The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Yesterday at 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

The King is Coming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: The King is Coming   Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:35 am

“Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.” Zecharia 9:9

I was just a little boy when I first heard the song The King Is Coming by the Bill Gaither Trio. I still recall the excitement that stirred in me every time I heard those lyrics. It’s a song that thrills my heart even today.

We celebrated Palm Sunday this past Sunday. On the day Jesus first rode into town, Jerusalem brimmed with excitement because the King was coming. The people shouted “Hosanna!” which means “God save us.” They called Him the “Son of David,” recognizing Him as the Messiah from the bloodline of King David, prophesied in the Old Testament. They waved palm branches symbolizing Jewish nationalism and victory. Luke tells us they even shouted, "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" Luke 19:38. Though the crowd’s hope grew as they moved along the street, imagine their disappointment one week later when Jesus was arrested, tried and crucified. But today we have an advantage, as we have the completed New Testament and know the rest of the story. We sing “Hosanna!” knowing that Jesus came to save us from our sins. We know the King is coming again. When He does, sin and its curse will be no more. He rules from the throne of God with righteousness for all eternity.

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever. Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place. “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.” Revelation 22:1-7.

Insight: When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the donkey, the crowds realized the King was coming. Nearly 2000 years have passed since that first Palm Sunday. Do you realize Jesus is the King...that was coming...and that He is coming again?

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, Just like the people at the first Palm Sunday who shouted Hosanna..."God save us," I want to do the same! I want to be saved and put my trust in the Jesus who died for me. And it's in my Jesus, the Son of David I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

The King is Coming

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-