The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

What is the Gospel?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: What is the Gospel?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:36 pm

...that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Can you describe the Gospel in one sentence? Sometimes I can complicate it. I can talk about who God is and include what Jesus did and what is required of us. The essence of the Gospel which actually means "good news" can get lost in lengthy explanations too. It may get diluted by what some church denominations "believe" and cluttered by complex theology.

According to the apostle Paul, the Gospel is gloriously simple: Jesus Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and He rose from the dead, as said by the prophecies made long before His birth. That's it. That's the Gospel!

Of course, we can offer profound explanations about how Jesus died for our sins because He is God and had no sin of His own; that His resurrection proved His victory over sin, death, and the devil. The entire Bible is the unveiling of this magnificent rescue plan. But when we share the good news of Jesus with others, we must keep it simple.

That's what God did for us. He took the profound and made it as simple as a baby born in a stable, lying in a manger.

Insight: Have you ever hesitated to share the Gospel with others because you doubted your ability to explain it? Follow Paul's example and keep it simple! Time for deep discussions certainly has a place...later on, as God draws us to grow in the faith.  

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, Help me to keep Your Gospel simple, just as the apostle Paul stated in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 above...not only in my own mind and heart but on my lips too so I can effectively share it with others. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: What is the Gospel?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Good reading Bob. Smile 
Me, when I tried to explain to Gospel to my friends, I don't keep it short and simple. I talk a lot, sometimes I think too much. So as I was explaining to Gospel to my friends, I went on and on talking about it.
I just could have read the whole Bible to them and it would have most likely made more sense! Laughing
Back to top Go down

What is the Gospel?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-