The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Foolishness?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Foolishness?   Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:26 pm

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

Whether you are an occasional, frequent or faithful reader of the devotions here at the Christine Car Club, I want to ask you what you honestly think of the Bible scripture above? You may have noticed as you scroll down through the list of devotions here in the CCC Fellowship in Christ Section that there are very few replies to each devotion. Why? It's not because the devotions are not being read, as there are plenty of views on each topic. But there's certainly a reason people don't reply. Are people worried about looking foolish to others? Are people ashamed to be identifiied with Christ? If you look at threads in all the other sections of this forum about 57-58 Plymouths/Christine, there are plenty of replies from willing club members. Do topics about classic cars or Christine have any eternal value? Hmmm.  

So...is the message of the cross foolishness? Paul the apostle said it is foolishness to those who are perishing. Well, when you think about it, we're all perishing aren't we? We all certainly will die sooner or later. So is it foolishness to all of us? Absolutely not...The term "to those who are perishing" must have a spritual implication then. And it does. It means to those whose souls are headed for eternal death...in hell. To those who have not made a conscious decison to trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The message of the cross is foolishness to them!

The second half of today's scripture focuses on those who have received Christ as their Lord and Savior. The people that have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and are saved..to them the message of the cross is the power of God! Why? Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6 We are only friends with God when we trust in His Son Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross. It is by the power of God that we have been saved. That's why!

Does that mean so few are willing to comment because they are not really saved and that deep down they think the the cross is foolishness? Or perhaps they're saved but they're afraid that they will look foolish to others if they reply? Perhaps pride gets in the eay as well? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26. I'm not asking this question to see a raise of hands or to get more replies. I am asking simply for one reason: to get you to think about it and to be honest with yourself. Where you want to spend your eternal life depends on it.  

Insight: When we put our trust in Christ we no longer think any of God's messages (to us) are foolishness.

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, As a reader of your Word...here at the CCC Fellowship in Christ or anywhere else for that matter, I never want to think that Your message of the cross is foolishness. Help me to understand that when I fail to speak up or encourage others, that I may actually be helping others to think the message of the cross is foolishness. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:07 am

Well, I certainly will say that I trust in Jesus Christ! I guess we get distracted because the main reason we are here is because of our affection for Christine. When I read the devotions, I wasn't seeing them as rhetorical but rather as lessons to help us get better acquainted with God. My not commenting isn't meant to say I'm embarrassed or ashamed to call myself a Christian, I just didn't think I had anything constructive to add to what's been written. It's so easy to get tied up in the trappings of this world that we often lose sight of the things that really matter, but at least we can be reminded by reading the devotions here, so thank you Mr. Bob for your continued postings. Smile

Chris.

Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:45 am

Y'all know me. Ashamed? NEVER. I'm with Chris to some degree, as Bob has a gift for writing. Not only do you make your point Bob you do it eloquently and decisively. My College English professor would have liked you! She was a British WWII bride who was a cross between Margaret Thatcher and Gammy Num Nums if you can imagine that! Smile

My biggest problem is that I often feel I've let Jesus down. Since reading the devotions I've learned that I am an imperfect human being and I fully accept that. Still, When you fall short of God's will and Christ's plan you sometimes feel unworthy of posting. Hope that makes sense.

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:55 am

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
Y'all know me. Ashamed? NEVER. I'm with Chris to some degree, as Bob has a gift for writing. Not only do you make your point Bob you do it eloquently and decisively. My College English professor would have liked you! She was a British WWII bride who was a cross between Margaret Thatcher and Gammy Num Nums if you can imagine that! Smile

My biggest problem is that I often feel I've let Jesus down. Since reading the devotions I've learned that I am an imperfect human being and I fully accept that. Still, When you fall short of God's will and Christ's plan you sometimes feel unworthy of posting. Hope that makes sense.

Well said Wayne, you hit the nail on the head! Smile

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Guys...As previously mentioned I wasn't looking for a show of hands or trying to point any fingers. I was just trying to raise an awareness of how the message of the cross is foolishness to those who don't know God (those who are perishing), but to us who are saved, it is the power of God! So...to us who ARE saved...I'm just trying to encourage some fellowship around here. The Bible Study did not do too much to help that unfortunately. But still...I'm very grateful for the power of God and for the way God's Word is being read around here. If I can incite some fellowship (through replies) that would be an extra blessing to all who read...whether they realize it right away or not! I realize that most folks are here to read about 57-58 Plymouths, Christine and nothing more. Perhaps by accident they'll stumble on to this fellowship, which is something that's much more important. The way I figure...the more people get involved, the more likely that is to happen. That is my prayer and my motive.

God bless you all...

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:09 pm

We've learned so much from your efforts here Bob. I can attest to the fact that it's reaching people. I am a testament to that. I didn't even know about or contemplate "presumptuous sin" until I read your message. Now, every time I'm tempted It comes to mind. I wonder who else can say the impact is real? I'm sure there are many! Smile Sorry to get off track here. Just feels like something that needed to be said! Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:06 am

Bob, I just want to let you know that you are doing fantastic work here. I must have read this a few times and I wasn't sure if it was a question you were asking or awareness you wanted to bring to light.
 Make no mistake Bob others here do read and appreciate your work here. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:56 am

I appreciate all your thanks...but remember...please remember...Never do I want the attention. I always want the focus to be on the Lord, His Word and reaching others for His sake. Remember the cross...the verticle portion (up and down) symbolizes our relationship with God the Father (He's up in heaven and we're down here) the horizontal portion (left to right) symbolizes our relationship with fellow man (we're both on the same level all in need of salvation). If the verticle is healthy, the horizontal will be healthy too...We always need to point others to Jesus Christ...Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

Just trying to promote fellowship in Christ folks...all to His glory.

Bob

Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Amen to that. cheers
I didn't know that the Holy Cross had a hidden meaning behind it to the way that it is shaped... Good for me to learn of this though, I guess you would call it as it makes me more of a Christian to learn more about the Bible and the Holy Scriptures. Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Foolishness?   Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:38 pm

The world views Christianity in general foolishness, not just the message of the cross. Not much seems to have changed from when Paul wrote Corinthians. It wasn't always that way... but just turn on the news now and watch the sneers from the talking heads and the so-called progressives' mockery of anyone who professes Christ. It is shocking how fast our culture is changing and turning against Christ. Sorry to be the downer but it just goes to show this stuff is nothing new.

It is inspirational to see Christ's love and wisdom in a faithful, humble brother like Bob. Rock on, Mr. Bob. Your motivations are true and you are a blessing to us here.

Foolishness?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-