The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

» Frame metal thickness?
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm by RacerRick

» Wise Stewards
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket Issues Amongst Other Things
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm by ChristineFury

» Car Crazy?
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:21 am by goat19642004

» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

I Have Decided...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:12 pm

Very cool Jackie. Did you say a lady owns it? It she or he the original owner?

Brian.
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Thanks Brian. Smile 
Yes a old lady does own the car. I am not sure if the lady is the original owner or not - the lady did say she has owned the car for a long time, so maybe???
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Well that's cool. You know that might be just the car for you. Maybe by the time she is ready to sell it you will have some cash saved up! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 pm

I think it's cool too Brian. Smile 
I sure do hope that this is the car for me. Glad that you agree with me Brian. Very Happy 

Speaking of cash, I just turned an application for a job in earlier today. Hope I do get the job. if I do, that means cash coming in, and then get the car. YAY!!! Very Happy 
When I was out and driving around, that's when I went by the car. Actually went by her 2 times today. Very Happy Each time I go by the car, the more and more I wish I owned the car. Especially since there's so much stuff piled up on top of her. Just an example- there's a large gas can on the rear fin area. Just shows that nobody cares about her. Poor Christine! Sad
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Well good for you Jackie. I hope you get the job. Just save those pennies. Smile Just remember any little bit helps. Just get a jar and slowly put money in it. Before long you will be surprised at how fast it adds up!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:09 am

I hope I get the job too. Smile 
I sure will be saving all my money to buy the car. I want to get her as soon as possible. Very Happy 
Funny- when you said that, I had a song pop into my head, and it's stuck there now. Laughing
Goes like this:
Well I saved my pennies and I saved my dimes,
For I knew there would be a time,
When I would buy a brand new 409...

Only not a 409 in my case... How about a brand new 318 (meaning '58 Plymouth)!

This song to tell you the truth actually 1st started getting stuck in my head around the time when we got the '59 Impala. Because this song is about a '62 Impala with a 409, the "59 Impala that we got has a 348, but the 348's and the 409's were pretty much the same motor.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Very nice Jackie.. I do like that song too. Its very catchy! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 pm

I like the song too Brian. Smile
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:57 pm

So I almost had a heart attack on last Sunday night coming home from hunting.
Driving by the house where the '58 is located and I could have swore that she wasn't there. Almost had a heart attack! Shocked So I couldn't be sure cause it was nighttime and the house is dark as well, so I couldn't see the car...
But I couldn't sleep at all that night. So as soon as it was light, I went over there and I was so relieved when I found out she was still there. Very Happy Same position, with her flat tires. So she obviously hadn't moved...

But in the same story when I was so worried that she was gone, I also broke the news to my dad that I am planning on getting her. So good news is that my dad finally understands on how much I love these cars. Very Happy 

I also went to see her earlier today. Very Happy Found out some stuff about her too.
1st off, I went to see her up close today. Very Happy I can't see too good on her interior cause the windows are milky-white from age. Same condition on how Christine's windows were when Arnie bought her.
But I can see real good on the exterior. Very Happy 
She is definitely a Savoy.
She is in good condition. I am not seeing any rust. Also the thing that amazed me is that you know how there is usually rusty eyebrows? Well, I don't see rusty eyebrows on mine. Very Happy 
I also looked on her front end today too. She doesn't have the front "V" emblem. So can someone please help me out with what she does have then? I didn't pop the hood... I don't even know where the hood release is! Laughing Seriously, I don't know where the hood release is... Yep- I am a real car expert- don't even know where the hood release is on my own car... Embarassed

I also figured out that she has been there a LOT longer than I have expected...
I don't know why I haven't spotted her there earlier... Sad 
But I believe she may have been there since at least 2007 from what I found on Google Earth.
Also I saw her old license plates today. I don't think you live in Idaho, so I will try to explain it to you...
Now Idaho has red/white/blue license plates.
What is on the '58 right now is old Idaho license plates with a white background and green lettering.
I believe these license plates are from the '60's or '70's. It can't be anything newer than that. So she's been there for a long time... Most likely even before I was even born! Laughing If she was in a barn, you could say that she would be a barn find...
She is sitting in a carport, but not a barn. Smile 

Oh, with where she's sitting, that brings me to say another thing.
I am going to have a real fun time trying to back her out of there when I buy her... Laughing
1st off, I will have to bring my air compressor with me cause she has flat tires. But that's the least of the story...
Where the carport that she is sitting in is located right next to a alleyway. Very skinny alleyway. Then on the other side of the alleyway is a fence. Shocked
I just hope that she turns tight cause I will have to be turning her tight to get her outta there.
And I sure hope I don't back her into that fence! I am not the world's greatest backer-upper... Shocked
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Glad she's right where you left her! If there's no "V" then she's probably got a flathead six under there, just like mine.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Yep Chris, I was really glad she was still there too. Since it was dark then, it sure looked like she wasn't there. But it turned out just to be my eyes playing tricks on me since she was there in the morning, in the same place and all.
Yep, I am pretty sure that she has no "V". So she does most likely have a 6 then. If it is true that she does have a 6, it'll be the 1st 6 I have ever worked on. I have only worked on V8's...
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Close call there Jackie!! Maybe the lady took it out for a ride late last night when you drove by and she was out for a cruse. lol!

Keep a close eye on it Jackie.. Did you happen to notice if it was an automatic or stick?

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:49 pm

No Brian, I believe it was just my eyes playing tricks on me that night. Cause when I went there in the morning, the car was still there in the same position, including her flat tires, and also including the Idaho license plate dating back to the '60's or '70's.
So I don't think she has moved in quite a long time... Starting to make me wonder if the lady was telling the truth or not when the lady told me that the car does run and drive... Sad
And I sure am keeping a close eye on her Brian. Smile With what happened that night, even though it turned out just to be my eyes playing tricks on me, still it really made me aware on how fast she could be gone... Shocked

I believe I have figured out that she is a 6 cylinder because of the lack of the "V" emblem. So I am not sure what came original in these cars... This is where I need the help of the club...
So when you have a 6 cylinder, what tranny came with it? An automatic or manual? Or was it an option to have either one?
I didn't look inside the car because the windows are difficult to actually see into. Windows are milky white with age, about the same condition as Christine's when Arnie bought her.
I didn't open the door cause there would be a LOT of stuff I would have to move out of the way to do that...
More reason why I don't think she was gone that night. A LOT of stuff to move outta the way just to get the car out, and mysteriously place all of the stuff in the exact same place it was before? Yeah, I don't think she was gone that night...
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Maybe the car drives itself late at night!  Shocked

But Jackie as far as I know I think you could get an automatic or a stick with the flat six.  Chris would know more if he chimes in. Smile

It sure sounds like the car isn't all rusted out though which is a very good thing Smile

You must think about this car a lot huh?

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Yeah, maybe she does drive herself late at night! :Evil Laugh: Cause it was late at night on that night when my eyes were playing tricks on me thinking she wasn't there... Cause still, I could have swore that she wasn't there that night. Cause with the headlights on, I didn't see the figure of the '58 sitting there. Or the shadow from a car sitting there either...
It sure has me wondering...
Uh oh, SHE IS CHRISTINE! :Evil Laugh: Would explain her being gone and then coming back to the same position as she was earlier... Very Happy 

Well, if you could get either, I am hoping she has the pushbutton automatic. Very Happy 

Yep- I am very happy that she don't have rust as far as I can tell. Very Happy 

And yes Brian, I do think about her an awful lot. Very Happy 
I don't know what it is about this car, but something just tells me that there is something special about her. I don't know how to explain it... Maybe the best way to explain it is that maybe she is more related to Christine than I ever realized...
But seriously, something inside me just tells me that there is something special about her. Something that just tells me that she has to be mine... Very Happy 
Maybe it's cause she's the 1st car that I have had my heart set on owning since I was young and now I finally have the chance to own her... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Ha Ha Jackie if your thinking about it a lot its because you have been up close and got the Christine bug! Its one thing to look at pictures, But when you actually look up close and touch one of these type of cars its a different story. And even more when its a car you are looking to buy! Smile

Let the sleepless nights begin! LOL Very Happy

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:09 pm

Yep, that is probably the case Brian. Smile I can't wait 'til she's mine! Very Happy

And you're right Brian. It is totally a different story when seeing these cars in person when looking to buy. Very Happy 

And yes, there will be a LOT of sleepless nights in front of me until she is mine.
I had a real bad sleepless night when I thought that she was gone. I can't even describe it how relieved I am that she is still there. Very Happy 

Oh, and an update on the car. I went to see her............... again.
The old license plate on her- I am pretty sure now that it is from 1968.
So if it is indeed from '68, that means she's been off the road for 47 years. Wow, that's a long
time...  Shocked
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:29 pm

Wow I would say so. That's probably why the car isn't all rusted out. But if its been under a car port type thing then that makes a huge difference also. If this had been sitting in some field for 47 years and it was a wet damp field there would be very little left of the car. Most of the underside would be gone! I wish we had pictures of this beauty. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Most likely right Brian. I am glad that I haven't found rust on her yet. Smile 
And yes- the car is under a carport. Smile 

And this is only my guess here, but, considering that I haven't found rust yet and also considering the license plate from '68, I am guessing that maybe she is an Idaho car (meaning the car has been in Idaho for her whole life).
Why I am taking the no rust into consideration of being an Idaho car is because from what I have seen living in Idaho, cars don't rust too badly here. Even when a car is left in a field for a long time...
How I know this is because with my dad's '67 Chevy Chevelle, when my dad bought it in '94, the car was left in a field for a long time. This car is also an Idaho car and has been in Idaho forever. There was no rust at all to be found on this car.

I am sorry I haven't taken photos of the '58 yet... I just need my dad to let me use his camera (I don't have my own) so I can take photos of her.
And now I have finally told my dad that I love these cars a LOT, and that I am planning on buying this one. So my dad finally understands now too. Very Happy 
So I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to have my dad let me borrow his camera so I can take photos of the '58... Smile 

I will go take the photos as soon as possible. Smile So what photos would you like me to take of the '58?
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Well Jackie, This sounds very promising about cars in Idaho. I would take pictures you feel are important. Im sure once you get there you will be snap happy anyway so im sure you will cover all the basics for sure. Not only are the pictures fun to share but they also will give you a chance to study the pictures more yourself. How many times have you visited this lady? She isn't starting to think your crazy is she? Razz

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:59 pm

I have actually went by the car a lot of times- like walking by on the sidewalk to look at the car (not trespassing).
But I have only talked to the lady once. The old lady is not too friendly to talk to...

So I am hoping I won't get in trouble walking by on the sidewalk taking photos of the car. I also hope I don't look too suspicious either...
So on the same note, I won't be able to get too close to the car to take photos... But there is an alleyway going by right next to the car so I can get at least that close to the car...

But I can tell you this- as soon as I do buy the car, I will take a LOT of photos then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:24 am

No worries there Jackie. Im sure once you have the car you will be very good at pictures! Smile Im sure doing a walk by down the alley taking a few pics is fine but I wouldn't get to much crazier then that. You don't want to upset the lady at all. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Yep- also I am planning to get my own camera when I get the car, so I will be taking a lot of photos of my car. My car, my camera. Very Happy 

Yeah, so I will most likely be just taking photos of the car when I go down the alleyway. At least it will give you a good idea of what the car looks like... Smile 

Yeah, and that is the last thing I want to do is to upset the lady. I sure don't want the lady to get all upset, and then I lost out on my chance of owning the car. Sad
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:19 pm

So I found this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Why I posted it not because I am interested because it is a '57.
But why I did post it is because it has a flathead 6, I believe like mine. And this one has a pushbutton tranny.
So now we know- it was indeed an option to have a flathead 6 with a pushbutton tranny. At least that was the case in '57, I would only guess it was the same story in '58 as well. Smile 

And that makes me happy to have found this out. Because I am hoping mine has a pushbutton tranny. Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffb
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 pm

Yes, push button auto was available with the 6 cylinder in both 57 and 58. So was the manual 3 speed and manual with overdrive...
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Ok, thanks for letting me know Jeff. Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffb
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Your welcome!
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:24 pm

So I went to see the '58 today. And found out a few bad things today while looking at her... Sad 

I don't know what I am supposed to call it, but I will try to explain what I am talking about. The metal under the rear bumper. The rear lower valance? As you can see, I don't know what to call it...

But anyhow, from what it looks like to me is that someone at one time was towing something heavy with the car or pulling the car backwards because the rear lower valance is all twisted and pulled out.

Also another thing I am not too happy about I found out on my car today... Sad 
Either someone decided to vandalize my car or Christine decided to get hungry and started to eat herself.
What I found out is the passenger side taillight is completely busted. Sad 
And I know for a fact, it was NOT busted a couple days ago when I went to see her last. I know cause I am very observant, and I wouldn't overlook something like that... So someone vandalized my car and broke her taillight, or Christine got hungry...

Something weird about the taillight though... On the real Christine when Arnie bought her, I noticed that the passenger side taillight was completely busted. Just like mine... Shocked

So my little automobile accountant inside my head already added those 2 things to the list of things to buy for Christine.

And hopefully Christine doesn't get hungry again and eat another thing which will mean another thing to buy for her! Laughing
Back to top Go down
58belvedere
CCC Member
CCC Member

Beefed up 350 Golden Commando

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Jack'e You can find glo-brite tail lights for a very decent price. Even some original fair lens can ce had for $5! marc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Have Decided...   Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Thanks Marc! Smile 
So was glo-brite the original type of taillights then?
Back to top Go down

I Have Decided...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-