The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

» Frame metal thickness?
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm by RacerRick

» Wise Stewards
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket Issues Amongst Other Things
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm by ChristineFury

» Car Crazy?
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:21 am by goat19642004

» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Back together again, and a new fan!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GOREDFURY
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 am

Last month was quite an awesome time in my life. Our little boy Maxx was born on May 5th, and a week later we got the car back together. As you can see he's a huge fan already! I've got pictures of the work we did but cant seem to get them to load yet. I've been very busy as you can imagine. I'm still fine tuning some of the trim pieces but it looks amazing. We worked our fool heads off this past winter making this car look nice again, and it gets a lot of attention, there's just nothing like it close to where i live so the people just love it. Basically we repaired and painted the right front fender, replaced/repaired/painted the left front fender, repaired and painted the front lower valance (we went with body color, I know it should have been silver on the Savoy but I love the black), repaired the radiator core support, replaced/repaired a lot of trim in the front, new set of Coker wide white walls, polished the heck out of the rest of the car, all this and a ton of mechanical work, best part of which was the valve adjustment, this thing used to sound like a cold diesel engine, now that old 230 just purrs. some people tell me i should pull that right out to replace it with a V8, nah, I think the fact that this original old flathead is in here, as far as I can tell it has never been out, and it still runs so nice, is absolutely awesome. And so on and so on, I could go on forever. Anyways things are great right now, everyone here is happy and healthy, and there's a 58' Plymouth parked in my garage, pretty amazing.
p.s. there will be more pics once i can figure out what i'm doing wrong

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"WELL SHE CAN BE FIXED UP, SHE COULD, BOY SHE COULD BE REALLY TOUGH"
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:03 pm

Congratulations on the new baby and welcome to the club! She's a beauty. I have a lot of respect for anyone who takes pride in their 58 and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. Phenominal job so far! Your not to far from me actually. Maybe 45 minutes. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Hello And welcome to the club! Congrats on your new son as well! Glad to see you've got the car up and running, she looks great! I too have the ole flathead and have been wrestling with the notion of a V8 conversion.

Chris.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Reminder: For those that attended the Hamburg show in early March, we met Brandon and his wife at that car show.  Very Happy

Great job Brandon...car looks fabulous! What a difference...before/after. Congratulations on your new baby boy too. Maxx... Very Happy...he's just beautiful...a gift from the good Lord above. Wow...you have been blessed my friend. I look forward to more photos...

God bless...

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Very nice. Smile congrats too.

What does your pc say when you try n upload pics? Maybe i can help.

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:04 am

You did an awesome job on that car Brandon! That car looks so very nice in black! Congratulations on the new baby boy too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:57 am

nice to finally see your car Brandon and congratulations on your new baby boy Very Happy

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Brandon congrats on your new baby boy! He's a heck of a trooper right there. You may need to get him a CCC t-shirt Wink Your car looks awesome! You really did turn that into a nice gem! Again congrats on your baby boy Maxx and your car! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:31 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Brandon congrats on your new baby boy! He's a heck of a trooper right there. You may need to get him a CCC t-shirt Wink  Your car looks awesome! You really did turn that into a nice gem! Again congrats on your baby boy Maxx and your car! Smile

Brian.

funny you say that Brian we actually did have some small t shirts left

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:45 am

JAG wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:
Brandon congrats on your new baby boy! He's a heck of a trooper right there. You may need to get him a CCC t-shirt Wink  Your car looks awesome! You really did turn that into a nice gem! Again congrats on your baby boy Maxx and your car! Smile

Brian.

Very cool Joe! Smile Maxx would look good in one of those! Wink

I will call you Joe soon when things settle down here a bit. We can chat it up a bit.. Hope things are well. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Back together again, and a new fan!!!   Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:51 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
JAG wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

Brian.

Very cool Joe! Smile Maxx would look good in one of those! Wink

I will call you Joe soon when things settle down here a bit. We can chat it up a bit.. Hope things are well. Smile

Brian.

that sounds great Brian, yes i am well, just trying to find time to do everything i need to do

Back together again, and a new fan!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-