The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

» Frame metal thickness?
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm by RacerRick

» Wise Stewards
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket Issues Amongst Other Things
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm by ChristineFury

» Car Crazy?
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:21 am by goat19642004

» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:12 pm

"Forward Look" cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube. I think that is what these shows are called, "Will It Run?", on YouTube, or that's what I call them anyhow.
Very funny shows to watch how these guys try to get these cars up and running. Laughing

'57 Plymouth Plaza. Part 1 of 3.

'57 Plymouth Plaza. Part 2 of 3.

'57 Plymouth Plaza. Part 3 of 3.

'57 Dodge Regent.

'58 Plymouth Savoy.

'58 Plymouth Savoy.

'58 Dodge Mayfair.

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 am

Those are fun Kera...never knew these were out there. Thanks for posting!

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:43 am

Cool!!

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Thank you, Bob, and John. And you're welcome for me posting the videos here too. I enjoy watching these videos, how these guys try all these different methods to get these cars running. Quite funny to watch. These guys have a whole long series of these type of videos on YouTube of all different types of cars. I just picked out the Forward Look cars and posted them here because those are the cars I'm most interested in. Smile
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:46 am

furvedere wrote:

Bob

Ooops...Sorry for mixing you up with Kera. Doh! Let's try that again....

Those are fun Jackie...never knew these were out there. Thanks for posting!

Also...very enjoyable and informative too.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
goat19642004
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

493 C.I.

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:54 pm

looks like fun. Thanks for posting.

1970 GTO Judge
2015 Challenger HELLCAT
2004 SRT 10 Viper
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Nice post Jackie! Smile Ive watched a lot of there videos. "cold war motors". These guys are very funny and they do have an interesting way of bringing them back to life. But it just shows you how fun it can be. And how they go about doing it. It amazes me how bad some of these cars are. But once they clean them up and get them running they really don't look to shabby. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:39 pm

furvedere wrote:
furvedere wrote:

Bob

Ooops...Sorry for mixing you up with Kera. Doh! Let's try that again....

Those are fun Jackie...never knew these were out there. Thanks for posting!

Also...very enjoyable and informative too.

Bob

It's all good Bob! I know that everyone's human, everyone makes mistakes one time or another. I have made mistakes before too, everybody has. That's why I didn't say anything about you mixing me up with Kera. I know what you meant. Smile 
And yep, you're welcome again. Quite funny to watch how these guys try to get these cars running. Laughing Sometimes I wonder if how they're trying to get these cars running is even safe! I saw that on the black/white '57 Plaza when they were trying to get it running by towing it, there was actually a good amount of flames shooting out of the engine! I didn't know flathead 6's (engine in the '57 Plaza) could be so stubborn to get running... I guess the same story goes with any engine; all are stubborn to get running again after sitting for a while. Shocked
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:42 pm

goat19642004 wrote:
looks like fun. Thanks for posting.  

You're welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:53 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Nice post Jackie! Smile  Ive watched a lot of there videos. "cold war motors". These guys are very funny and they do have an interesting way of bringing them back to life. But it just shows you how fun it can be. And how they go about doing it. It amazes me how bad some of these cars are. But once they clean them up and get them running they really don't look to shabby. Smile

Brian.

You're welcome Brian. Thanks for the real name of the series of videos, cause I didn't know it. I was just guessing it was called "Will It Run?", or that's the name I gave it. Yes, these guys are very funny indeed. Funny to see how exactly they try to get the motor running as well. I've noticed that on almost all of the cars they have fuel going into the carb from a soda bottle. First thing that came into my mind when I saw that was IV drip from the cars being in a hospital. And when the cars are running, I still don't think I would trust them as being road worthy. Smile
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:29 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
Nice post Jackie! Smile  Ive watched a lot of there videos. "cold war motors". These guys are very funny and they do have an interesting way of bringing them back to life. But it just shows you how fun it can be. And how they go about doing it. It amazes me how bad some of these cars are. But once they clean them up and get them running they really don't look to shabby. Smile

Brian.

You're welcome Brian. Thanks for the real name of the series of videos, cause I didn't know it. I was just guessing it was called "Will It Run?", or that's the name I gave it. Yes, these guys are very funny indeed. Funny to see how exactly they try to get the motor running as well. I've noticed that on almost all of the cars they have fuel going into the carb from a soda bottle. First thing that came into my mind when I saw that was IV drip from the cars being in a hospital. And when the cars are running, I still don't think I would trust them as being road worthy. Smile

Exactly Jackie, I would agree that some of there cars they get aren't what we would call road worthy. Im sure there are many things that would need attention before one could go cruising down the road. But I think there angle on this whole thing of "will it run" is just that. They find these diamonds in the ruff and then do what little they have to, to get them running. That is where they find the enjoyment with all of this. Im not sure what happens to these cars after. If they sell them or continue to fix them up more down the road. But there are a few they do put a lot more time and money into. So they do have the ability to do a great job. Smile Im always watching a video of theres. I just find them funny and interesting. And there dog Stella or Stell for short seems to enjoy test driving in them! LOL Very Happy

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube    Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 pm

You're right Brian. I think all these guys are doing is just to see if they can get it running, cause if you notice after they do get it running a "It's a Runner!" pops up momentarily on the screen. Adding to that; to get the cars running as cheaply as possible. I kind of have a good idea of what happens to these cars afterwards; if you notice in the background in the videos, you will notice that these guys have their own mini junkyard or collection of cars and I have noticed cars from previous videos in there as well. I think they may fix up the cars cause I noticed on one, that there was work done to it. Like bodywork done to it, in primer now when it wasn't before. I like their dog, Stella, too. The video I liked the best was the '57 Plaza one, they saved that car from a junkyard on it's way to, sadly, being crusher material. Then the car proved to be very stubborn to get running, even though it was a flathead 6 which I thought was interesting. Also these videos can be informative too. Smile
Back to top Go down

Forward Look cars on "Will It Run?" videos on YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-