The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

» Converting 350 to Electronic Ignition..
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am by Bloodhound1958

» New christine lp
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am by goat19642004

» What will work with a 440?
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 pm by 57belv

» Christine's exhaust sound?
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm by eva_392

» New Front Brake Drums (11x2)
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm by eva_392

» 350 golden commando distributor
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 am by 58belvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

I Got a Job

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: I Got a Job   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:17 pm

So I got a job today. Smile 
It really sucks though... Sad 
So I am on call at 8am 7 days a week, just to see if I work that day or not. Sad Then if I don't have to work, I have to be on stand-by waiting for a phone call if I get called to work later in the day. Sad 

It really sucks cause it feels like I don't have a life now. Sad Being on call all the time 7 days a week makes it feel that I don't have time to relax and go do fun activities anymore. Sad 

Also it sucks cause it isn't a fun job or nor do I get paid much either. Sad 
It is maid service in the local hotel, Hotel Thunderbird.
And no, not Ford Thunderbird either.
I get paid the absolute minimum wage. Sad 

So I don't know how much longer I can take this job. 1st day is tomorrow, and I already hate the job. :Marc : Sad

I am still looking for other work that is better than this... Smile 

So it still might be a while before I can buy the '58 Savoy for $2,000. Sad 

Right now, I wish I could just win the lottery or something so that I would never have to work. Also, if that happened, I could buy the '58 tomorrow, or even today! Very Happy It doesn't hurt to hope, and dream. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Well Im not sure if I should say congratulations or not? lol. You just got a job and you haven't even worked a day yet and you hate it already?? :affraid:

But I will say it anyway!! Congrats on your new job! Very Happy

Every little bit will help you get closer to your 58!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Yes, I do hate the job already Brian.
Sounds kind of funny, I know, since I haven't even worked 1 day yet, but already I can tell I won't like this job.
I start working tomorrow.
I have to be on call just to see if I work that day or not. Have to call in the morning at 8, then on stand-by mode for the rest of the day to see if I get called in to work later.
If I do work, I get paid minimum wage.
Also, it's a maid job in a hotel- I have to clean 3 rooms in 1 hour. It has to be a good job too, not a rush/hurry job. :affraid:

Also, I forgot to mention- the boss isn't too friendly or nice... He's a grump, also kind of hard to understand him too... Sad 
So I went to the job interview (also got hired) earlier today.
To start off things in a real nice way (not)with the boss when I arrive...
Before I go into the hotel's office  (not really the main office, more of the less the hotel's lobby), I ring the door bell. No answer. Then I knock. Still no answer. Door was unlocked so I decided to go in and wait. Then Mr. Boss comes out and is all mad that I didn't wait outside.. Sad (And it's cold outside too, it was 40 today.)
So I arrive a couple minutes early cause I didn't know how long it would take me to get there, and guess what? The boss is all mad that I arrived a couple minutes early!
So I said I was sorry, I didn't know how long it would take me to get here, and he's still mad. Sad 

Thanks for the congratulations on the new job Brian. Smile This is my 1st job, and I don't want to screw it up. Smile 
Also, it is super difficult to get a job in this small town. Sad So I think I will be stuck with this job for a while until something better shows up and I get hired on. Sad 

And yep- every little bit does help to get me closer to my '58. Very Happy 
Just I wish it could've been a better job starting out... But that's just the way it goes I guess in this town... Sad
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:21 pm

Well congrats on the new job anyway Jackie, truth be told I don't think many people really like their jobs. Everyone has to start somewhere (unless your parents are rich and you never have to work) and with the job market the way it is I guess your lucky to find something. Just remember, it's for a good cause!

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Thanks Chris. Smile 
Yeah, you're most likely right Chris. A lot of people probably don't like their jobs. And I can see why- the bosses make you work hard, the bosses don't want to give away "free" money to someone that isn't working hard for it.

And no, my parents are definitely not rich. I actually live with my dad, since my parents are divorced...

Yeah, I guess I am lucky to actually find something. Just I do still wish it could've been a better job with a more set schedule...

Yeah, it is for a good cause- as soon as I get paid $2,000 I can buy the '58! Very Happy Yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:17 am

Jackie, Just keep a chin up and a good attitude. Smile You will find in life not all people may come off nice. And yes it can even be worse when it comes to a boss. Just give it a try and see how things go. And always remember keep your eye open for something better. You just never know what might pop up!
Good luck! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:56 am

Yeah just as Brian said, stick with this until you can find something better. Smile

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:14 am

Congratulations Jackie...Yes, Congratulations! Keep a good attitude knowing that it is not your permanent job but look for the good Lord to teach you something valuable through it.

You'll always remember your first job...Smile

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Sorry folks, I quit.
I did appreciate your words of encouragement though on the matter. Very Happy 
It's just that I had to- the place turned out to be super weird and sketchy...I also got real bad vibes about this place... If you know what I mean...
The place was just super weird and sketchy... I just really didn't feel at all comfortable working there, at all (the bad vibes).
I knew there was something really weird and sketchy about this place from the start. It's why I said I already dislike this place...

Again, it's just a really weird and sketchy place. If you could just see this place, you would agree with me right off. It even looks weird and sketchy just driving by- all run down looking...
When I told my dad about it when he arrived home from his job later in the day- he agreed with me that I should quit.
My dad saw how weird and sketchy this place was about 15 years ago, my dad just didn't know that it was the same way now. But obviously, it is the same as it was 15 years ago.

I honestly don't even know why I chose to apply for this job. Sure- I knew how weird/sketchy it looked driving by, and I also got real bad vibes about this place.
But I was like- ok, I shouldn't "judge a book by it's cover" and maybe it isn't all that bad as it looks. But this is one place that you should "judge the book by it's cover". Just plain and simple- it's a real weird and sketchy place.

But not all places are like this one. Smile Like this is probably the only place in this town that's weird and sketchy... I am still actively looking for work cause I am still unemployed. Something good will turn up, it's got to, only just a matter of time. Smile
And I am trusting in the Lord that He guides me in the right direction and helps me to find a good, decent, honest job. I've got to trust in Him now. He is the Way, The Truth, And the Life.  NYBOB
Back to top Go down
58belvedere
CCC Member
CCC Member

Beefed up 350 Golden Commando

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Jackie:  What do you like to do?  A job doesn't feel like a job when you are having fun of enjoy what you are doing.  I work on jets.  I learned in the U.S.A.F.,  And kept it up by getting my A&P in '96 or so.  Now I work on Army jets!  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Well, Marc, I like to work on my classic cars, but I don't know if I could do that on a day-to-day basis cause I feel that I don't have enough experience to do so. Also working on someone else's car that is strange to me would also be a struggle.
Back to top Go down
318Fins
Administrator
Administrator

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Jackie eventually youll find something that suits you, when I was young I went through a gazillion jobs, some real sucky some not so bad but the pay wasnt there.
Eventually You will find something your comfortable doing ,I was lucky to have learned a trade early on then learned more trades as time went on
Just keep an open mind and a positive attitude .
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement Carlos. Smile
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:20 pm

I think I know what I want to do as a life-long career now. Very Happy 
Back when I was in high school, and even further schools back from just high school, I was seriously considering about being a Veterinarian (animal doctor) as my life-long career. Why is cause I love animals.
Why I quit on the idea is cause after I graduated high school in the Spring of 2015, I was pretty much burned out on school and going to College.
I am planning as starting out as a Vet Assistant and then go on from there. Smile 

Why is cause I don't want to be stuck working at a job that sucks for the rest of my life. Sad 
I'd much rather do a job that I like doing instead of a job that I hate doing. Very Happy 
Also, I can thank Marc for opening my eyes to this. Very Happy What you said Marc: "A job doesn't feel like a job when you are having fun and enjoy what you are doing".
That was all very true what you said Marc. Very Happy 
Me, working as a Vet, I would enjoy doing that and it would also be fun for me too. Very Happy 
So I at least know what I will be doing as my Career now. I actually feel happy again knowing that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Good for you Jackie! Smile My friend is a Veterinarian and she loves it! Shes a vet for a zoo. Smile And Jackie don't be discouraged many people change there profession a few times in life before they hit the right one that suits them.

So never no worries! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:45 pm

Thanks Brian. Smile 
I don't have a zoo in this town- got one in Boise, but I don't want to commute the 45 miles back and forth to work.
Also, I want to be a Vet for family pets. Smile 
Not animals in a zoo that may have not been fed yet and would think I might taste good and eat me while I am taking care of them.  :affraid: Laughing 

I have actually wanted to be a Vet for a long time now. Ever since I can remember- I believe I was very young. Like when you're young and you dream about what you want to be when you grow up. Smile
And I got the ambition to be a Vet again. Smile
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:05 pm

Ha Ha good point Jackie. Last time I was at the zoo I thought I seen that tiger look at me kinda funny while it was licking its chops! I think it was looking for a snack! :affraid:

Good idea! stick with house pets! Very Happy

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: I Got a Job   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Oh No! Bad tiger! :affraid:
Yeah, I am afraid of anything that can eat me, including tigers. :affraid:

Funny though, the tiger was my high school mascot. Laughing 

A little bit beside the point, but still along the lines of things that can eat me.
We have this mountain lion hanging up inside our house in the living room, and I was afraid of it for a while when we 1st got it, especially since it looks like it wants to eat you when you look at it cause it has it's mouth open, showing it's teeth. It's a real mountain lion too.
If you are wondering how we got it, we got it when my Grandparents sadly passed away a few years ago. My Grandpa shot it when he was in the mountains, if he hadn't shot it, it would've killed him instead. Sad So he was forced to shoot it...

So yes Brian, I am going to stick with house pets. I love house pets. Very Happy 
I own a couple of house pets here, a very fat house cat (he is very fat, he's 25 pounds, I weighed him). I also got a small Chihuahua-type dog.
The cat is actually bigger than the dog! Laughing
Back to top Go down

I Got a Job

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-