The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Today at 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

I Have Decided...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: I Have Decided...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:17 pm

So...
Not sure if all of you members here know about it or not, but for the ones that do, remember when I said I was thinking about buying the 1958 Plymouth Savoy 4-door Sedan that I found a few weeks back???

Well, guess what?
I have decided that I do want to buy the car. Very Happy
So I am hoping to buy her in the next couple of weeks if everything goes right and as planned. Very Happy
So I just couldn't take it any longer me driving by there almost every day and seeing her and she is not mine yet. Sad I definitely do not want this car to be the one that got away...
So I have decided to finally make her mine. Very Happy

So to fill you in on the whole story for those who do not know the whole story yet...
So a few weeks ago, me and my dad were driving along, we go by where the car was and I didn't know she was there at the time, and I really act like Arnie when he 1st saw Christine on the movie Christine.
So we go driving by there, I turn my head, and I see her for the 1st time. I was like "Stop the car! Stop the car!!! I want to look at her, SO STOP THE CAR!!! So my dad finally stops the car, before the car was even fully stopped, I jumped out of the car, I look at the '58 briefly, and go to ask the owners about her.
So I went to ask the owners about her...
So I did the wrong thing when I asked about the car to the owner because I was so exited I finally found a '58 Plymouth. 1st thing that comes out of my mouth is "I see your '58 Plymouth over there, can I buy it?"
Turns out the owners of the car is an old lady. She said to me that the car has been in the family for a long time, said that the car does run, and that she wasn't really thinking about selling but she said she may sell for $2,000 nothing less.
And no, the owner did not let me look at the car up close because she said she will still have to think about selling the car.
So I at least got that far... Smile

So now comes the hard part...
I do have a little bit over $2,000 saved up but my dad says I need to save it for if and when I ever go to college or something like that.
Parents... :Marc :
So I need to convince my dad to let me buy the car with the money I do have.
I can already hear the argument that me and my dad will have over this...
My dad will be like, "you already have the '59 Impala to work on, why do you think you need another car to work on when you haven't even finished the '59 yet!"
I am like " I really want this car!"

Any suggestions on anything??? Maybe on how to handle to argument that will take place?
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:57 pm

Well Jackie, This is a tough one. The money should be used for college..theres no doubt about it. Im a bit confused about the 59 impala. Is that yours or your dads? My other question to you is did your dad know how really bad you wanted a 57 or 58 Plymouth? Even though you have an Impala it sure sounds like your heart is set on a Plymouth! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:15 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Well Jackie, This is a tough one. The money should be used for college..theres no doubt about it.  Im a bit confused about the 59 impala. Is that yours or your dads? My other question to you is did your dad know how really bad you wanted a 57 or 58 Plymouth?  Even though you have an Impala it sure sounds like your heart is set on a Plymouth! Smile

Brian.

Brian,
The thing is, I am not sure I do want to go to college. I think I have had about enough of school for a while. Smile

The '59 Impala was going to be mine. I made a promise to my dad that I would be making car payments to him until I got the '59 paid off so then it could be mine. I have not paid my dad off yet... $19,000 to be exact I have not paid off to my dad.

I don't think my dad knows how really bad I want a '57/58 Plymouth.
I have tried to explain it to him, but I don't think he understands because he is saying to me that now (we) have an Impala, he is saying "That's a nice '50's car the Impala is" Then he gets back at me saying that, that he doesn't think I need a '58 Plymouth now since we have the Impala that is a '50's car like Christine.
Also, I hate to say it, but my dad thinks the Impala is so much cooler than Christine and he says to me that the Impala is cooler than Christine, trying to make me not like Christine any more, even though I still do love Christine.
My dad just don't get it that the Impala IS NOT the same car as Christine...
Also, by the way, my dad IS NOT a '50's finned Mopar fan. AT ALL!

And yes, I do still have my heart set on a '58 Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:15 am

Well Jackie let me tell you something. Our parents at times think what they like is what you like. So your dad is living his dream through you. Its not a bad thing at all. Its just as you start to grow up you have your likes and he has his. While some will be the same and some wont. As you have come to realize this is one of them. You like 57 and 58 Plymouths and your dad doesn't like them as much as you. When I was 16 my dad wanted me to get a 1967 Camaro. But I had my heart set on this 1966 mustang. We went back and fourth for sometime. He tried so hard to get me to like the older Camaros. Thing was I did like them but my heart was with the old mustangs.  One day an old mustang came up for sale just down the road. So we went to go look at it.  I could tell he tried very hard not to like it. But he looked at me and said.. Well Brian if this is what you really want then I guess it will do. But while my dads face looked disappointed I could tell he was also a bit impressed with the car. So we bought it. I was shocked when he said we will take it! Ever sense that day my dad had made a big turning point. He would come running home from work and say.. Brian get your coat I found this mustang! And from there history was made. My dad had become a mustang junkie! LOL. So from there on out me and dad had bought more old mustangs then I ever thought was possible. But Jackie you know what I realized that was more important then these old mustangs.. Spending time with my dad fixing them up! Those times and memories will never die. And those times and memories will never be for gotten.

So Jackie hang in there. Your dad will see how much you like your Christines. Just be open with him on your likes as well. Who knows maybe he will get bit by the Plymouth bug like you!
Good luck! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:01 am

You got a real life Christine novel on your hands. :O Laughing

Good luck.

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Jackie-
My advice is to keep that money in the bank, and go out and earn another $2000 to buy the car with. This way there is no friction caused between you and your father. Talk to the folks that own the car, you may even be able to make a deal that you do chores for them, especially if they are older folks, and they would put your time spent helping them towards the purchase of the car. I know plenty of people that go to yard sales on the weekends, and find things that they know are more valuable than what the seller has them priced at, and advertise them on E-bay or Craigslist to make more money.

---John

Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:51 pm

that is excellent advice John, wow Brain that is an awesome story, i am in agreement with John and Brian Jackie, try not and cause friction between you and your dad, your dad shouldnt be trying to push off his favorite car onto you, i like my dads favorite car but i wanted a Plymouth so thats what i got even against his ideas of what was better and he supported me on it finally

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:33 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Well Jackie let me tell you something. Our parents at times think what they like is what you like. So your dad is living his dream through you. Its not a bad thing at all. Its just as you start to grow up you have your likes and he has his. While some will be the same and some wont. As you have come to realize this is one of them. You like 57 and 58 Plymouths and your dad doesn't like them as much as you. When I was 16 my dad wanted me to get a 1967 Camaro. But I had my heart set on this 1966 mustang. We went back and fourth for sometime. He tried so hard to get me to like the older Camaros. Thing was I did like them but my heart was with the old mustangs.  One day an old mustang came up for sale just down the road. So we went to go look at it.  I could tell he tried very hard not to like it. But he looked at me and said.. Well Brian if this is what you really want then I guess it will do. But while my dads face looked disappointed I could tell he was also a bit impressed with the car. So we bought it. I was shocked when he said we will take it! Ever sense that day my dad had made a big turning point. He would come running home from work and say.. Brian get your coat I found this mustang! And from there history was made. My dad had become a mustang junkie! LOL. So from there on out me and dad had bought more old mustangs then I ever thought was possible. But Jackie you know what I realized that was more important then these old mustangs.. Spending time with my dad fixing them up! Those times and memories will never die. And those times and memories will never be for gotten.

So Jackie hang in there. Your dad will see how much you like your Christines. Just be open with him on your likes as well. Who knows maybe he will get bit by the Plymouth bug like you!
Good luck! Smile

Brian.

Thanks Brian,
That helped me understand this better. Opened up my eyes to how my dad is reacting...

The truth on my story is that my dad always wanted a '59 Impala. So I found this one for him on Craigslist. My dad bought it.
So after my dad bought it, my dad thought that it would be cool to have this car as a father/daughter project.
My dad noticed that I liked the car, but somehow in my dad's mind he thought I liked the Impala more than Christine. He was wrong there. So as my dad thinks this, he is trying to turn me away from Christine. I just haven't had the heart yet to say I still love Christine more than the Impala.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:37 pm

ArnieCunningham wrote:

Good luck.

Yep, that's right Kera. She is the 4-door model, like the book car.
I was at first thinking about when I get her, painting her back to original, but I am more leaning towards painting her red/white. Very Happy 

Thanks Kera.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Big M wrote:
Jackie-
My advice is to keep that money in the bank, and go out and earn another $2000 to buy the car with. This way there is no friction caused between you and your father. Talk to the folks that own the car, you may even be able to make a deal that you do chores for them, especially if they are older folks, and they would put your time spent helping them towards the purchase of the car. I know plenty of people that go to yard sales on the weekends, and find things that they know are more valuable than what the seller has them priced at, and advertise them on E-bay or Craigslist to make more money.

---John

Thanks John,
That sounds like good advice.
I plan to go get an application for a job tomorrow. Hopefully I get the job. This way I can go earn another $2,000.
I just wanted to make a cash deal with the owner. I have just never felt sure of myself of paying off things with chores, especially when you are talking about something big like a car. I hope you understand. Also, the old lady made it pretty plain to me that she would only take a cash deal, and being that, the price on the car was $2,000 nothing less.
I wasn't planning on selling the car when I got it. No way. I planned on fixing her up, and keeping her. Even when I do get a '58 Plymouth 2-door hardtop later on in life, I am still not going to sell this one. This would be my 1st car that I really ever wanted. I am going to be paying for this one 100%.
The '59 Impala isn't technically "my car". My dad paid for it, and so it is a father/daughter project between us.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:02 pm

JAG wrote:
that is excellent advice John, wow Brain that is an awesome story, i am in agreement with John and Brian Jackie, try not and cause friction between you and your dad, your dad shouldnt be trying to push off his favorite car onto you, i like my dads favorite car but i wanted a Plymouth so thats what i got even against his ideas of what was better and he supported me on it finally

I am in agreement with John and Brian as well.
Your story sounds a lot like mine...
That is what my dad has been doing is making me try to like his favorite car more than my future Christine. I do like my dad's cars, but never more than my Christine. I have loved Christine for a very long time now, and I am not backing down.
I sure hope my dad supports me liking Christine soon...
If not, oh well...
I already know that I won't be able to keep her here at me and my dad's house.
Unfortunately, I will have to take her to Darnell's.
No, not Darnell's. But someplace like that, yes.
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:17 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
ArnieCunningham wrote:

Good luck.

I was at first thinking about when I get her, painting her back to original, but I am more leaning towards painting her red/white. Very Happy 

Thanks Kera.

Welcome. Post some pics for us. Smile NYBOB

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:20 pm

ArnieCunningham wrote:
1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
ArnieCunningham wrote:

Good luck.

Thanks Kera.

Welcome. Post some pics for us. Smile NYBOB

I will post some photos when I get the car Kera.
The old lady who owns the car currently didn't want me taking photos of her car for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:05 pm

To quote a nutjob I once knew...

"Go to college. Get some Knowledge"... Michael Koolaid

We called him that for a reason BTW...

Just wait until you can sit down at the Dinner table as a family and discuss it like rational human beings.

When they say "We think the Impala is best for you"..

Reply with..

"Well, that's what everybody wants isn't it? Well F&*K YOU! I'm buying Christine."

Be sure and let us know how that goes over.

Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:13 pm

I already know that won't go over well Wayne. Smile 
That kind of talk won't get me ANYWHERE in my family...
That kind of talk would get me 0% Christine.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:22 pm

Sounds like your lacking the 2 most important things you need when buying a car...

1. Money
2. A Willing Seller

Take John's advice. This way you get the $$ and don't spend your college savings. If she doesn't sell you'll have 2k more than you had when you started.

My .02

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:25 pm

I am taking John's advice Wayne.
It sounds like good advice.
I appreciate your 2 cents Wayne. Smile
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 pm

Jackie, There is a lot of good advice here. I think starting your own Christine fund is the right approach. Smile  And save the money you already have for college or whatever you decide in the future. Give your dad time he will come around and realize just how much love you have for these cars. The main thing here is that you and your dad share a lot of enjoyment for old cars and that's very cool. When I brought home my 2 door hardtop plymmie my dad was a bit shocked. He then told me he had bought a 58 belvy in 68. The same time when my dad and mom were dating before they got married. My dads brother liked his 58 belvy so much he went out and found one. But as luck would have it both cars ended up getting sold. My dads was in an accident and my dads brothers blew the motor. Sad

Good luck Jackie! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:15 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Jackie, There is a lot of good advice here. I think starting your own Christine fund is the right approach. Smile  And save the money you already have for college or whatever you decide in the future. Give your dad time he will come around and realize just how much love you have for these cars. The main thing here is that you and your dad share a lot of enjoyment for old cars and that's very cool. When I brought home my 2 door hardtop plymmie my dad was a bit shocked. He then told me he had bought a 58 belvy in 68. The same time when my dad and mom were dating before they got married. My dads brother liked his 58 belvy so much he went out and found one. But as luck would have it both cars ended up getting sold. My dads was in an accident and my dads brothers blew the motor. Sad

Good luck Jackie! Smile

Brian.

I agree Brian.
I do think starting my own "Christine fund" is the right approach. I actually went to go get a job application today for that very reason- to have an income coming in for the Christine fund. I hope I get the job- if I do, it shouldn't be too much longer before I can buy Christine. YAY! Very Happy
I sure hope my dad comes around- I am sure he will, in time. Smile I hope anyhow...
Wow Brian, I don't know you have a '58 Plymouth 2-door hardtop! Very Happy Do you still have her?
Too bad to hear that your dad and his brother don't have their '58's anymore. Sad to hear the reason they don't too... Sad

My family as far as I know never had any '57/58 Plymouth's. I don't even think ANY old Mopars for that matter. I will be the 1st.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:44 pm

Well Jackie, My dads 58 Belvy was all fixed up real nice but he had a suicide knob on the steering wheel and his coat cuff link caught the knob while he and mom were driving to a movie and the car went off the road and hit an approach. No one was hurt but the car. My dads brothers was bought from an old lady and the car was real nice. But the motor was so full of sludge that it self destructed. So back then the easiest thing to do was sell them and move on to something else.

But yes Jackie I still have my car. Its a 57 2 door hardtop belvy. It needs a lot of tlc but I have a vision to get it just like Christine. Smile  I do have a couple of pics of it in members rides. Look under DevilsRide and you will find it!

Cheerio!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am

DevilsRide wrote:
Well Jackie, My dads 58 Belvy was all fixed up real nice but he had a suicide knob on the steering wheel and his coat cuff link caught the knob while he and mom were driving to a movie and the car went off the road and hit an approach. No one was hurt but the car. My dads brothers was bought from an old lady and the car was real nice. But the motor was so full of sludge that it self destructed. So back then the easiest thing to do was sell them and move on to something else.

But yes Jackie I still have my car. Its a 57 2 door hardtop belvy. It needs a lot of tlc but I have a vision to get it just like Christine. Smile  I do have a couple of pics of it in members rides. Look under DevilsRide and you will find it!

Cheerio!

Brian.

Very sad stories about the 2 '58 Belvy's.
I am glad nobody was hurt in the story about your dad's Belvy. All  except for the car, that is. Must have been a sad time for your dad after he fixed up the car real nice.
Sad about how the motor blew on your dad's brother's car too. Funny how he bought the car from an old lady.
Why I say is because who owns the '58 here is an old lady. So if I do get it, will be buying the car from an old lady. And I do hope I still get the car.

Glad that you still have your car! Very Happy Wish you luck in restoring her to Christine. Very Happy I will go to members rides and see the photos of your car. Smile 

Oh, speaking of Christine cars, if it isn't too much of a problem to ask, did either your dad's or his brother's car look like Christine? Just wondering... Smile
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi Brian,
I just looked at the photos of your car today. It sure looks like you found a truly awesome deal! Very Happy Sounds like she's a rare car too with A/C. (Sorry, I just had to read more about her.) Smile I am now awaiting to see more photos on the restoration of her, please. Smile 
So is she originally red and white? Smile
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Hey Jackie no worries I will post more photos once I start my restoration. This should be a good winter project for me. But my guess is the original color was a desert gold with a white top. But it does have factory AC which I guess is rare. My guess it was repainted in the sixties sometime because when I found the car it had been sitting in a barn since 1973. Which is why the car wasn't all rotted away. Its just fun having a car like this. I have big dreams for it and we all love dreaming! Smile

Cheerio!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:23 pm

Thanks Brian for saying you will post more photos. Smile 
So you will be starting the restoration then this winter?
Too bad that she wasn't originally red and white... Sad 
So since she is factory A/C, I am wondering if you will keep the A/C in her like Wayne has done to his Christine?
Barn finds are nice, kind of "preserves" the car that way where the car isn't out in the weather. Glad to hear that your car was a barn find so she isn't all rotted away. Smile 

Yep- you got that right Brian. We sure do love all dreaming. Very Happy
Just look at me for a big example of that- I have been dreaming a lot about getting one of these cars. Heck, I have been dreaming so much about it I have already planned out what I am going to do to the car when I haven't even got it yet! Laughing
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:33 am

If everything goes as planned I will finally get to start it this winter. Smile  I am keeping the AC in it. I just may not have it all working right away. If you look at Waynes its something that will take a lot of work and time.. There is no plug and play there. So Wayne has gone above and beyond to get that AC. As you know Jackie there is no book one can flip open to order what one needs. These cars really test your skills.
When I first heard about the car I bought I thought it was sitting in a field or something like that.  So I really never bothered with it. It was when the guy called me a few times and he said I should come and look at it. But to let him know when so he could pull it out of the barn. It was then when I found out it had been in the barn since 1973. It was at that point I got real excited about it. And from there history was made for me. I was junk drunk for that Plymouth. It honestly was the first car ive ever looked at that was better then expected. But don't get me wrong she is going to need a lot of work. But its cars like this that make the work all worth while. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:59 pm

I hope everything goes as planned for you Brian. Smile 
So since you are keeping the A/C in the car, I hope everything works out all OK.
I definitely don't expect you to have the A/C up and running all in one day.

I know 1st hand that A/C stuff can be very confusing. It just blows my mind to try to work on A/C systems. My dad's '94 Chevy pickup has A/C. Or should I say it used to. The A/C went out in it. Try to re-charge the system with more of that refrigerant type stuff. Still don't work. I don't think the A/C motor is bad in it because it still blows out air- but not the type of air that I would like it to- it blows out hot air instead of cold. Don't know what the heck is wrong with it. Might as well just use it as a 2nd heater in the winter time. Laughing So now you might as well say the truck don't have any A/C.  

I wish you the best of luck with your car Brian. Smile I am sure that she will be very pretty when she's done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Thank you Jackie. I hope things go well also. Smile

Have you drove by that 58 4 door lately?

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 pm

You're welcome Brian. Smile 
And yes Brian, I have drove by the '58 4-door lately. In fact, I just drove by her earlier today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:19 pm

You know Jackie you should sneak and take a picture of it from the road of course. Wink

What color is it?

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Yeah, I probably should. Smile Only trouble is, unfortunately I don't have my own camera. Sad Hopefully my dad will let me use his. Smile 
The color of her is an old faded blue. Looks to be the original paint. I am thinking she may have been Bluebonnet Blue.
Back to top Go down

I Have Decided...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-