The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

» Converting 350 to Electronic Ignition..
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am by Bloodhound1958

» New christine lp
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am by goat19642004

» What will work with a 440?
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 pm by 57belv

» Christine's exhaust sound?
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm by eva_392

» New Front Brake Drums (11x2)
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm by eva_392

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Hands down one of the greatest movies ever made. Having been a WWII buff since I was 8, I can't say enough about this movie and how well it's made. Ken Watanabe commands a MASSIVE screen presence. Reminds me of an Asian Christopher Lee. I haven't had the pleasure of watching The Last Samurai uninterrupted so that will be going on the list of TO BE WATCHED for sure!

This portrayal of the absolute and unfailing fanatical Imperial Japanese Soldier goes into a detail rarely portrayed in a way we can understand and offers a unique insight for anyone looking to expand their knowledge of WWII. This movie is a tremendous eye opener. It takes an otherwise vicious battle of the Pacific War and makes it human. Did I mention it's subtitled in English?

To think...we bitch and complain about petty nonsense in our lives. I wonder if our modern day youth and society could rise to such a life and death challenge like these men did. My heart says yes but my common sense says no. Time will tell...

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA   Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 pm

I can't say that I have seen this movie before. Looks like a good movie. I watch war movies every now and then. A WW2 TV series I am now hooked on is the Combat! TV show. It's a good show. It's old, yes. I watch a lot of old movies and TV shows. Smile
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA   Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:

Hands down one of the greatest movies ever made. Having been a WWII buff since I was 8, I can't say enough about this movie and how well it's made. Ken Watanabe commands a MASSIVE screen presence. Reminds me of an Asian Christopher Lee. I haven't had the pleasure of watching The Last Samurai uninterrupted so that will be going on the list of TO BE WATCHED for sure!

This portrayal of the absolute and unfailing fanatical Imperial Japanese Soldier goes into a detail rarely portrayed in a way we can understand and offers a unique insight for anyone looking to expand their knowledge of WWII. This movie is a tremendous eye opener. It takes an otherwise vicious battle of the Pacific War and makes it human. Did I mention it's subtitled in English?

To think...we bitch and complain about petty nonsense in our lives. I wonder if our modern day youth and society could rise to such a life and death challenge like these men did. My heart says yes but my common sense says no. Time will tell...
Totally agree with you on this film Wayne, Iv'e seen it in the original subtitled version and the english dubbed and I actually prefer the subtitles. It really is hard to imagine one self in a situation like the ones that those involved in the war had to endure. Your so right about the petty nonsense we get so worked up about that pale in comparison to the events that transpired or are transpiring now in other places.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA   Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:00 pm

I'll have to check this one out. I'm very interested in the facts of this war too. After watching many documentaries on WWII, it's quite obvious that it was such a widespread, horrific war and that it affected millions of people around the globe. The horrors that the rest of the world endured are unimaginable but for some reason our homeland was spared. Does that mean we can forget the lesson history has for us? Hmmm.

Yet today, we give those days little thought if any. This war left such widespread destruction, such unspeakable heartache, personal sacrifice and enormous challenges, it obviously left permanent impressions on that generation. I believe these impressions provided positive changes in people's character, pure motives and a general concern for others welfare (over "self" as we have today). To say "war is awful" is an understatement...but it's a fact that good godly character is developed through perseverance such as this.

The generations from the WWII era are almost gone now and look what we're left with today.

Shocked  Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA   Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Well said Bob. When I think about how deeply rooted the Greatest Generation was in Christ I'm ashamed of what we have now. Sad

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA   Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
Well said Bob. When I think about how deeply rooted the Greatest Generation was in Christ I'm ashamed of what we have now. Sad
It's maddening to think of the sacrifices made to preserve this country and the ideals it stands (or at least stood for) Now it seems those values and ideals are being chucked out the window in the name of tolerance and inclusion, (aka, progressiveness). Hey I'm all for treating people fairly but that doesn't mean I wan't to throw away the culture I grew up with.

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA   Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:09 pm

True. I believe we still outnumber them. We just don't throw our conservative beliefs in everyone's faces and force feed our views down everyone's throat through TV, radio and social media. Speaks volumes for those who control these mediums. Where you find the rich you find corruption and sin. Money is after all the root of all evil is it not? Of course with money comes power and we all know mankind's track record is in that regard.

Back to top Go down

Bloodhound's Movie Review.. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-