The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

» Converting 350 to Electronic Ignition..
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am by Bloodhound1958

» New christine lp
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am by goat19642004

» What will work with a 440?
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 pm by 57belv

» Christine's exhaust sound?
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm by eva_392

» New Front Brake Drums (11x2)
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm by eva_392

» 350 golden commando distributor
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 am by 58belvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:47 pm

We went for a nice drive today, had lunch, visited a nice little (mainly) Mopar junkyard and then to the local Cold Storage building on Railroad Ave. It was sunny, cold (in the 20's) and the roads were nice and dry. This should be it now until April because a good amount of snow is now in the forecast. It's been a good run!...but it's finally time to say goodnight to Green Christine.  Crying or Very sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:20 pm

Man, what a day! A really cool way to spend one of the last functional days this winter! She's looking quite lovely by the way.... Those wide whites set her off for sure!

Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Man, January 11 and you've still got the car on the road! Green Christine sure is photogenic! Very Happy

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Fantastic Bob! You take some really nice photos. I thought I saw a few mopars in the back ground. You looking for your motor and tranny combo? Any luck yet? Smile

The Green Christine sure looks might nice! Wink

Brian.
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 pm

It sure looks like you had a fun day Bob! Green Christine looks great and beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the nice photos! It makes me want to get out the cars and go cruising! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:38 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Fantastic Bob!  You take some really nice photos. I thought I saw a few mopars in the back ground. You looking for your motor and tranny combo? Any luck yet? Smile

Brian.

Thanks Brian...did you notice that black 62 Imperial over in the corner? I called the guy as he has his phone number posted out front in the garage window, but no call back yet. I have a feeling he's one of those guys that has big plans for all his stuff...if you know what I mean. They're never willing to sell anything but instead...let everything rust into the ground.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Debbie and I had a great day today. I'm really glad we could take advantage of the good weather...and that car really runs great in the cold! I've always noticed that about all my old Mopars.

And everything turns white tomorrow!

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:00 am

furvedere wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
Fantastic Bob!  You take some really nice photos. I thought I saw a few mopars in the back ground. You looking for your motor and tranny combo? Any luck yet? Smile

Brian.

Thanks Brian...did you notice that black 62 Imperial over in the corner? I called the guy as he has his phone number posted out front in the garage window, but no call back yet. I have a feeling he's one of those guys that has big plans for all his stuff...if you know what I mean. They're never willing to sell anything but instead...let everything rust into the ground.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Debbie and I had a great day today. I'm really glad we could take advantage of the good weather...and that car really runs great in the cold! I've always noticed that about all my old Mopars.

And everything turns white tomorrow!

Bob
Im glad you and Debbie had a nice day today. Smile I thought that was a 62 Imperial Bob. That baby might be holding exactly what your looking for! I hope he calls you back.

Good luck my friend!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:34 pm

looks like a great ride you two had. you were right about the weather changing, its snowing hard right now :affraid:

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:09 pm

Hey Brian...The guy that owns these junk Mopars texted me back tonight...saying that all the cars/parts are for sale. Let's hope and pray this 62 Imp. has a good motor and tranny in it!

Bob

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Bob, I will say a prayer for you here too! Smile

Good luck my friend! This maybe just what you are looking for.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:05 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Bob, I will say a prayer for you here too! Smile Good luck my friend! This maybe just what you are looking for.
Brian.

Thanks Brian, The guy just called me back...He was not the typical gruff, miserable junkyard dog that I've run into so many times around here. He wasn't the typical "I've got gold here" guy either...that has lofty visions of restoring everything he owns.

So that's obviously very good news! He said I could go over there and take a closer look at anything I may want/need there too. So, I'll go over and lift the hood, take some photos and share them with you guys!

Most likely, I would think there's a 413 under that hood and hopefully it has the 62 transmission I need too. He also said it looked all original, was running a year (or so) ago and was in a barn for 10 years before that...owned by a guy that wanted to restore it but lost interest.

There's what I think is a 60 Imp. sitting there too. Also visible in the photos above. Perhaps that would be a good candidate too? Any and all thoughts may well educate me guys. Thanks.

I'll start a new thread with the photos I take of the car.

Bob

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Cool Bob, the 60 would be a good candidate as well but it would have the cast iron transmission, but that wouldn't require changing the tranny mount.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:50 pm

57belv wrote:
Cool Bob, the 60 would be a good candidate as well but it would have the cast iron transmission, but that wouldn't require changing the tranny mount.

Thanks Chris...so even though Green Christine is a small block car, the 60 Imperial's Big block tranny would fit right in without any modification to the tranny mount? That would be convenient.

Right now, since there's a 64 small block/tranny in Green Christine, I have noticed a non-original steel plate underneath holding the tranny in place.

From the information I have gathered, the advantage of "upgrading" to an aluminum trans. (like the 62 Imp. would have), is that they're easier to get parts for and more affordable to get rebuilt. Sound right?

Thanks for that info. Chris...I'm still gathering valuable information. Hopefully when the right donor car comes along it will be very obvious for me to pull the trigger.

Bob

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:05 pm

i would like to add that the aluminum transmission will also be a lot lighter

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY   Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:51 pm

Bob,  Like Chris said the 60 does have the cast iron transmission. Which would of been a direct blot in application for your car. But if your cross member under your transmission has already been modified to accept the newer aluminum casting transmission I would go that route for sure. The aluminum torqueflite is the primo transmission over the older cast iron version. First off the aluminum torqueflite is about 50-60 lbs lighter (like Joe mentioned), it is a stronger transmission over the cast iron version, and the aluminum version you can get rebuilt much much cheaper. Parts are easily available for the aluminum torqueflite. I think the way your car is set up now it would make a very good candidate for the 62 style torqueflite. Wink  

If there is one thing Chris and myself have talked about the most over the phone is this subject. Theres a lot of here say out there with very little documentation.  So one really wont know until we jump in and actually do the conversion.  Another note, I think the reason for them to move the transmission mount closer forward on the aluminum tourqflite is for the simple fact of strength. If they would have kept it in the same location as on the cast iron version I could easily see the tail of the transmission housing fracture/crack under extreme torque. By them moving it forward a bit in the casting it grabs more of the main body of the transmission. But of course that's my 2 cents on that! Wink

Brian.
Back to top Go down

Not your typical drive on Jan. 11th in upstate NY

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-