The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

No Other Name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: No Other Name   Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know Me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? The words I say to you I do not speak on My own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in Me, who is doing His work. John 14:9-10

A church group invited a speaker to address their meeting. “Talk about God,” the group leader told him, “but leave out Jesus.” “Why?” the man asked, taken aback. “Well,” the leader explained, “some of our prominent members feel uncomfortable with Jesus. Just use God and we’ll be fine.” Accepting such instructions, however, was a problem for the speaker who said, “Without Jesus, I have no message.”

Something similar was asked of the followers of Jesus in the days of the early church. Local religious leaders conferred together to warn the disciples not to speak about Jesus. “What are we going to do with these men?” they asked. “Everyone living in Jerusalem knows they have performed a notable sign, and we cannot deny it. But to stop this thing from spreading any further among the people, we must warn them to speak no longer to anyone in this name.” Acts 4:16-17. But the disciples knew better. “As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard,” they said in Acts 4:20.

To claim to believe in God and not in His Son Jesus Christ is a contradiction in terms. In John 10:30, Jesus clearly describes the unique relationship between Himself and God: “I and the Father are one”—thus establishing His deity. That is why He could say, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in Me. John 14:1. The Apostle, Paul knew that Jesus is the very nature of God and equal with God. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: Philippians 2:6.

Insight: The name of Jesus is at the heart of our faith and our only hope. We never should shy away from the name of Jesus, for “salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved”. Acts 4:12

Reader's Prayer: Jesus, You are God. Thank You for showing Yourself to me in the Bible and in my heart. You have done so much for me. Help me to share with others what I know of You and have experienced of You. In Your Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: No Other Name   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:27 pm

At one time, I did not know of this that Jesus actually is God. But now I do know better. Smile 
Why I did not know that Jesus is actually the one and only God is because of a misunderstanding on my part in my local Church.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: No Other Name   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:28 pm

What sort of church group would want to omit Jesus? Did they belong to a synagogue? or a mosque?

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: No Other Name   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:46 am

Jackie...Chris...The mainstream Protestant churches have been getting radically "watered down" over the years to the point of one not even knowing what it takes to be saved  by God's grace anymore. Not to point any fingers, but you can't get a salvation message in a Catholic church either. Instead it's most always, "be a good person" so God will bless you. I could go on and on about it. The spirit of anti-Christ was around in the apostle's day and today, even though it's subtle it's spreading at an alarming rate.

Read your Bible folks...and find a church where people walk into Sunday service with their Bible in their hands.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: No Other Name   Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:15 pm

That's very sad about that happening to the Church's. Sad
Back to top Go down

No Other Name

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-