The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Vote On The Future Of The CCC
Stay online and keep the club intact
100%
 100% [ 9 ]
Close the Forum and disband the club on 8/22/16
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Hello Folks,

As you all know, the forum and website cost a significant amount of money to keep going and online. In the past we've had overwhelming participation and more than enough people willing to pitch in and keep the club alive and online. We are once again at the point where we need to raise sufficient funds to continue forward.

Sadly, I am not in a position to foot the bill on my own. We need to raise a minimum of $299.99 to keep the website and forum afloat for another year. Keep in mind that we have always prided ourselves by keeping the forum ad and advertisement free. We can continue to do so if we meet this minimum goal. It's time for us to come together as a true car club and decide whether or not we want to move forward and keep our long history and comeradery alive.

Please cast your vote here and let us know if you are able to contribute financially to our goal of raising the funds needed to keep us alive. You may post your pledge here or PM me privately. I'll keep a running tally here in this thread. If we do meet the goal all contributors will receive a New "Elite CCC Member" medal for their participation.

Kind Regards,
Wayne D.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:48 pm

My vote is to keep the club going. I am able to pledge $50.00

Remaining funds needed $249.99

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:47 pm

Unfortunately, I've watched the CCC turn from a Christine build site and very helpful information center into a sort of ghost town. It's now more of a place for Christine fans to stop by once in a while as far as I'm concerned. True interest in enjoying, repairing, improving and building the Christine clone has certainly declined considerably over the past few years. I've been very frustrated at the lack of help here to troubleshoot issues with my car as they arise. Because of this I'm sure I've had a deliberate part in this decline too. All of this being said, I still appreciate the dedicated few that visit regularly and post USEFUL and MEANINGFUL information. I'll have to think about it some more before I vote but I don't believe I could recommend continuing on if some true interest in THE HOBBY doesn't return. Fan club talk alone just doesn't interest me.

Thanks, Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:35 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
My vote is to keep the club going. I am able to pledge $50.00

Remaining funds needed $249.99

Well I certainly vote to keep the club going and will match your pledge Wayne.

Chris.

Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:54 pm

furvedere wrote:
Unfortunately, I've watched the CCC turn from a Christine build site and very helpful information center into a sort of ghost town. It's now more of a place for Christine fans to stop by once in a while as far as I'm concerned. True interest in enjoying, repairing, improving and building the Christine clone has certainly declined considerably over the past few years. I've been very frustrated at the lack of help here to troubleshoot issues with my car as they arise. Because of this I'm sure I've had a deliberate part in this decline too. All of this being said, I still appreciate the dedicated few that visit regularly and post USEFUL and MEANINGFUL information. I'll have to think about it some more before I vote but I don't believe I could recommend continuing on if some true interest in THE HOBBY doesn't return. Fan club talk alone just doesn't interest me.

Thanks, Bob

Must keep the faith!

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:07 am

$100.00 Pledged...

$199.99 Needed to move forward.

Back to top Go down
goat19642004
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

493 C.I.

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:08 am

I vote to keep it alive. Unlike so many other car forums out there, the members here are genuine good people! I find it so irritating when "self  proclaimed  experts" flame new members for questions that they need answers to.

What maybe mechanics 101 to some, is a legitimate question to others new in the hobby.

And Bob, I really enjoy your posts! They help me realize that there's  still good people out there!

I'll pledge $100. Thanks for all your work Wayne.  

John.

1970 GTO Judge
2015 Challenger HELLCAT
2004 SRT 10 Viper
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:44 am

Your welcome John and THANK YOU for your generous pledge of $100.00...

Total Raised $200.00

Need $99.99

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Yes, very generous John, Thank you!

Chris.

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:06 pm

That was a very generous donation John.. Smile  I don't have a penny to my name but I am damn good looking.. So whats that worth?? Razz  LOL. But on a more serious note I can pledge $50. Im a warrior! I wont go down with out a fight! Wink

This site is way to valuable to let it go down like that.. We live to fight another day!

The DevilsRide has spoken.. Go to other sites and see what you get. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Remember Long Live The CCC!! Smile

p.s.  Wayne I don't see the American Flag under my profile. I miss that!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:29 pm

Thank you for your pledge Brian! We're almost there! Smile I'll get the flag issue corrected tomorrow Brian! Smile

Total Raised $250.00

Need $49.99

Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:24 pm

I vote keep open. Maybe have a car show to raise some money. Smile

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Paufont
CCC Member
CCC Member

Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Hello,

I think it should remain open. You know... I'm from Catalonia (Spain), sadly far away from any other person that owns another car like mine, one of the little but very important things for people like me, and even more for people from the place were this car comes from USA, is that we can all meet here, we can all share our problems and solutions, experiences, etc... So we make everything easier for each other, I guess that's the purpose of a forum, and obviously, sharing this great same pasion, the '57-8 Plymouths and Christine.

I belong to several car clubs in my country and we have different forums, I own a '65 Citroen AZU, and a 1980 Citroën Dyane (which are twin cylinder boxer tiny cars) and I'm in a forum of them. I also own a '66 Seat (Spanish Fiat) 1500, and i'm also in a forum of it, I also own a '64 Citroen DS-19 and a '66 Citroen ID-19 and I'm in a forum of them, I also own a '69 Dodge Dart GT (Spanish version of the american '64) and I'm in a forum of them... (many cars, little money, thank god i'm a mechanic hahaha) But what I mean, is that all cars have forums and if people likes the hobby there's an easy way to mantain them.

As ArnieCunningham has just said in the last comment, you should do a car show, or a classic car meeting in general in the place of USA were more registered people are from at a little price, a "symbolic" price as we say here, so the forum can be mantained and it is also a way to meet and talk to all the other people that shares the same passion which is great.

As i've said, they do this in Spain, I can't go to all the shows or meetings they do because I don't always live near from where they do them but for example I always go to the "Bicilindrics de Catalunya"  which is a forum and they do meetings every year, and everybody has great fun and there are no problems to mantain anything. We meet, we go for a ride together, have a barbeque... And that's just great.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Its difficult for me helping in any way from where I am, but I can explain to you what we do here and cheer you up doing something similar so no hard effort is needed to keep this alive! You've got your great cars, and you've got plenty of space, If we can make it with 0.6L tiny cars in our little country, you can also do it, even better!

Pau
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:33 am

Thank you for your advice Kera and Paufont. The club has done several shows in the past. We were much larger then and had no shortage of folks willing to donate their time $$ and resources to make them happen. Sadly, this approach would open up a whole new set of issues and would require a significant amount of startup capital. I speak form experience having been involved with our past events from start to finish. We are much smaller now and that would not be a feasible option.

At this point we're focused on staying online and nothing more. Hopefully we'll meet our goal. Smile

Total Raised $250.00

Need $49.99

Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:42 am

I'll pledge the balance, Wayne. Facebook is fine for chit-chat, but here you get to know people. I try to be helpful, but am sometimes overwhelmed with work.

---John

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC   Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:17 pm

TOTAL RAISED $299.99

NEEDED $0.00

That's GREAT John! Thank you very much! I'm sure the other folks who pledged will appreciate your stepping up and covering the balance! This will be a yearly thing going forward and will hopefully help our club stay strong and keep growing. Looks like smooth sailing till July 2017!

If anyone else would like to pledge even now any additional funds would be held towards next years funds drive. Thank you everyone who pledged! I'll be sending you Pm's with instructions on where to send your donations. For your generosity I hereby award all those who pleged donations the CCC Golden Commando Contributors Award for 2016! Way to go! Smile

Back to top Go down

Important Announcement Regarding The Future Of The CCC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-