The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Religion vs. Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Religion vs. Christianity   Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:14 pm

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.  Ephesians 2:8-9

A famous theologian and writer is credited with saying that Christianity is unique among all other religions because it is the only faith where salvation is a free gift and is not based on the believer's merit. Think how devastating it would be to not be certain that the god in whom you put your trust can or will actually save you. Imagine the stress of always wondering, "Am I good enough? Did I do enough to earn salvation?"

That's what the song "Amazing Grace is all about! What amazing grace that God, the Creator of the universe, the world and all that is in it, the Author of our Christian faith has made a space in our hearts the shape and size that only He can fill and redeem. Only He sent His perfect and holy Son in the person of Jesus Christ to be the complete sacrifice for our sins. We don't have to wonder. We who believe in the atoning blood of Jesus Christ can be confident that we are saved.

Good works? Of course. But they do not earn our entrance into glory. We serve God with our good works out of gratitude for the salvation He's already given us...and for the heavenly home He has promised us.

So what would you say if you were asked, "When you die do you know if you'll go to heaven?" So many people I've asked this question immediately say "Well...I've been a good person, so I think He'll let me in?" This is the wrong way to be thinking and it's foundation is on a religion. Let's answer this question with authority and say "yes, I know I'll go to heaven because Jesus died for me and for the forgiveness of my sins!" This is the right way to be thinking and it's foundation is on true Christianity.

Insight: Religion is man reaching up to God and (trying) to do for himself what only God can do. Christianity is God reaching down to man and doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves.

Reader's Prayer: Dearest Lord God, Thank you for the truth found in this hymn by Eliza Hewitt c. 1891: I need no other argument, I need no other plea. It is enough that Jesus died... and that He died for me. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Religion vs. Christianity   Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:21 pm

What if we don't feel worthy, I feel arrogant in saying that I will definitely go to Heaven because Jesus
died for my sins. I have total faith in God but not so much in my own worthiness.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Religion vs. Christianity   Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:13 pm

57belv wrote:
What if we don't feel worthy, I feel arrogant in saying that I will definitely go to Heaven because Jesus  
died for my sins. I have total faith in God but not so much in my own worthiness.

Excellent question Chris! None of us are worthy. Not one! And that's exactly why Jesus came. We needed to be saved from our unworthiness...our sins. Another word for our sinfulness is depravity. We are all depraved in our thoughts and our deeds.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

When you say "I know I'm going to heaven because Jesus died for my sins." you are not only admitting you're a sinner but you're also confessing that Jesus paid the price for your sins. That is an excellent witness for Christ to a very lost world, that you are one of His! You never need to feel arrogant about a humble act like that. Arrogance is trusting in ourselves to be good enough to get to heaven on our own. Humility is admitting we can't do it alone and need Him and His provision (Christ).

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23.

God wants you to be assured of your salvation. If you believe that Christ died for your sins believe also that He promises you everlasting life in heaven with Him! Think about what your confidence in this fact tells others. If you don't have this assurance you're just like any other unsaved person walking around unsure of where they will go after they die. God wants you to be confident in all He has promised you and for you to share it with others just like I'm sharing with you right now.

Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5: 12-13

Notice the end of that scripture..."so that you may know you have eternal life."

Thanks Chris for stepping out in faith to ask an excellent question. It helps others to come to know Christ too. Be blessed in knowing that God's salvation plan is the only way to heaven. If we believe God, do our best to follow Him and grow in His love, we will grow closer to Him everyday. This alone will give us an assurance of our faith and of His promises. I can't say it enough how important it is to spend time alone with the Lord...reading His Word and talking to Him. You will grow in His love, doubts will disappear and assurance of your salvation will flood your soul.

Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:19-23

Believe His promises Chris  Very Happy  

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Religion vs. Christianity   Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Thanks Bob! And thanks be to God!

Religion vs. Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-