The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Yesterday at 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Speak Up!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Speak Up!!   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Then seizing him, they led him away and took him into the house of the high priest. Peter followed at a distance. And when some there had kindled a fire in the middle of the courtyard and had sat down together, Peter sat down with them. A servant girl saw him seated there in the firelight. She looked closely at him and said, “This man was with him.” But he denied it. “Woman, I don’t know him,” he said. A little later someone else saw him and said, “You also are one of them.” “Man, I am not!” Peter replied. About an hour later another asserted, “Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is a Galilean.” Peter replied, “Man, I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly. The men who were guarding Jesus began mocking and beating him. They blindfolded him and demanded, “Prophesy! Who hit you?” And they said many other insulting things to him. Luke 22:54-65

Bullying not only occurs to the young child in the school yard setting but it also happens to all ages and in all walks of life in one form or another. When I hear stories about children or adults who have been bullied, I notice there are always at least two levels of hurt. The first and most obvious comes from the mean-spirited nature of those actually doing the bullying. That’s terrible on its own. But there’s another, deeper hurt that may end up being even more damaging than the first: The silence of everyone witnessing it!

It hurts the one being bullied because they’re stunned that no one will help. That often makes bullies more brazen, leading them to intensify their meanness. Worse, it heightens the embarrassment, false shame, and loneliness of the victim. So it is imperative to speak up for others and speak out against the behavior. Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Proverbs. 31:8

Jesus knows precisely what it feels like to be bullied and to be left to suffer completely alone. Without cause, He was arrested, beaten, and mocked (Luke 22:63-65). Matthew 26:56 says that all the disciples forsook Him and fled. Peter, one of His closest friends, even denied three times that he knew Him. (Luke 22:61). While others may not understand fully, Jesus does.

Insight: When we see others being hurt, we can ask Jesus for the courage to speak up. The voice of a courageous Christian is an echo of the voice of God!

Prayer: Make us brave, Lord, for those who need our courage. Help us to speak for others and show them that You know their hurt and loneliness. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Speak Up!!   Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:39 pm

I feel sorry for all those who have been bullied. And the person who is the victim being bullied can't really do anything except hope that someone will come along to stop it.
What makes me even more angry about bullying is that when there are witnesses to the bullying taking place and they will not do anything to stop it except just look silently at the bullying taking place. :Marc :
I just can't believe and I am very shocked at the story of Jesus on how he was bullied and what was supposed to be his loyal disciples didn't do anything to stop the bullying of Jesus before their very eyes. Sad

And the topic of bullying also brings me to another story of bullying to say- only this one relates to the movie Christine...
At the start of the movie before Arnie Cunningham bought Christine- Arnie was in Auto Shop being bullied by Buddy Repperton and his friends and there was plenty of witnesses who never even bothered to help. Instead, all they did was laugh at what was going on. Then, Arnie's friend Dennis comes into the picture and he is the only one who helps out his friend Arnie.
Then Arnie gets another good dose of bullying by Buddy and his friends when Arnie already had Christine. This time the bullying for Arnie was aimed at his car Christine. And I can say for sure Buddy and friends picked the wrong one to bully when Arnie got Christine. Christine sure took care of them bully's. Hee! Hee!
But here again is the Christian side to the story again- we all cannot rely on our Christine cars to take care of us when we experience bullying/ get into trouble in our lives.
Instead- we have even a more powerful weapon stronger that anything to take care of us. That weapon to take care of us is God. He is always is there looking out for us because He loves us all very much. More than we will ever know. NYBOB
A very good example of this is the story of Moses and how God looked out for him. There was also a movie made in 1956 about the story of Moses. The movie is called The 10 Commandments. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Speak Up!!   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:53 am

Amen Jackie, As followers of Christ...the way God loves us and cares for us reminds me of this scripture verse.

For You have been my help,
        And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
Psalm 63:7

cheers  Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Speak Up!!   Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Great scripture verse Bob!Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Speak Up!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-