The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Freedom is a Choice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Freedom is a Choice   Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:24 pm

...Choose you this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

In America, every year July 4th brings with it festivities, fun, food, family and friends, and fireworks—all as a celebration of national freedom.  But even with all the celebrating and fun, many Americans are still caught in the web of bondage on mental, emotional, relational, financial, vocational or spiritual levels.  Most often, we ourselves create the chains that bind us by making poor decisions based on sinful choices.

The longer I live, the more I realize that life is a series of choices, each choice has a consequence, and we must live with the consequences of our choices.  In order to have true freedom in your life, then, you must make wise choices based on the truth of God's Word. What will you choose?

Good over evil? Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it. Psalm 34:14 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Obedience over rebellion? The wise of heart will receive commandments, but a babbling fool will come to ruin. Proverbs 10:8 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29

Truth over deceit? Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds. Colossians 3:9 Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who deal truthfully are His delight. Proverbs 12:22

Kindness over ill will? And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3  

Every day you make hundreds of choices and these form the basis for your lifestyle. Seek God’s wisdom in all of your decisions, not the wisdom of the world, the flesh or the devil. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. James 3:17.

Insight: Take the sometimes difficult step of saying, “I’ll do it God’s way!” even though it may mean taking the difficult road. In the long run, the freedom that comes with making godly choices is definitely something to celebrate!

Reader's Prayer: Lord, I give my praise and adoration to You for the blessings You give me each day. Please help me to choose to walk Your way. In Jesus Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Freedom is a Choice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-