The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

» Converting 350 to Electronic Ignition..
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am by Bloodhound1958

» New christine lp
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am by goat19642004

» What will work with a 440?
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 pm by 57belv

» Christine's exhaust sound?
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm by eva_392

» New Front Brake Drums (11x2)
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm by eva_392

» 350 golden commando distributor
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 am by 58belvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Is the NADA Classic Car price guides accurate or not?
I've been referencing them for as long as I can remember to find price guides on different cars. I even price guide my own cars, just to see what they're going for. Recently, I've noticed some things that just don't seem right, or accurate, on the guides. And then some things are just way out of the ballpark... So I'm just wondering if anyone else uses these, and the opinions on them.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Jackie, I use them as "a guide"...sometimes their numbers can seem too high and sometimes they seem too low. I think they're generally too low on our FL cars though. In cases like this, I look at completed listings and rely on them much more.

Generally though, if you carefully read the descriptions of the true condition of said car, be honest and the guide usually works pretty well. I look at Collector Car Market Review online too and take an average. The more numbers you get the better it seems you can trust them especially if they agree with one anther.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Thanks Bob. Yeah, I've researched most all of the Forward Look Plymouths using this guide. Just for example, most of the lower models were just barely getting above $10k, as their said high price. And I thought, that just seems way off as too low.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:03 am

Jackie, I agree with what Bob said.. The biggest problem with that guide dealing with 57 and 58 Plymouths is they don't take in the Christine factor.. And believe me that's what shoots the price right on up! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Thanks Brian. It's funny how a movie with a car playing the lead role can have so much impact on the price of these cars, but it does. Even with the 57s, cause they can be made into a Christine as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
318Fins
Administrator
Administrator

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Agreed Jackie depending on the starting point one can spend what they are valued at in #1 or#2 condition, To me they are way undervalued .
Its been said many times but its much cheaper to buy one thats been gone through already, restorers can do a car to their taste but can easily spend far more on parts pls labor ...
I dont think its cool for an average not very rare chevy to be worth more ,just acquiring a Christine to restore should get us a medal lol....
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Agreed Carlos. Yeah, I wish the prices could be a lot more fair towards these Christines. I just don't get it, a 57 Chevy Bel Air is like not rare at all anymore since you just see so many of them every single car show you go to anymore it seems like, but the prices for them in good condition are going sky high!!! And for these Christine Plymouths, you'd be really lucky if you even saw a single Forward Look car at a car show, let alone going specific with the exact make/model/year of it. They are just so much more rare than any other car it seems like, but then according to this guide, they are the cheapest. It just makes no sense at all to me... scratch
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:01 am

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Thanks Brian. It's funny how a movie with a car playing the lead role can have so much impact on the price of these cars, but it does. Even with the 57s, cause they can be made into a Christine as well. Smile

Very true Jackie! You have come along way in your knowledge with these cars. Keep it up! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:12 am

DevilsRide wrote:

Very true Jackie! You have come along way in your knowledge with these cars. Keep it up! Smile

Brian.

Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:18 am

DevilsRide wrote:

Brian.

Thank you. Smile

Your welcome Jackie. Its good to have you here. Who knows maybe I will have to ask you for info on these cars someday! Wink

Cheers Jackie!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

DevilsRide wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

Brian.

Thank you. Smile

Your welcome Jackie. Its good to have you here. Who knows maybe I will have to ask you for info on these cars someday! Wink

Cheers Jackie!

Brian.

This is a great club Brian, so I'm happy to be here. And if it wasn't for this club I wouldn't know anything about these cars... Smile
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:29 am

DevilsRide wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

Brian.

Thank you. Smile

Cheers Jackie!

Brian.

This is a great club Brian, so I'm happy to be here. And if it wasn't for this club I wouldn't know anything about these cars... Smile

It is a great club Jackie. Yes indeed. Smile This club really makes you feel right at home.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:18 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

Brian.

Thank you. Smile

Cheers Jackie!

Brian.

It is a great club Jackie. Yes indeed. Smile  This club really makes you feel right at home.

Brian.

Very true! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

NADA Classic Car Price Guides. Accurate or Not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-