The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

The Foolish...The Weak...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: The Foolish...The Weak...   Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:14 am

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence. 1 Corinthians 1:27-29

If you think you are one of the "have nots" of this world, then give glory to God. His followers are made up of the "have nots." This verse above describes me: foolish, weak, insignificant and despised. Does it ring true with you, too?

God does not choose the lowly things because they are the only things that will have Him. He does so because lowly things are exactly what He works through. In their weakness, His strength is made perfect. When we are weak, we are actually at our strongest because Christ's power is front and center. When we are weak, we don't try to do everything in our own strength because we know we don't have any.

On the other hand, did you ever know a proud, successful worldly person that seemed to have everything...seemed to have it all together...seemed to have everything they need in this life right at the end of his/her fingertips? Did you become jealous deep in your heart because you wanted this for yourself? If so, remember what Jesus said. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26. This person may have everything right now...but what about eternity? I'd much rather have God's grace through Christ for eternity, rather than all the riches the world offers for seventy or eighty years.

God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. James 4:6. It's humbling to come to the end of ourselves. The first grace He gives is that He chooses you. He calls you to follow Him and serve Him, to make disciples who would be baptized in His name. He chooses us to tell others about the good news of salvation in Christ so that all the glory would go to Him, Jesus Christ, the One who saves.

Insight: Don't be ashamed when you are feeling weak, because then you are ready to be used by Almighty God!

Dear Lord, Please help these truths to fill my soul...help me to never forget them because I'd rather be weak...I'd rather be a fool for Your sake, than to gain all the riches in this world. Thank you Father, In Jesus Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: The Foolish...The Weak...   Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:16 pm

I agree with you Bob.
It does seem that those people that have everything that they could possibly want have "no room" in their life to accept God into their life.
Why? I think it is because those people think their wealth will "buy" their way into Heaven. But that's where they're completely wrong. The ONLY way that someone will enter Heaven is believing in Him.

That is why it is best (even though it may not sound like it) to be foolish and weak.
Why? I think it is because when you are foolish and weak it may seem like your only solution left in life is to turn to God for His help and guiding hand. And that would be the best decision that you ever made in your life! Smile
Back to top Go down

The Foolish...The Weak...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-