The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Saved Sinners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Saved Sinners   Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:02 am

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Romans 3:19

How many times have you heard this statement? “Churches are full of hypocrites!” While there certainly is truth to it, it also may reveal that the speaker doesn’t understand the Gospel. That statement assumes that “real” Christians are pretty much perfect, or at least should be. A more correct understanding is that every one of us, including “real” Christians, have sinned and do sin. The power of the Gospel message is that our salvation comes by grace and we live by grace through faith. We who continue to fail at some point in our behavior are simply saved sinners clearly in need of God’s grace.

Consider making a correction in the understanding of the Gospel the next time this allegation of “hypocrite” comes up (especially if you are the one who made it!). Yes, Christians are urged to grow in obedience to Christ’s commands. But that urging itself points out that none of us have “arrived” at perfection. The law nails us all so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world—hypocrites or not—is held accountable to God.

Insight: True followers of Christ are not sinless...but they should sin less as they grow closer to the One who died for them on the cross at Calvary.

Dear Lord, Help me to understand the true Gospel message...that Christ died for all of us sinners so that we can believe and receive salvation through grace, the gift of eternal life. This process of being saved does not make one perfect, but it should make sin "ugly to me"...and make me want to be like the One who was perfect. In Jesus" Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Saved Sinners

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-