The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Yesterday at 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Converting '58 Tailights to '57 Tailights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Converting '58 Tailights to '57 Tailights   Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:55 am

furvedere wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
Bob, Do you miss your gold Belvy? She is a beauty! Smile

Brian.

You know Brian...as time goes on, I'd have to say yes...along with many of the others too. Actually, I missed my 68 Dodge Monaco 500...(almost right away). Natural human behavior dictates this though. If I always put it into perspective though and remember the promises of God's Word...it isn't so bad. Like this verse is good one in this case.

Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. 1 Timothy 6:17

He gave me those classics for a time...to enjoy. He brings others in their place....but the real prize is when I go home to be with Him...forever.

Bob

Very very well said Bob! And very true. We need to be thankful for things that we have or have had and to share them with others. And stay focused on the real prize! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
58belvedere
CCC Member
CCC Member

Beefed up 350 Golden Commando

PostSubject: Re: Converting '58 Tailights to '57 Tailights   Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:20 am

Jackie: If you want the full effect of the '57 tail lights, there are some stainless steel inner fin trim pieces that will be needed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191778604578?item=191778604578&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

There is also a strip that runs under the trunk lid lip. Marc.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Converting '58 Tailights to '57 Tailights   Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:23 pm

furvedere wrote:
That was my gold Belvy...sold her in 2013. She looks better now that I haven't seen her in a few years. I wouldn't worry about cutting a few holes. They're just to allow for the bulbs to come through into the trunk...wiring wouldn't be a big deal either. I'm sure your dad could help you do that. With the work I see he's been doing, that would be a snap!

Bob

Your gold Belvy looks real nice Bob. Too bad you sold her. Sad 

Alright, I guess no need to worry about cutting a few holes, or the wiring then. Smile
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Converting '58 Tailights to '57 Tailights   Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:42 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Bob, Do you miss your gold Belvy? She is a beauty! Smile  I agree with Bob Jackie. If you want 57 taillights you go ahead and do them. Remember a hack job is only done by hackers. I don't think you or your dad are that. Smile  Just get the car first and decide from there. Im sure there will be other things you may want to attend to first before the taillights anyways. So it will give you plenty of time to think it over.

Brian.

Yes, I do want '57 taillights. I guess I should stop worrying about the cutting of holes and the wiring; I am good with cars so it shouldn't be no problem. Smile 
No Brian, I'm not no hacker, and neither is my dad. My dad is great with cars, and I picked up on it with how to work on cars and do a great job on it, from my dad. Smile 
And probably for the cutting of the holes, I will want a professional auto body person to do that work for me. They have the required correct tools and know how with how to make all of the correct cuts on cars.
I'm not saying that I couldn't do it because I probably could make a good attempt at it; it's because I don't have a good metal cutter to do that work correctly, and also I am not the world's greatest person on making perfectly round circles and especially cutting them. They would come out looking like squares, ovals, etc., everything except a perfectly round circle like how I want it to be! lol!

Yep, 1st things 1st is getting the car. Very Happy And yep, it is very possible that other issues I may want to tackle before I start converting the taillights. That's just the way it goes with working on an old car... Like for example; I would want to get her up and running so I can drive her before I start in with the body work (includes the taillights). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Converting '58 Tailights to '57 Tailights   Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:52 pm

58belvedere wrote:
Jackie:  If you want the full effect of the '57 tail lights, there are some stainless steel inner fin trim pieces that will be needed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191778604578?item=191778604578&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

There is also a strip that runs under the trunk lid lip.  Marc.

Yes, I do want the full effect of the '57 taillights. So I will need this trim as well. Thank you Marc. Smile
Back to top Go down

Converting '58 Tailights to '57 Tailights

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Christine Car Club Tech Section :: Body, Interior & Exterior Trim & Paint:-