The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

A Resolution That Matters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: A Resolution That Matters   Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:15 pm

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. Psalm 91:1-2

Years ago I always attempted to make New Year's resolutions after the 1st of the new year. Most all of them have failed. However, one that has lasted beyond January is my goal to have a closer daily walk with Jesus Christ. And year after year, this resolution increases in priority.

Jesus has brought us to Himself and invites us to follow Him. Moreover, He calls us to abide in Him. I love how this is described in John 15:1-8 where Jesus tells us to remain or abide continually in Him. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in Me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples."

In abiding, I will have an awareness of His presence, knowing He is near. I will have His influence in my life issues through prayer and His Word. I will know enjoyment with Him as my Savior and friend. I can be His personal Ambassador in an extremely needy world.

Will I fail to keep this resolution as with all the others that have faded over time? No doubt, I will. But God, who is my refuge and my fortress will never let me go or fail in His great resolve to redeem me from my sin and walk beside me each day of the year.

Insight: Look forward to His joy as we walk the hills and the valleys of the New Year with Him.

Dear Lord, As Your child saved by the blood of Jesus, help me to abide in You because more than anything else, I want You to remain in me. I want to bear much fruit to show others I am Your disciple all for Your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: A Resolution That Matters   Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:18 pm

I wish I had come up with a resolution like this one Bob.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: A Resolution That Matters   Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:44 am

57belv wrote:
I wish I had come up with a resolution like this one Bob.

It most certainly isn't too late Chris. Our loving Creator is outside our time domain anyways. A New Year's resolution is only in our human time-frame. Talk to God any time, any place. The Lord is always waiting for us to make a move to get closer to Him. That's why I thought it would be a good idea to post this devotion...as encouragement. You know...to get people thinking...to make them realize time is short. When we die, our opportunities to get saved and to grow closer to Him are over. Just remember though...the only way to Father is through the Son. (John 14:6)

Thanks for your comment Chris...it's an encouragement for others...more than you'll ever know...

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: A Resolution That Matters   Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 pm

That is a very nice New Year's resolution of yours Bob. And a very good one too. Very Happy 

I have been trying to get closer to God myself. Now more than ever. Right after Christmas, I caught a very bad sickness. It was so bad, it actually felt as if I might be dying, that as if God was calling me home to Heaven. Right then, I made the decision that I must, and need, to get closer to God. I realized right then how short our time on Earth really is. And I knew that now I must get closer to God so that I know I will have an everlasting life with God in Heaven. So that is my New Year's resolution as well- to get closer to God.

I am not at all trying to "copy" you Bob. It is just that I feel it is the right thing for me to do as my New Year's resolution this year, as for my reasons as I just pointed out above.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: A Resolution That Matters   Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:24 pm

I'm glad you are feeling better Jackie...I too had a terrible cold/flu before and into Christmas. Here's a scripture verse that explains how God works. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28. You felt the need to grow closer to God because He was working for the good in you. He knows you love Him and His Son, Jesus so He's drawing you closer through all things, in this case, even bad things (your sickness).

Remember how He brought you back to good health...That alone should make you (and everyone of us) grow closer to Him.

Bob

Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: A Resolution That Matters   Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks Bob. I am glad I am feeling better too. I feel 100% better now than what I did when I had the sickness.
And yes, I am truly growing closer to Him. Smile
Back to top Go down

A Resolution That Matters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-