The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Leaving a Legacy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Leaving a Legacy   Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:26 am

We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. Psalm 78:4

Competing in a relay race demands more than speed. It requires skill and agility to pass the baton to the next runner. While most of us won't be competing in professional races, our lives still reflect a type of relay, one that involves "passing the baton" - leaving a legacy for the next generation.

Throughout their history, the ancient Israelites did not often succeed in passing a legacy of hope to their children. Instead, their legacy was filled with complaints and rebellion. They frequently failed to live up to their calling as a people set apart by God.

But before we point fingers at the Israelites, we need to examine ourselves. How like them we are! Christians have a responsibility to share the good news of who God is and what He has done for us. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

We are called to ensure each new generation knows that, through Jesus, they can be restored to the One who loves them enough to send His own Son to die for them. Don't keep the good news of Jesus Christ a secret. Leave a legacy by passing the Gospel on to the next generation.

Insight: Is there a child in your life that you can share the Gospel with this week? How about a friend or family member? Have you received Christ as your own Lord and Savior so you'll be able to share the wonderful news of the Gospel? Grab the baton securely so when the time comes, you'll be able hand it off smoothly to the next runner!

Dear Heavenly Father, Help me to be a true Christian. I want to live up to my own personal responsibility to share the good news of who You are and what You have done for us. Deep within my heart I know I am supposed to help ensure that the next generation to know that through Jesus, they can be restored to the You, who loved them enough to send His own Son to die for them. In Jesus' blessed Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Legacy   Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:57 pm

I did share the Gospel with my friends to try to get them more motivated to go to Church...
Back to top Go down

Leaving a Legacy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-