The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed 21 Jun 2017 - 1:38 by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 21:20 by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 23:14 by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon 29 May 2017 - 23:52 by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon 29 May 2017 - 7:12 by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat 27 May 2017 - 8:37 by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun 21 May 2017 - 8:45 by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon 15 May 2017 - 14:06 by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun 14 May 2017 - 18:57 by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun 14 May 2017 - 18:51 by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Reaching Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Reaching Down   Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 9:36

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:16-17

As human beings, we seem to have an insatiable desire to think of ourselves as better than those around us. We compare looks, incomes, education, behaviors, belongings, etc. Even among felons in prison, certain groups are put down because of their offenses, their religions, their sexual orientations, and so on. These comparisons are rooted in pride – a self-assurance that somehow who or what I am is better than who or what you are. Each one of us is familiar with that arrogance.

Have you ever imagined God looking down at you, smugly pointing out all the ways you fall short? Hopefully not, because Our God is loving, kind and just. He doesn't look down on us in judgment. He created us so that we could have fellowship with Him. In fact, He loves us so much that He "put on flesh" and became one of us in order to take our punishment from us. By coming down to us – reaching into our lives – He restored the fellowship that was lost in the garden. He brought us His grace and all the blessings that come with it.

Not one of us could ever measure up on our own but yet we continually try to do so. But the good news is; (which is the definition of Gospel) since God has extended Himself to us through His Son, Jesus Christ, we are never out of His reach!

Insight: Do you understand God's perfect character and extend your hand back up to Him? Do you take the time to have fellowship (talk/pray) with Him?

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, Please give me the desire to reach back up to You so I can understand Your ways and my place in Your kingdom. Help me to understand that in Your eyes I'm no better than any other human being down here; that I am a sinner; and that You "reached down" here, took on human flesh, in the form of Jesus Christ to die on the cross for the forgiveness of my sins. And until I understand this, I will never begin to understand who You are or the depth of Your love for me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Reaching Down   Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 9:58

I've done just that... I've extended my arm up to him while in total acceptance and acknowledgement of my shortcomings. Amazing things happen when you talk to him. It's undeniable. I notice that even once a day for a few minutes. Try it folks! You won't believe the difference it will have. Smile

Thank You Bob for sharing this devotion.

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com

Reaching Down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-