The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Do You Value Your Soul?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Do You Value Your Soul?   Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:52 pm

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matthew 16:26; Mark. 8:36-37)

Jim Elliot said, “He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” This missionary gentleman believed what he said. He was murdered trying to teach a tribe of Quichua Indians in Ecuador. Just the opposite seems to drive the world as so many focus on gaining worldly pursuits to the neglect of their souls. Some achieve vast wealth and worldly prizes of this life, only to lose the only thing that will live beyond this life—their souls. What is this really worth in light of eternity? In today's scripture, (above) Jesus is speaking of the immeasurable value of the soul.

While the world values things, such as wealth, possessions, position, power, or worldly recognition, Jesus said, “Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth” Luke 12:15. To support this warning, Jesus presented a parable about a rich farmer. “And He told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man was very productive. And he began reasoning to himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no place to store my crops?’ Then he said, ‘this is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’ But God said to him, you fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?’ So is the man who stores up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.” Luke 12:16-21. Do you see how this runs contrary to the way our society thinks and lives? The farmer was fully convinced that his riches would fully insulate his life from hardship. The only person he thought about was himself. His focus was on his goods and God wasn’t in the equation at all. However, God said to him, “You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?”

Our life is not in our own hands, but God’s. There is nothing material or physical in nature that can keep you from dying. Every day there are funerals for people of all ages from infants to the aged. The apostle Paul said, “It is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment” (Heb. 9:27). There is absolutely no guarantee for any of us that we will still be living on the earth even tomorrow! James was correct when he said, “Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away” (James 4:13-14). The wise man confirmed this thought when he said, “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth” (Prov. 27:1).

Insight: Do you value your soul? Do you give any thought to your accountability before God? Are you laying up treasures in heaven by serving the Lord and doing His will?

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, I value my soul and I want to do Your will. I can't do it alone so please help me in Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Do You Value Your Soul?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-