen!

And God's way sure is the truly right way!!! Very Happy Amen to that too!
That just got me thinking- wouldn't this be such a much better world to live in if everyone was happy and believed in Jesus as our Savior???
Back to top Go down

Bought With A Price

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-