The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Message of Humility

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Message of Humility   Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Philippians 2:5-8

The Sea of Galilee is beautiful and is surrounded with biblical history. There and in nearby towns, Jesus chose fishermen to follow Him. Jesus used parables to teach about the kingdom of God, His Father. In Galilee, He performed miracles, healed the sick, walked on water and calmed a violent storm. But Galilee was also an area that was looked down on by many Jews.

Isaiah 9:1 is a prophetic verse in which God promises to honor Galilee. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isaiah+9%3A1&version=NIV To devout Jews this didn’t make sense. The people of Galilee were considered poor, uneducated, and unclean. Why, then, would God honor Galilee and not Jerusalem, the center of Jewish worship?

God did not need fanfare to redeem us. Choosing for the Savior to arrive on the earth in the lowliness of a smelly Bethlehem stable and layed in a manger (which was feeding trough for animals). Could there have been a more humble way for Mary’s miracle baby to arrive? When God sent His Son, we saw the full scope of His love through Jesus’ humility. Only true humility would empty Himself of all that was rightfully His, teach us how to live to please God, heal the sick, wash His disciples’ feet, hang on the cross for the sin of a thief next to Him. And only true humility would do that for you and me too.

Insight: Jesus our humble King would be born in a most humble way, live in a most humble place and die on a most humble cross. Is it surprising then...what God's Word states in James 4:6? ...God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Readers prayer: Dear God, Thank you for showing us the message of humility...through the life of Your Son, Jesus. Please help me to be humble and live a life that is pleasing to You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Message of Humility   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Amen.
God is good and performs many miracles. Very Happy 

Just today, God has helped me.
A couple days ago, I was kind of depressed because I was wondering what I was going to do as a career and what I was going to do with the rest of my life. Sad
So I prayed to God that He may help me out through this rough stage in my life.
And, He did. Very Happy Thank you Lord. Very Happy  cheers
He helped show me the way on what I should do for a life-long career.
I love pets, so a Veterinarian is a good choice for me. That's what I am going to do as my life-long career. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Message of Humility

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-