The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Letting One of the Cars Go

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Letting One of the Cars Go   Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:57 pm

So I decided to sell one of the cars now. Selling the '72 VW Bug. Kinda of a hard decision because it's been in the family for a long time since my grandma bought it brand new in '72 and it got passed down to us when she passed. But why I do want to sell is because that I'm not a fan of non-American cars, not by a long shot. The cars I do really like is good old American iron land yachts of the '50s. So it's probably best in the long run that it goes up for sale so that may someone buy it who is a fan of these cars, and someone who will actually care for the car more. Smile  And another reason to sell is because we got a notice from the city that we can't park cars on the grass, parking is only allowed on the driveway. Sad What sucks is this place only has 2 parking spots in the driveway, and we have currently 5 cars. See the problem there? So I had to move all of the cars around and some had to go in storage. I hope that this is only temporary. I  don't like it having some of the cars away being parked at Darnell's Garage. Laughing What I'm planning is when I get enough money I plan to buy a new place out in the country and have a nice big shop built to put all the cars in. Very Happy 
Posted the car on Craigslist.
https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5448372111.html

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Wunderbar! Ich liebe das Auto des Volkes! Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Sorry Wayne, I don't speak German. I'm quarter German cause my grandma was 100% German so you'd think I would know German, but I don't. Sad
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Boy, I don't know, I think I'd have a hard time letting the bug go being that it was your grandmothers and it looks to be in great shape.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:30 pm

Chris, now you're making me have 2nd thoughts about selling the car! Yeah, somedays I do want to sell it, and then somedays I don't. It's just, I don't know, im not really a fan of these cars, you know?
And speaking about it being in great shape- it is. This is actually a pristine example of a true survivor car. My grandma kept it in the best condition as possible. Right down to the paint being original too. Only thing that is not original is the tires and wheels. Also the convertible top has been replaced. Real funny story why the top has been replaced though-as the story has been told to me, when my dad was a boy he borrowed his mom's car and went out target shooting with his .22 rifle along with his buddies. Well, he was leaning on the roof aiming at a target at close range, he shot, didn't hit the desired target, but instead hit the Bug's roof! Left a nice hole in it too. That was back in the late 70s.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Well, now I am in the mood where I don't want to sell the Bug. I just went out to look at it, and reflecting on all of the family memories with it, it makes me think "what in the world are you thinking right now where you want to sell this car!?"
And it actually can be a fun little car when it gets nicer and you put the top down since its a convertible... But it has a 4 cylinder so its not a hot rod by any stretch of imagination. And I thought the 6 cylinders were bad... LOL! The Bug has a 4 on the floor though. Alright- that sounds downright hilarious right there, a 4 speed with a 4 cylinder! LOL! I thought 4 on the floors were only intended for 8 cylinder hot rods! LOL! Laughing Hee! Hee!
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:05 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Well, now I am in the mood where I don't want to sell the Bug. I just went out to look at it, and reflecting on all of the family memories with it, it makes me think "what in the world are you thinking right now where you want to sell this car!?"
And it actually can be a fun little car when it gets nicer and you put the top down since its a convertible... But it has a 4 cylinder so its not a hot rod by any stretch of imagination. And I thought the 6 cylinders were bad... LOL! The Bug has a 4 on the floor though. Alright- that sounds downright hilarious right there, a 4 speed with a 4 cylinder! LOL! I thought 4 on the floors were only intended for 8 cylinder hot rods! LOL! Laughing Hee! Hee!

Well, I hope you ponder on keeping the bug for a while Jackie since it is a part of the family! As for four speeds, I had a 69 MGB for a time which was a four cylinder four speed manual with an overdrive, it went okay since it was a small car. All of my cars that had manual transmissions were small displacement ones. Can you lay paver blocks to create a hardened parking space?

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:10 pm

I would keep the BUG! To much family history there. Plus your grandma bought it new! That in its self is very very rare. Remember Jackie memories cant be bought or replaced. Once gone its gone. You actually have something that your grandma bought and drove. And im sure she thought the world of it. You can tell by how good of shape it is in. If anything that car is the one that should be in a garage. Wink

Save the BUG..Save and enjoy the memories.

Just my two cents! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:20 am

DevilsRide wrote:
I would keep the BUG! To much family history there. Plus your grandma bought it new! That in its self is very very rare. Remember Jackie memories cant be bought or replaced. Once gone its gone. You actually have something that your grandma bought and drove. And im sure she thought the world of it. You can tell by how good of shape it is in. If anything that car is the one that should be in a garage. Wink

Just my two cents! Smile

Brian.
Very true!

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:45 pm

57belv wrote:
1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:

Well, I hope you ponder on keeping the bug for a while Jackie since it is a part of the family! As for four speeds, I had a 69 MGB for a time which was a four cylinder four speed manual with an overdrive, it went okay since it was a small car. All of my cars that had manual transmissions were small displacement ones. Can you lay paver blocks to create a hardened parking space?

Yeah, I do think I want to keep the Bug now. Smile Can I change the title of this tread to NOT letting one of the cars go? Laughing I still think it's real funny how the car has a 4 speed/4 cylinder, because in my mind I picture 4 speeds for 8 cylinder hot rods. Laughing I read in the Mtn. Home newspaper yesterday and the city had an article about city codes and everything and they also defined  what a "hard surface" was to park cars off the street. So anyhow, I can park the Bug there legally if I either put down gravel, pavers, or have it concreted. Smile
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:04 pm

DevilsRide wrote:

Just my two cents! Smile

Brian.

Yeah, I do want to keep the Bug now Brian. Smile And yes you're very right, there is a lot of family history tied in with that car. I really don't know what I was thinking when I said I wanted to sell it... And it really is a cute little car. And it also gets the best MPG's of any other car around here. Smile Speaking about putting the Bug in a garage, I plan to keep all of the cars in a garage in the future. I'm planning on moving to the country and having a nice big shop built to put all of the cars in. Also a lot nicer to work on the cars in a garage. And when I say a big shop, I mean like a 7 car garage. Very Happy We currently have 5 cars. And I was planning on getting 2 more in the future (Christines), hopefully I will still be able to get the '58 Savoy and after that a '57 or '58 2 dr ht. Very Happy But until then, the Bug will be just fine. One thing real nice about Idaho is it's a dry climate here (cars don't rust out quickly). In other words, Idaho isn't part of the 'rust belt". Wink
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Jackie, If you don't have to sell it I wouldn't. It seems once we sell things that have memories tied to them like that we always regret it later. Its a cute little Bug. And is in marvelous shape. Here in Minnesota you would be hard pressed to find one in that condition. The rust here has done its damage. Sending many cars to there doom! No

Enjoy that little car! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Letting One of the Cars Go   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Yeah, I actually have no need at all to sell the car Brian, so I am not going to sell the Bug now. Be a stupid decision to sell it cause of all the family memories with it, and I know for sure that I'd regret it later. And yep, I do enjoy the car. Fun that its a convertible and you can put the top down and go cruising. Too bad about how rust exists in some places and then others not so much. Here, it is actually rare to find a Idaho car that is eaten up by rust. Dry weather here. But the dry weather has its bad side too, you get bad wildfires here.
Back to top Go down

Letting One of the Cars Go

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Members Rides, Restorations & Pictures :: Members Rides :: Imports all Years, Makes & Models-