The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Questions about Christine
Yesterday at 2:29 pm by Christinefan824

» Victor keychains
Yesterday at 1:44 am by Christinefan824

» 1958 Plymouth - Chrstine!
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:39 am by eva_392

» Old Smokey
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 pm by cooltoys1

» Hell Hath No Fury Like Her: The Making of Christine by Lee Gambin
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:34 pm by Christinefan824

» Paint colors ???
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:08 pm by Christinefan824

» Roof moulding clips
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:25 pm by JAG

» Front Bumper Brackets
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:12 am by Corpsegrinder

» car crash back in may
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:14 am by ArnieCunningham

» Christine Movie Sequel
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 am by Christinefan824

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix

Share | 

No Regrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: No Regrets   Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:36 am

“For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 1:12-13

No matter how "far along" you are in years on this old earth, hopefully you can say, “I have no regrets.” I can honestly say when I dwell on my own achievements and disappointments alone, I cant help but say, "Yes, I have regrets." The apostle, Paul writes to his dear friend Timothy in today's scripture focus, that he is not ashamed and has no regrets about how life has gone for him.

What about you? No matter what you think your answer would be, take an honest account of your life with a focus on your relationship with the One Who created you...and rethink your answer. This would be the real answer to this question of whether you have regrets or not.

Paul couldn’t be more sure and certain of the One he trusted...the One of whom he was absolutely unashamed of...right to the end. Am I as positively sure of Jesus as Paul was? If I am rooted in Christ alone, I am. But if I think my surety comes from anything but Christ, or anything that I may want "to add" to Christ, I am in trouble. My side of the equation will never be enough.

For each one of us, our focus blurs when we don’t keep our eyes on Him. When we begin looking around and comparing ourselves to others, our faith in God and our love for others shrink. That outlook is certain to cause regrets.

Turn your focus back onto the One who takes care of what He’s trusted you to do right to the end. When our desire is to please Jesus with our whole heart, soul, mind, and strength, He takes care of the rest.

Scripture Focus: 2 Timothy 1:8-13

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+timothy+1%3A+8-13&version=KJV  

Insight: How can there be no regrets? By acknowledging that Christ is the One working through you and by putting all your faith in Him.

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, Please help me to focus on what Jesus Christ has done for me...that He died on the cross so my sins can be forgiven. Help me to realize that self-sufficiency is a sin as well and that I need never to rely on myself again. My identity is in Christ alone, and for this alone...I will not ever be ashamed or need to have another regret. In Jesus Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
eva_392
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: No Regrets   Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:10 pm

I have no regrets. As I look back over my 72 years, don't think I would do anything different. I'm right where the good Lord wants me.
Back to top Go down

No Regrets

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-