The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Can't Take It Back

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Can't Take It Back   Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:18 pm

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

I heard my wife on the phone, obviously very upset once again...trying to figure out why our prescription drug company was charging us an exorbitant amount of money for what they originally said would be "a zero copay" for a certain presciption of mine. And this was right after dozens of frustrating phone calls about another prescription of mine. We have had nothing but trouble with this new insurance company. We now couldn't believe a word from any of the customer service reps we talked to. This was the last straw! I called the insurance man that sold us this awful coverage and gave him a piece of my mind. I didn't hold back in telling him exactly what I thought of him and his company for selling us this terrible prescription coverage. As soon as I did this, my wife who had been on the phone with 5 different customer service reps for nearly an hour, told me..."it's all been resolved." I immediately felt bad for calling my insurance salesman and especially for what I said to him. First I apologized to God and then to him. Yes, even though my wife and I have been repeatedly mistreated and had to endure extremely inept customer service, I still should have been patient instead of spouting off to my insurance man. I couldn't take my actions back.

Many of the Proverbs challenge us to think about how to respond when people get in the way of our plans. There’s the one that says, “Fools show their annoyance at once.” Proverbs 12:16. And “It is to one’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.” Proverbs 20:3. Then there’s this one that goes straight to the heart: “Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.” Proverbs 29:11.

Growing in patience and kindness seems pretty difficult sometimes. But the apostle Paul says it is the work of God, the “fruit of the Spirit” (Galatians 5:22-23). As we cooperate with Him and depend on Him, He produces that fruit in us. Please change us, Lord.

Insight: Ready for the fruit of the Spirit in your life? Cooperate and depend on God. Walk the road of life with Jesus.

Reader's Prayer: Make me a gentle person, Lord. One who doesn’t quickly react in frustration to every annoyance that comes my way. Give me a spirit of self-control and patience. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Can't Take It Back   Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:30 pm

I've been quite the fool for sure! Thanks for posting this Bob. I've been so quick to show my annoyance time and again and I will ask God to help me with that. Amen!

Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Can't Take It Back   Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:50 pm

This is an awesome post Bob. So true in every way. I've had this happen and I've also been able to stop it by simply thinking of Christ in the midst of a heated discussion. It's amazing when you do that. Things calm right down and often come to a peaceful close. Thanks for sharing! Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com

Can't Take It Back

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-