The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Prayers for Jane and me, please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:27 am

The girlfriend and I are going through a rough patch. Prayers, please.

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/index.html
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:43 pm

You got it Serge...and in the mean time, let all your words and actions be pleasing to the Lord.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:09 am

Hope things make a positive turn Serge!

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:22 am

Will do, Serge.

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:33 pm

No problem Serge. May those rough patches turn into smooth times for you and your girlfriend. Hang in there. Prayers will be said.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:40 am

More prayers this morning...and every morning thus far...for you both. Hope your rough patch is getting smoother.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Jane alas has broken up with me. I'll be fine (I'll be 50 this year; it's not like I'm 19) but how annoying. A few thoughts: With the Lord there really are no shortcuts. Our post-Sixties culture really is rotten to the core. "Casual dating"/"casual sex" and weird unnatural "platonic" relationships between the sexes are connected to the same wrong understanding of sex and thus evil. Jane has male "friends" including an ex-boyfriend. To hell with that. I admit I have had sex but never casually. I am not friends with women; I court them only one at a time. I don't want to be Don Draper "playing the field"; he was a miserable drunk and cheater. Jane was ruined by years of casual dating/sex in her 20s and 30s, getting addicted to exciting bad boys as so many girls are; even though she had quasi-adopted her ex-husband's Baptist faith, the damage was done. She mistook my attempt at Christian-based (but physical too) dating for weakness, and that was that. The ex-husband was a bad boy; that she raised his kids by another woman and converted (unofficially) to his religion says it all. I don't hate her but I set my terms some time ago, when she was trying to leave with the "let's just be friends and see where it goes" line (which everybody from junior high up knows is trash): "No 1-on-1 with anybody else of the opposite sex. If you leave, you may contact me by text (her main mode), phone, or e-mail, and I will answer, but I won't contact you, and if you do not want a relationship, I will not see you."

Long story short, she misses the bad boys but can't attract them anymore (overweight from overeating due to emotional problems plus being the same age as me) so she settled for me, hated herself for it, and after a sexy month or so started acting weirdly mean to get rid of me. But I hung in there for a month longer.

Opposite-sex "friends" are of three kinds: the condescending line a woman tells losers to try to spare their feelings, maybe keeping them hanging on (as the woman's song says) as a sort of fan club and, forgive me, "emotional tampon," a shoulder to cry on when another exciting jerkboy hurts her again. Jane has one of those. Then there are some homosexual men and their women friends. Closely related to that, due to a similar disordered understanding of sex, are the jaded old male players and hardened-hearted whores trading war stories about dating and sexual conquests, the world of "Seinfeld" which I have always rejected with every fiber of my being. Jane has one of those too.

I don't know if I'll meet someone else before I check out. More than half my life is over. Sex doesn't feel like the need it seemed when I was young, but I don't want to die alone either.

Continuing prayers are appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 10, 2016 8:15 pm

I am very sorry to hear this John, but to be honest with you.. your far too cultured and religious a person to "settle". A walking mid life crisis who will NEVER be satisfied or happy is better off sent on down the road. I know women like this who are forever looking for something they will never find. That's because they are like parasites only they have yet to be classified by science as they give absolutely nothing back to their hosts symbiotically. Don't ever feel like you weren't good enough or didn't give enough. A succubus can never get its fill. It's like a black hole and eventually swallows anything and everything around it until it is completely alone.

I've loved and lost but was fortunate enough to find a good woman in College. If I ever had to "do it again" I would want someone 100% COMPATIBLE. Similar interests and the same deeply rooted faith go a long way. Have you considered joining matchmaker or a Christian singles group? You don't have to grow old alone. Just remember that our society today is a complete and total freak show ruled by the dark one. He controls the television media, social media and our law makers. Ever wonder why it is that we are suddenly questioning every societal norm that's been in place in western society since civilization began? From the ten commandments on our court house lawns to men and women sharing bathrooms? It's because the final days have begun. Stay strong in your faith and take the time to set yourself up to meet someone compatible rooted in faith. As for our society being rotten to the core I completely agree. It is a total shithole on every level. Only I think the 40's and 50's was where we peaked. The sixties is when we started our downhill spiral. The dark extreme of the women's movement has destroyed the traditional family structure, brought about the murder of unborn children and has pitted the sexes against one another. Almighty God made quite clear what he expects our roles to be as men and women. Sadly, there is no more distinguishing the two and we are all paying the price for it. Can we turn things around? I don't think so. You however can still live the way YOU want. I for one have decided to quit facebook! I will be closing my page there very soon. It is full of hate, deceit and blasphemy. It is the Devils tool and he uses it to corrupt and pollute impressionable minds on everything from sensationalized racism to never ending mindless nonsensical ethical debates no one ever wins. Stay strong and pray to the Lord to lead you into a meaningful relationship rooted in faith and Christian values. He will do this if you ask it of him. There are still good hearted righteous women out there. A bit harder to find these days but they are out there! Smile

My .02

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 10, 2016 8:37 pm

Many thanks. "Walking midlife crisis": I like that description. Never satisfied, succubus... nodding here. Thing is I thought she was one of the good ones because she was born again and talked the talk; the kind of woman you'd meet on a Christian site. (I'm Catholic forever but that's another discussion.) Scary how seemingly functional adults are really wackos. I agree about the '40s and '50s being a peak. I include the early '60s in the cultural '50s; it's what people really mean by "the '50s." (American Graffiti is set in '62.) Which is why I use the spelling "Sixties" to describe the cultural disaster that conquered Middle America from about 1968 to 1973, something I remember which has haunted me all my life.

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Serge...I'm sorry to hear this. Sounds like you worked at it pretty hard too. Hang in there and don't give up. Christian dating could certainly keep you both busy and hopeful. How about local churches? Any singles groups in some of the larger ones? That's how I met my wife 15 years ago. Now I'll be praying for you to find the right woman...

God bless...

Bob

Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 10, 2016 10:27 pm

Serge, hang in there brother. Your time will come. Sometimes God's plan is just different than our own. I can't tell you how many people I know who have walked a strange and crooked path to finally find happiness in a mate - Sometimes very later in life than the norm. They all say it was worth the wait.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Thanks, Bob. Here's the deal. I'm Catholic. As much what I am as what I do. Not super-pious but what religion I have is Catholic before 1965. (I really do live in the '50s.) So evangelical Protestant churches aren't an option. Jane goes to one occasionally; OK. (She's a lapsed Catholic.) People who love each other can disagree. At our age bearing and raising kids in a church isn't an issue. I don't expect anything socially from my parish church. There are lots of nice people but they're already paired off and are parents.

A day later Jane is still texting and calling; I credit that to my attempt at handling her like a man. Don't beg; don't apologize; don't cry; set your rules and stick to them. "I will answer you by text, etc., but if you don't want a relationship I will never see you again." Like I don't care about the outcome. That's like catnip to girls. They find whiny, clingy men repulsive. Be a man of mystery. Act like an alpha.

Thanks, Joe.

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Wed May 11, 2016 10:34 pm

Serge...I didn't mean that you should change your church or religion. Many larger churches...could be Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist or even a Community Church (non-denominational) have singles groups. They invite singles from other local churches for a Bible Study...or just basic weekly/monthly events. That's how I met my wife 15 years ago. We were in our early 40's at the time. My wife attended her own Bible church and I attended my own Baptist church. The church that held the singles group was a large Community church. We continued to be members of our own churches attending our own respective Sunday services throughout the time we were friends and through our courtship. Once we were married we eventually selected my Baptist church as our church. I just mentioned it to let you know there is a simply great way to meet other Christians, friends and/or soul mates. Call around your area churches and ask if they have a singles group for you.

Bob

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Thu May 12, 2016 12:52 am

Sorry to hear that you two have gone separate ways Serge, but hopefully this will lead to even greener pastures!

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Thu May 12, 2016 5:23 am

Thanks, guys. 10-4 on the church groups but I've never gotten dates from that sort of thing.

Progress report: Jane and I met at our usual spot, her place, last night after she called and said the real issue was she didn't have time for meeting more than once a week (we were up to four times); I said "That's it?!" Plus, she told me that evening she had an impression of me as un-handy and thus wimpy. "What?!"  (Me, here: I'm not a mechanic but I DO have a classic car, which has been a big help in courting her.) Had to put my foot down again saying if she's throwing me that "platonic" line giving losers their walking papers, I'm out of there. ("If I'm not your boyfriend, I won't see you.") So far, we seem to be together but it's fragile.

One more time: I am not friends with women (a deformed notion of the sexes since the Sixties just like casual sex and actually related to it; older generations didn't have those relationships and they were right). I court them, only one at a time. I'm not a "player" '50s guy like Ricky Nelson's "Travelin' Man" or Dion's "Wanderer" (funny; that's also the name of a conservative Catholic newspaper!); I'm more like Ward Cleaver with a dash of Desi Arnaz Latin temper (I'm one-quarter Spanish and somewhat speak the language). The stand-up guy who will love you forever and that's no line.

Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 pm

She's history but I'm fine; thanks, guys. Learned a lot.

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Out with the old in with the new. Start hittin the cruise nights with that Edsel and before you know it you'll have mo bitches than frankenstein got stitches! LOL!

Goin out to Serge on the "Drive In" screen Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jane and me, please   Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 pm

I agree! Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Jane and me, please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-