The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:00 pm

These are some tough parts but I'm in desperate need. I have a 2 door hardtop and need both L & R door glass stops that mount inside the door at the top directly below the vent windows. I also need both Quarter Glass supports & mounts with the glass guides for both sides that screw to them. Any help is most appreciated! NYBOB

RED arrow shows one door glass stop.

BLUE arrow shows Quarter Glass Support Mount.

GREEN arrow shows what the glass guides look like

This picture shows the location of the quarter glass support itself mounted vertically...

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Wish I could help you buddy...I take it you've tried Big M, Johnny G, Jeff Nichols? Think the Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler 2 door hardtops would have the same parts?

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:18 pm

I PM'd John. He's my only real hope I think although Joe (Jag) may be able to bail me out temporarily. I'm thinking I could borrow his door stops and have 2 sets fabricated. One for me and one for him out of respect for lending them out. Keeping my fingers crossed that John can be a miracle worker Bob! Smile I have no idea whether other models would be the same. Sad

57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:50 am

Wayne, are these the parts you were looking for but couldn't locate? I know the 2 door ht in the willmar yard still has it's quarter glass and door windows but they've cranked down for years, I don't know if one could get to the parts in question. But there is a 59 out there as well.

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:57 am

That would be a life saver Chris. How far is the yard from you? As for the 59 I don't know if they will interchange.

Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you quicker, Wayne, but I did find these parts. I have to travel to northeastern Washington Tuesday to get a car, so I probably won't be back until Friday.

---John

Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
That would be a life saver Chris. How far is the yard from you? As for the 59 I don't know if they will interchange.

I don't get out there very often cause it's about a hundred mile trek to get to it. But Brian and I keep talking about visiting there before the snow flies. Smile

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Big M wrote:
Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you quicker, Wayne, but I did find these parts. I have to travel to northeastern Washington Tuesday to get a car, so I probably won't be back until Friday.

---John

THANK YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bannana Dance Party Cheers :worship:

Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 pm

57belv wrote:
Bloodhound1958 wrote:

I don't get out there very often cause it's about a hundred mile trek to get to it. But Brian and I keep talking about visiting there before the snow flies. Smile

Still have pictures of that car?

57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
57belv wrote:
Bloodhound1958 wrote:

Still have pictures of that car?

The 59

Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Chris, if you ever get back out that way grab that cigarette lighter housing for me please, however much you want for it, its not enough Very Happy

CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Chris, is the '58 2 door hardtop for sale? Or is it being parted out?
Is it a Belvedere? Looks like it, cause I see where the Sport-tone trim used to be.

Just wondering, cause everyone knows how the 2 door hardtops are rare... Smile
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Jackie, While im sure they would sell the car as a whole it would require a lot of work! At its current place it is being parted out. And is missing a lot of parts already. Im hoping to go with Chris sometime here and see what little goodies one might find in this salvage yard. Its been there for many years! And from what Chris has told me it is berried way back in the yard. The thing about old salvage yards is one could spend the day there and not even come close to seeing half of what they have. This is your more typical type yard. Where the cars have been there so long you might walk right by them because things have grown all around the cars. And yards like this there really is no rhyme or reason to where the cars are.  Heck one of my more favorite junk yards looks like it just rained cars. Very Happy

Brian.
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Ok, thanks for answering my question Brian. Smile 
And I do see that she does need a lot of work. I guess one would be better off finding a more solid and complete 2 door hardtop. Smile 

There's an old junkyard here as well that's been here for a long time. Pretty big junkyard too. Smile 
Link to Google Earth Street View:
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1552065,-115.6775116,3a,75y,100.79h,87.37t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVKQjE0ZiUtdf1grAIx44HQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

The junkyard, is at the most 2 miles from my house. The junkyard is outside of town right across the Interstate over the overpass, and I live on the other side of the Interstate in town.
I just have never gone there to see what's there cause my dad says the guy who owns the junkyard is pretty creepy...
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:34 pm

Ha Ha Jackie the guy that owns this really old junkyard that looks like it rained cars has long silver hair with one glass eye. When I first went to his yard just looking at him scared the heck out of me. Plus it was always hard to tell if he was looking at me or not when we were talking. One eye always seemed to drift while the other just seemed to look one direction. The first thing that came to mind was this place would make a good horror film! Kinda scary really. But he was a really decent guy. Had parts for just about everything and prices were cheap. But you were on your own to take them off.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Yeah, that does sound kinda scary Brian.
And I do see why you say it looks like it has "rained cars". I see that the '58 is sitting on top of another car, and I see more cars in the background that are sitting on top of other cars.

But what I meant by saying that my dad says the guy who owns the junkyard here is pretty creepy is that this guy is pretty creepy to actually deal with. Like this guy is pretty creepy to actually do business with.
That is what my dad says. I haven't actually met this guy, so I don't know what this guy looks like.
But my dad says that this is a good place to stay away from since this guy who owns it is pretty creepy to do business with.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Well Jackie if your dad says the guy is sketchy then its best to stay away. LOL. And the junkyard that I was talking about isn't the one with the Plymouth in it. Its another one. The one with the Plymouth is like a walk through the park compared to the one im talking about! Razz

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Well Jackie if your dad says the guy is sketchy then its best to stay away. LOL. And the junkyard that I was talking about isn't the one with the Plymouth in it. Its another one. The one with the Plymouth is like a walk through the park compared to the one im talking about! Razz

Brian.

Yeah, you're right Brian- it is best to stay away from this junkyard since the guy's sketchy. Smile 
Oh, I thought that was the junkyard that you were talking about with the Plymouth in it since it does look like it's raining cars in this one too with the '58 being on top of another car and then more stacked up cars in the background. Makes it look like it's raining cars with cars being stacked up like that... Smile 

You have too many junkyards there Brian! Laughing Razz

Here, I only have this one that's close by. Sad There is another one, but it's more of a car recycling place since they just crush cars there. Sad Car crushers make me sad... Sad
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Jackie there use to be a lot of old yards like that around here. There was a really big yard not far from me. But he retired and crushed everything he had! Sad A lot of good stuff got crushed! Plus yards these days are getting a lot of pressure from the environmentalists..Laws are forcing them out of business. Make no mistake they rather us not fix up an old car because they so call pollute the environment.

Carlos I know what you mean of being in tight spots. Seems like all the parts I ever needed were not in the ideal spot. The last car I got parts off of the car was on top of two other cars and it would rock back and forth as you worked on getting your parts off. Never again would I do that one! lol. Very Happy

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 pm

Aw, that's real sad that he crushed everything he had. Sad More reason why car crushers make me sad. You can actually say that I hate car crushers. 1st time I saw what car crushers can do to cars was at the end of the movie Christine, seeing Christine crushed. Sad Ever since then, I have hated car crushers. Sad 

Yeah, I can understand why junkyards are getting pressure from the environmentalists...  
But I don't care what the environmentalists say about our old classics so called "polluting the environment". I will continue to restore these old classics and drive them daily no matter what. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Restoring or hot rodding an old car is the finest form of recycling. Why is it that environmentalists encourage recycling plastic bottles and beer cans, yet frown on making an old car fit for another lifetime of use? I just don't get it. Besides, making a new car causes more pollution and energy use then the resurrected old car could ever do.

---John

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide   Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:20 pm

That is all very true John. I 100% agree with you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

WANTED! Window Stops & Quarter Glass Support Mount/Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: For Sale/Wanted Section :: Wanted:-