The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 pm

With the strange pricing I'm seeing these days I'm curious what everyone's idea of "The Most Valuable" Christine would be. An actual screen used survivor would come first of course but how about a Clone? Is Accuracy the top consideration or authenticity with regard to the car itself?

My idea of the most valuable christine clone would be an authentic Golden Commando Fury with the numbers matching GC 350. The car would have to have PB and PS, green tinted solex glass, factory fury posi rear end and fury rims to say the least...

What do you think?

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
With the strange pricing I'm seeing these days I'm curious what everyone's idea of "The Most Valuable" Christine would be. An actual screen used survivor would come first of course but how about a Clone? Is Accuracy the top consideration or authenticity with regard to the car itself?

My idea of the most valuable christine clone would be an authentic Golden Commando Fury with the numbers matching GC 350. The car would have to have PB and PS, green tinted solex glass, factory fury posi rear end and fury rims to say the least...

What do you think?

I'd have to say, the one that is in my garage! Very Happy You raise an interesting question there Wayne, what would be considered more valuable, monetarily speaking, a mint, original Golden Commando equipped Fury or a 100% movie accurate Christine. Hmmm, I've often pondered what I would buy if I could travel back to 1958 and buy a brand new Plymouth, would I get a Fury or a red Belvedere? Personally I prefer the Red paint with silver trim but I do like the style of the Fury's interior. It would be tough to choose.

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:27 pm

My most valuable Christine will be the one im working on. Built by me with a lot of heart blood sweat and tears.. And of course the help by you fine folks Wink Its one thing to just go out and buy one done already or have someone restore it for you. Its another thing to build/restore one yourself. Totally two different things in my book. One that builds one with there own two hands gives a sense into what really it takes to do the job. It wont take long for one to realize just what a job it is. That is where the word priceless comes in.. Live learn and enjoy! Ive sold several older cars overtime but the two ive always kept have been the two me and my dad have done together. There's just some thing's money cant buy. And that's the memories and good times spent doing it. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:41 am

Awesome standpoints guys!

Chris, Imagine going to a dealership in 1958 with enough cash to buy 5 cars! I'd bet you could order a one off red Fury with GC, fuel injection and AC and every other bell and whistle. Enough cash and my guess is it could be done!

Brian, Well said! I know where your coming from with all the time and effort I've got in mine. "Priceless" is and understatement. Smile

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

I have wondered just what it would have taken to get a "special order" Fury in all red. You'd think with the right connections it could have been done. It's been rumored that there were three Fury convertibles built but I'd like to know if that has ever been confirmed.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi, my two cents, any 58 Plymouth 2 door coupe with the proper trim, bumper wings is movie accurate Christine, when the loader was crushing Christine in one scene you can see she was a 58 savoy with no [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lower grill trim, many different 58s were used. They were not all 350 golden commandos. The magic of editing. Here is my Christine, 1958 LP2 Savoy.
Back to top Go down
58 Detroit
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:50 pm

I just finished the interior work, last pics you can see the white interior. I have Christine Roberk mirrors too. I am looking for a 150MPH speedo and Fury seat frames if anyone can help?
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:08 pm

She's a beauty. Are you looking for an authentic Fury 150 speedo? They can get pricey.

Back to top Go down
58 Detroit
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks! Yes I am looking for a original Speedometer, 2 sold on Enay at Christmas time, one for $350 and one for $550. I was to busy and missed bidding on them. Hopefully one will turn up soon. Here is my interior update.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Very nice interior. Berkshires in the UK? I shipped a whole car there once! Smile

Back to top Go down
58 Detroit
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:00 pm

No, Berkshires of western Massachusetts, it the western county bordering New York State.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am

Oh ok. Never heard of it. Embarassed

The Car looks cherry! I'm sure the parts your looking for will come available eventually. Just gotta be patient! Wink

Back to top Go down
58 Detroit
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?   Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Yes lots of patience and money, she is evil no doubt! Thanks
Back to top Go down

What's Your Idea Of The Most Valuable Christine?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-