The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Our Loss Is Their Gain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Our Loss Is Their Gain   Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:05 pm

After learning of the passing of a truly wonderful person this morning I felt compelled to remember her with a devotion here on the forum. Although I can't come close to Bob's eloquent devotions I'm going to do my best to share my thoughts and do my best.

When my father passed away I went through several stages of mourning. I went from being heartbroken to angry and fell into a deep pit of self pity and sadness that I couldn't dig myself out of. He wasn't a "Godly" man in the sense that he never went to church or made Christ a priority in our home. His actions in life however were something else entirely. He was very kind and went out of his way to make everyone feel special, even those who most of us wouldn't bother giving 2 minutes of our time to. His wake was one for the record books and people from every walk of life attended. There were dirt poor people and millionaires in attendance. It left me with a sense that he did good by people and I prayed that he would be admitted into heaven. I asked the Priest if he had a chance and his only response was that he had "Started his journey".

When we started going through his things we would occasionally come across religious prayers that he had saved and I began to feel encouraged. It gave me hope that he had a private relationship with Jesus. I knew that if that was the case he had a chance and was comforted by all he had to gain in his new life everlasting with the almighty father. That thought and that thought alone pulled me from the abyss of despair and mourning and it healed me and brought me a sense of peace that I carry with me to this day.

The recent passing of our dear friend this morning however is a different story. She had a very open and close relationship with Christ in life and there's no question that she is known to our Lord and savior. She was for lack of a better description one of the kindest most wonderful people I have ever met and she had a personality that lit up a room like something out of a movie or fairy tale. For that reason I'm reminded of Revelation 21:4... "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

There's no doubt that she's in Heaven in God's presence in absolute paradise but she has loved one's who are devastated and heartbroken. Our loss of her has led to her gain in that she'll never suffer the problems of this earth and of mankind ever again... and that is an encouraging thought. All we need is a relationship with Christ and to truly seek redemption through his gift and sacrifice on the cross. Remembering that promise and all that it suggests is all that matters.

INSIGHT? The battle was won on the cross and through Jesus sacrifice we to can overcome death AND the mourning of our loved one's by remembering Jesus promise. Our loss is their gain and knowing that they've begun a new life with Jesus is what those of us left behind have to hold on to.

Thanks and God bless.

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
58belvedere
CCC Member
CCC Member

Beefed up 350 Golden Commando

PostSubject: Re: Our Loss Is Their Gain   Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Well will pray for her soul.

Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Our Loss Is Their Gain   Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Sorry to hear about your friends passing Wayne. My God rest her soul.

Our Loss Is Their Gain

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-