The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Attention Newcomers To The CCC!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:25 pm

For awhile there I was a bit worried as the overall enthusiasm for our hobby and our cars in general seemed to have taken a nose dive. Recently though I've seen a resurgence that is most promising. You have to "dig deep" to see it but it's there alright. A handful of recent members have shown us it's surviving and although It aggravates me, there's a thriving plymouth culture on facebook that proves our hobby is alive and well. LOL!

I like to see myself as a young guy building his dream car and have to force myself to admit that I'm a "dinosaur" in this if anything. When the CCC was founded it was because we Christine enthusiasts didn't have a home. We built ourselves one to get networked, assist each other in our builds, buy and sell parts and just spend time chatting with like minded hobbyists who share an affinity for the most iconic car ever built.

What troubles me however is the fact that I see some of the old crooks preying on the new folks on facebook and it's often to late when they realize they've been duped. The CCC always prided itself on warning our members about these people and did all we could to step in and resolve disputes whenever possible.

It is my sincere hope that some of you who are new to the club who haven't posted take a moment to introduce yourselves and tell us about your projects, your story and use the club to avoid the pitfalls we veterans have dealt with over the years. The knowledge base here is enormous and although getting on the forum takes a bit more effort than it does getting on facebook we can save you countless hours of frustration and a "shit pile full of dough"...

We are also a REAL CAR CLUB and that has benefits. We award medals to our members based on their posts and participation as well as their project progress. We also have our highly respected "Knights Of The CCC" which is a fraternal order modeled after the lodges and groups of the 1950's. Beyond that, we look forward to you posting and introducing yourselves and we are proud to welcome you to our car club and brotherhood!

Thank you!
Wayne D.
CCC Founder/Webmaster

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:14 pm

very well said Wayne

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Mon May 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Yes, I agree. Very well said Wayne. I too encourage others to take a few minutes to introduce yourselves, tell us about your projects...just like Tony just did. So beneficial to you and everyone else as well.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GOREDFURY
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Fri May 05, 2017 6:04 pm

WELL YOU DEFINITELY GOT ME HERE, I AM ONLY 33 BUT I'VE HAD A PASSION FOR THIS CAR SINCE I WAS KNEE HIGH, THIS CAR AND PRETTY MUCH ANY AMERICAN IRON WITH ROCKET FINS. IT WAS SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME IN AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY AND SO COOL, CANT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE COULD SAY THEY'RE NOT. IT WAS THE 50'S, THE SPACE RACE, "JET AGE" CARS, I'VE ALWAYS LOVED THEM. MY GREAT GRANDFATHER IS TO BLAME FOR THIS AFFINITY, AS A CHILD EVERY WEEKEND I WOULD VISIT HIM HE WOULD GIVE ME A MAGAZINE FROM A CAR CLUB HE WAS A PART OF IN THE 60'S-70'S. I STILL HAVE EVERY ONE OF THOSE MAGAZINES, AND NOW I OWN A 58'. THIS IS MY FIRST CLASSIC, AND HOPEFULLY NOT MY LAST. I NEVER PLAN ON GETTING RID OF THIS CAR, AND HOPE THAT IT IS AROUND TO PASS DOWN TO MY SON, HE'S 1YR OLD TODAY!! A CINCO DE MAYO BABY!! I DO MY BEST TO CARRY THE TORCH AND CAN ONLY HOPE THAT MAXX WILL FOLLOW WHEN HE GETS A LITTLE OLDER. AS OF NOW HE LOVES THE GARAGE, AND CRAWLING AROUND INSIDE THE PLYMOUTH!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"WELL SHE CAN BE FIXED UP, SHE COULD, BOY SHE COULD BE REALLY TOUGH"
Back to top Go down
goat19642004
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

493 C.I.

PostSubject: Re: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Fri May 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Very cool !

1970 GTO Judge
2015 Challenger HELLCAT
2004 SRT 10 Viper
Back to top Go down
Gerardo Lira Solis
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Thu May 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi guys, i always love this car since i saw the movie, is to me the nicest movie car, also as a mopar guy the other one i also like is the charger 1969 and to have both on the same movie was great, what can i say i´m hooked.

regards

Gerardo Lira
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Fri May 12, 2017 7:06 am

Gerardo Lira Solis wrote:
Hi guys, i always love this car since i saw the movie, is to me the nicest movie car, also as a mopar guy the other one i also like is the charger 1969 and to have both on the same movie was great, what can i say i´m hooked.

regards

Gerardo Lira

Welcome Gerardo! Smile welcome

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
rwzelenka
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: New member please help me find my dream car!   Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 pm

I just made a CCC account today! and I'm still looking for my dream car a1958 plymouth fury I'm willing to spend $700 for a project 58' fury
Back to top Go down
rwzelenka
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:50 pm

:worship: all hale the Plymouth please help me find a 1958 plymouth fury 2dr hard top
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Attention Newcomers To The CCC!   Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm

rwzelenka wrote:
I just made a CCC account today! and I'm still looking for my dream car a1958 plymouth fury I'm willing to spend $700 for a project 58' fury

Well for that price you can get a model at least! But seriously, It can take some serious money to find a car worth fixing, especially if your after a two door hardtop. Some of the best deals I've seen lately are the four door hardtops that have been popping up here and there.But the unfortunate truth is that unless one has tens of thousands of dollars to spend, finding an actual Fury is just about impossible. Belvederes and Savoys can be had for less but any two door hardtop will command a high price. Post sedans are your best way to get into the 57-8 market but even they aren't what I'd call inexpensive.

Chris.

Attention Newcomers To The CCC!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-