The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Jesus Over Everything

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Jesus Over Everything   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:20 pm

He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. Colossians 1:17

When I wake up in the morning and my first action of the day is to sit down and read God's Word with a few moments of prayer before and after, my day almost always goes very well and I make conscious decisions to please God. When I wake up and skip this precious time with God, I am prone to walk in my own strength rather in God's strength. I am prone to making poor decisions rather than decisions that line up with God's Word. This simple action illustrates a deeper truth: Jesus deserves first place over everything in our lives.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him. Collossians 1:15-16. Jesus is supreme over all creation. And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy. Collossians 1:18. He is “the head of the body, the church”  Because of this, He should have first place in all things.

When we give Jesus the highest place of honor in each area of our lives, this truth becomes visible to those around us. At work, we will labor first for God and in turn our employer will naturally be pleased each day. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, Collosians 3:23

As Christians, God’s standards must show up in the way we treat others. We must strive to put Him first as we live our lives and pursue our favorite pastimes. Remember: Jesus deserves the best of our time, energy, and affection.

Insight: When Jesus has the greatest influence in our life, He will have His rightful place in our hearts. How can you put God first in your life today?

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, You deserve the best of my time, energy, and affection. Please help me to make You King of my heart and Lord over everything I do. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Jesus Over Everything   Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:39 pm

Amen to that! I wish I could say the same about myself... I guess it just shows that I am not as strong as Christian that I believed myself to be, or would like to be. I just hope that God isn't ashamed of me.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Jesus Over Everything   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:44 pm

Jackie, God is not a shamed of you by any means. He is not looking for perfection. Well at least that is MO of course. He knows we are going to stumble in life. What he watches for is do we recognize our short falls and do we do anything to correct them in a positive Christian way. Our faith and belief in Him is our guidance. We all need to do better Jackie. We need to put our trust in him and believe in him with all our heart. Not just for 15 minutes a day but for all our lives. I do not pretend to be a perfect or good Catholic. I feel that is wrong for myself to do. Because there is always room for improvement and understanding of how great He really is.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Jesus Over Everything   Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Well said Brian...Not one of us will ever reach perfection here on earth but the Lord knows our hearts perfectly...and He is faithful and just to forgive us when we ask Him for forgiveness. He knows those who want to do His will and He helps them along the way. Do everything unto the Lord and walk closely with Him. He smiles upon and blesses a faithful servant and cheerful giver.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Jesus Over Everything   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:02 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Jackie, God is not a shamed of you by any means. He is not looking for perfection. Well at least that is MO of course. He knows we are going to stumble in life. What he watches for is do we recognize our short falls and do we do anything to correct them in a positive Christian way. Our faith and belief in Him is our guidance. We all need to do better Jackie. We need to put our trust in him and believe in him with all our heart. Not just for 15 minutes a day but for all our lives. I do not pretend to be a perfect or good Catholic. I feel that is wrong for myself to do. Because there is always room for improvement and understanding of how great He really is.

Brian.

Well, that is really good to know. And thank you too Brian. I feel a whole lot better now too. Smile
Back to top Go down

Jesus Over Everything

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-