The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Palm Sunday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Palm Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:44 pm

“A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.” (Matthew 21:8 NIV)

The crowds welcomed Jesus on the way to Jerusalem with palms and branches as one would a king. But this king was riding on a donkey.  Anybody could have said, “That’s no king or anybody of any consequence, riding on a donkey like that with a bunch of screaming kids following him.”  Actually, the Master was making his way to Jerusalem, where He would soon suffer and die on the cross. He was fulfilling His role as the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, as John the Baptist had proclaimed. God, in His love for humanity – in His love for you and me – provided us with a lamb.  This had been foreshadowed in the story of Abraham, who had been told by God to sacrifice his only son. Isaac was the son of promise and Abraham had the faith to believe that God Himself would provide the lamb for the sacrifice; and indeed God did provide a ram in the thicket as a sacrifice that day. And now here was the Lamb of God provided by the Father, not a ram in the thicket, not a sacrifice that would have to be offered again and again, but as a sacrifice once and for all, paying the debt that you and I owed, carrying every sin that we would ever commit.

But God didn’t just provide us with a lamb. He knew that we also needed a king to rule over us, and that’s the significance of the palms and the cries of “Hosanna” with which the people and the children greeted Him. You may say, “I don’t want to be ruled by anyone.” You don’t realize that you already are controlled by someone or something. That’s because everyone is ruled by something. For some, it may be a habit, hatred, jealousy, prejudice, bad temper or unforgiveness. Jesus came not only to take care of our past sins, but to be Lord and King over us, enabling us to live an abundant life worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Some may want Him as a sacrifice for their sins, but then they want to live any way they want; they want to rule over their own lives. It doesn’t work that way. He has to be not only our Lamb, but our King and Lord over all.

To truly celebrate today; Palm Sunday, let’s thank God that Jesus is not only our sacrificial lamb, but also our King! And as we remember the crowds that spread their cloaks before the Lamb of God who came in humility, let’s present to our King our very lives as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to Him, which is our reasonable service.

Reader's Prayer: And let me rejoice in You today O Lord, shouting “Hosanna in the highest!  Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!” In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Palm Sunday

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-