The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anthony Lee
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:37 pm

I'm still on the look out for my baby. She's the only car I've wanted since I was 5 and first experienced the masterpiece that is Christine. I've posted local wanted ads, came this close to getting a running and driving 58 two dr hardtop savoy for 4k that was five mins from my house, but the guy kept beating around the bush so he became a lost cause. :Marc :  Everything I've seen as of late has either been too haggard, way over priced, or the wrong model.

I'm not even picky. It would be awesome to find a belvie or plaza 2dr hdtp that is decent, just not looking for anything that's in too bad of shape (unless we're talking about a rusty Fury) ha That being said, I'm hoping to get some better luck here soon. If anyone could help me out, that would be great. Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:32 pm

Welcome to the club..... Literally..., welcome to the club!

Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Well to be frank, did you ever offer the the guy close to what he was asking? $4k isn't a realistic price for that savoy in the condition it's in. $4k will usually only get you a rolling wreck that needs a ton of work, at least that's what I've found out there.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:06 pm

So Anthony Lee,
So are you talking about the '58 hardtop Savoy that was listed on Craigslist for 10k that was copper colored???

So I agree with you Chris.
I don't think the seller would sell the car for only 4k. The car seemed in too good of condition to let go for only 4k when he is asking 10k for it...
Back to top Go down
Anthony Lee
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:15 pm

The guy didn't even know what it was worth at the beginning. He based it off of a crappy 57 4dr and figured his was worth gold after he read that guys ad. I've since offered him 6k, but he's still saying his mom doesn't want him to sell it. So for now, it is rotting away in his back yard open to the harsh elements of the Pacific Northwest. Its quite a shame really.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:39 pm

Anthony Lee wrote:
The guy didn't even know what it was worth at the beginning. He based it off of a crappy 57 4dr and figured his was worth gold after he read that guys ad. I've since offered him 6k, but he's still saying his mom doesn't want him to sell it. So for now, it is rotting away in his back yard open to the harsh elements of the Pacific Northwest. Its quite a shame really.

Anthony, 6k isn't nearly enough for that car. I looked his ad over pretty well and watched the video too. It sure sounds that's "why his mom doesn't want to sell it" (to you). In today's market, that car has to be worth the 10k he's asking...if you could get it for 9k it sure looks like you'd be getting a great deal.

I wouldn't let that one get away. As time goes on, you'll see why. Anything else you find (elsewhere) you'll have to add shipping to it too.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Anthony Lee
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:41 pm

furvedere wrote:
Anthony Lee wrote:

Anthony, 6k isn't nearly enough for that car. I looked his ad over pretty well and watched the video too. It sure sounds that's "why his mom doesn't want to sell it" (to you). In today's market, that car has to be worth the 10k he's asking...if you could get it for 9k it sure looks like you'd be getting a great deal.

I wouldn't let that one get away. As time goes on, you'll see why. Anything else you find (elsewhere) you'll have to add shipping to it too.

Bob

This I know. The thing is he's removed all his for sale ads as well, so maybe there is some real truth to the whole "my mom wants to keep it in the family" thing. Idk I can only hope for the best I suppose.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 pm

I was able to pull up the ad still, http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5126189027.htmlI know he said people kept flagging the earlier ads though. If you can come up with the cash, this is a chance of a lifetime to get a car like this which is so close to home and is in really decent shape. I just don't like the thought of having regret years from now over the one that got away.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:00 am

I really wish I had the money to buy this one- if I did I would buy it in a heartbeat... Smile
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:25 am

that is a great deal for that car at 10k trust us we have been in this hobby for many years and a solid 2 door hard top just doesnt come up very often. and from your original post there was never a 2 door hard top Plaza ever made. the 2 door hard top was only available in the Savoy, Belvedere, and Fury models. Hope you can get that car and welcome to the club

CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:54 am

Lee,  Im afraid to say it but 6k would be very short for what this car is worth.  The car is worth 10k all day long. I know you want to get it for a good deal but even at 10k you would be miles ahead of the game.  Everything ive always have come across is either really rusty or missing a lot of parts or both. And even at that there asking around 4k-6k. Looking for key parts can become very costly and you would easily run over 10k in a hurry. So when I look at this car it becomes easy to see what a deal it is for 10k. And on the plus side of things the car your looking at is just a short drive away so you have to factor that in as well.

I wish you the best of luck in your hunt. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:24 am

I hate to say it but lately I find myself avoiding these posts like the plague. Don't get me wrong... I'm all for your enthusiasm Lee. Hell, I've been there and still am. It's just that a lot of folks find that what they think they should have to spend on a 58 is far from reality these days. I've seen newbies on face book actually get belligerent and offensive when this reality hits them in the face. A relatively solid and complete two door hardtop belvedere in unrestored condition will run you anywhere from 10 to 15k. A Fury in the same condition 20 to 25k. If incomplete or rough it's a whole new ball game. All you can do is decide for yourself. That's assuming your lucky enough to find one. Some members have waited several years for the right car to come along. Take Bob aka Furvedere. He's been through hell. He had to deal with scammers and then after I don't know how many years got a screamin deal. The best advice I can give you is to not be afraid to spend top dollar and buy the most complete solid car you can. It will save you thousands in the long run. Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Unfortunately, I believe the whole problem lies in the reality of what cars are worth versus what they should be worth, and of course the value of something is always in the eye of the beholder. I'll be the first to agree that the price of old cars is ridiculous in most cases but that's the situation we have do deal with if one is to actually obtain a car like this. I know I went through a huge debate with myself when I bought my car, there is nothing practical about owning an old car, it's all about desire and when the desire is strong enough, logic goes out the window, but hey, that's what money is for, to buy the things we want! Smile

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:22 pm

I spent over $10,000 on a 57 hardtop that needs work. Felt lucky to get it. This one has already been converted to a 440 HP engine and 727 trans, needs brakes, body work, etc. The price you pay is equal to how valuable it is to you and what you are willing to pay.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:51 pm

eva_392 wrote:
I spent over $10,000 on a 57 hardtop that needs work.  Felt lucky to get it.  This one has already been converted to a 440 HP engine and 727 trans, needs brakes, body work, etc.  The price you pay is equal to how valuable it is to you and what you are willing to pay.

Have you posted pics of your 57 you've got now?

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:44 am

Yeah, I will definitely agree that the price on classic cars is pretty ridiculous considering that there really isn't much to them compared to your more modern sports car. It's all good though guys. I've had a wanted ad on Craigslist for about a month now and surprisingly enough, I got a solid lead to a complete, unrestored original red, 58 2dr hardtp Savoy. This older gentalmen called me and we talked on the phone for awhile, shortly after I had him email me some photos of the car to make sure it would be worth my time. Sure enough it looked like Christine herself. This guy was very informative and actually seemed like he was being honest (unlike the quack with the copper glow 58 savoy) he originally was going to do a Christine clone and has every part known to man to make it exact to the movie. Full 58 correct motorset with auto trans, all the sport tone trim with inserts, original 58 fabric that's still in the box with factory Plymouth brochures, dual quad carbs with gold air filters. I couldn't believe my eyes. He said he was into the car itself 12k and i can only imagine how much time and money was spent sourcing all those rare parts. He said to be done with it though, that he would let it all go for 12k with everything. Which is a steal for everything he had and how straight the car was.

He said he's not listing the car up for sale so it will just be in one of his garages until I can give him what he's asking. I thought that was awesome. Now I just need to save up that much. With a kid on the way it seems like it will take me forever.

Has anyone on here went another route rather than dishing out full on cash for their car's? I've read somewhere about a classic car loan or something.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:02 am

Anthony Lee wrote:
Yeah, I will definitely agree that the price on classic cars is pretty ridiculous considering that there really isn't much to them compared to your more modern sports car. It's all good though guys. I've had a wanted ad on Craigslist for about a month now and surprisingly enough, I got a solid lead to a complete, unrestored original red, 58 2dr hardtp Savoy. This older gentalmen called me and we talked on the phone for awhile, shortly after I had him email me some photos of the car to make sure it would be worth my time. Sure enough it looked like Christine herself. This guy was very informative and actually seemed like he was being honest (unlike the quack with the copper glow 58 savoy) he originally was going to do a Christine clone and has every part known to man to make it exact to the movie. Full 58 correct motorset with auto trans, all the sport tone trim with inserts, original 58 fabric that's still in the box with factory Plymouth brochures, dual quad carbs with gold air filters.  I couldn't believe my eyes. He said he was into the car itself 12k and i can only imagine how much time and money was spent sourcing all those rare parts. He said to be done with it though, that he would let it all go for 12k with everything. Which is a steal for everything he had and how straight the car was.

He said he's not listing the car up for sale so it will just be in one of his garages until I can give him what he's asking. I thought that was awesome. Now I just need to save up that much. With a kid on the way it seems like it will take me forever.

Has anyone on here went another route rather than dishing out full on cash for their car's? I've read somewhere about a classic car loan or something.

That sounds too good to be true. I don't think I've ever heard of a GOOD lead from a wanted ad for these cars. Anyone else? Anthony, here's another case in which I wouldn't wait very long to make the deal final. Any chance on getting a loan from within your family? I don't know of a loan specifically for a classic car...Used car/Personal loan yes, but interest rate is about as high as it gets!

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:40 am

I've heard there are companies that offer classic car loans, but unfortunately, I don't recall their names.

---John

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:19 pm

jj best classic car loans are one of the big ones. They will finance from a private party or a dealer. Pretty good rates too if I recall.Look them up on the web.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:37 pm

furvedere wrote:
Anthony Lee wrote:
Yeah, I will definitely agree that the price on classic cars is pretty ridiculous considering that there really isn't much to them compared to your more modern sports car. It's all good though guys. I've had a wanted ad on Craigslist for about a month now and surprisingly enough, I got a solid lead to a complete, unrestored original red, 58 2dr hardtp Savoy. This older gentalmen called me and we talked on the phone for awhile, shortly after I had him email me some photos of the car to make sure it would be worth my time. Sure enough it looked like Christine herself. This guy was very informative and actually seemed like he was being honest (unlike the quack with the copper glow 58 savoy) he originally was going to do a Christine clone and has every part known to man to make it exact to the movie. Full 58 correct motorset with auto trans, all the sport tone trim with inserts, original 58 fabric that's still in the box with factory Plymouth brochures, dual quad carbs with gold air filters.  I couldn't believe my eyes. He said he was into the car itself 12k and i can only imagine how much time and money was spent sourcing all those rare parts. He said to be done with it though, that he would let it all go for 12k with everything. Which is a steal for everything he had and how straight the car was.

That sounds too good to be true. I don't think I've ever heard of a GOOD lead from a wanted ad for these cars. Anyone else? Anthony, here's another case in which I wouldn't wait very long to make the deal final. Any chance on getting a loan from within your family? I don't know of a loan specifically for a classic car...Used car/Personal loan yes, but interest rate is about as high as it gets!

Bob
I sure can agree with you there Bob on the wanted ads, I tried some a couple different times and had nothing good come from them. I think there are people who see those ads and just want to screw with the poor guy listing the ad. The first time I posted, I had quite a few responses but they were bogus save for one that was way out of my price range, the second time, I never got any response. It's not to say that a good lead can't come from a wanted ad but I haven't had good luck with them.

Chris.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting much from making that ad, but I figured why not. I thought it was too good to be true as well, until I went to his house to see it. It was pretty surreal how many rare parts this guy has.

And thanks Jeff! I will be sure to look at that website. I really hope I can nab it from this guy. I would be set if that was the case.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Lee
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:21 pm

I was trying to post some photos of it, but I'm not sure how to from my phone.
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:06 pm

I think what you do to download photos on here is go to the Gallery (small red button up at the top left hand side above search box and right side of the logout).
Maybe someone with more experience doing this kind of thing can help out here?
But anyhow- I would like to see photos of the car...
Back to top Go down
58don
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:06 pm

I have a 57 I might let go.
Back to top Go down
set426
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: 57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED   Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:18 pm

58don wrote:
I have a 57 I might let go.

Still have it?
Back to top Go down

57-58 2 door hardtop dream car WANTED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: For Sale/Wanted Section :: Wanted:-