The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed 21 Jun 2017 - 1:38 by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 21:20 by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 23:14 by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon 29 May 2017 - 23:52 by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon 29 May 2017 - 7:12 by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat 27 May 2017 - 8:37 by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun 21 May 2017 - 8:45 by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon 15 May 2017 - 14:06 by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun 14 May 2017 - 18:57 by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun 14 May 2017 - 18:51 by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Healthy Ingredients

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Healthy Ingredients   Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 13:07

Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of evil. Avoid it, do not travel on it; Turn away from it and pass on. For they do not sleep unless they have done evil; And their sleep is taken away unless they make someone fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is like darkness; They do not know what makes them stumble. My son, give attention to My words; Incline your ear to My sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, and put perverse lips far from you. Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil. Proverbs 4:14-27

When it comes to buying healthy and nutritious food, my wife, Debbie is a careful shopper. No matter how attractive the packaging looks, she always checks the list of ingredients on the back of the box. Lots of difficult-to-pronounce words usually announce the presence of preservatives that work against good nutrition. She always puts those items back on the shelf and continues to look for labels with lists of natural food products that contribute to good health.

I’ve often thought that her shopping habits are a lot like what God is looking for in our lives: It’s what’s on the inside that counts, regardless of how attractive the outside might be. It’s no wonder that the wisdom-teller of Proverbs warns us to guard what goes into our hearts. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23. Wearing the right fashions and keeping ourselves looking young are of little importance if our hearts harbor deceipt, greed, hatred, grumpiness, perversity, resentments, self-pity, and other counter-productive contents.

So, ask yourself: When others get past the packaging of my life, do they experience a heart full of healthy, Christ-honoring ingredients? By putting in grace, kindness, patience, and compassion, we’ll reflect the wonderful nature of Jesus Christ, our Teacher, Savior and Lord.

Insight: The contents in your heart are more important than your outer packaging.

Reader's Prayer: Dear Lord, teach me to value my heart more than the externals. Grant me the wisdom to cultivate internal ingredients that will make my heart a wellspring of living water that leads to eternal life...to those whom I come in contact with today. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Healthy Ingredients

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-