The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» An Unlikely Teacher
Today at 11:44 am by Christopher L. Faddis Usn

» steerting coulmns solutions?
Today at 11:04 am by Christopher L. Faddis Usn

» Edna's Roland LeBay
Yesterday at 7:29 pm by Serge

» Hustler stick
Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 pm by Serge

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:47 pm by cooltoys1

» Dual Quad (GC) 350: Progressive or Parallel
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:41 am by Bloodhound1958

» No Regrets
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:10 pm by eva_392

» Wanted 57-58
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 am by 58belvedere

» hi chasing 58 4 door hardtop rh front vent window frame
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:19 am by 57belv

» I was wandering around a swap
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:22 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

An Unlikely Teacher

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: An Unlikely Teacher   Sat May 12, 2018 8:30 am

And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.” Luke 22:31-32

Sin is awful. The world makes light of it though, even proudly nicknaming one of our own American cities, Las Vegas as “Sin City." Hollywood even attempts to normalize it through movies and culture. But the fact of the matter is, that the Creator of everything seen and unseen, our almighty God and Father in heaven hates sin. Sin is any act or thought that goes against His perfect law. It permeates every part of our lives and world. The Bible tells us that “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). As hideous as sin is, did you know that it can teach us and lead us to joy? It can!

When you are faced with your sin, you are faced with your need for Jesus. Only He can make you right with God. What do we find every time we look to Jesus in repentance and faith? We find a willing and able Savior!  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:7-9 Sin is awful, but it points us to our Rock and Salvation. And it is there with Jesus that we find joy.

But wait! There’s more! When we have experienced forgiveness, we can forgive others. When we know the One who had no sin yet became sin for us, we can point others to Him also. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Corinthians 5:21). Rejoice in the God of your salvation!

Scripture Focus: 1 Timothy 1:12-17 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+1%3A12-17&version=NKJV

Insight: When you recognize sin, have grief and hatred of it and turn to God from it, you've experienced true repentance.

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, Help me to have a hatred for my sin, turn from it and experience true repentance so I can find true joy in You and then tell others about You and Your amazing mercy and grace. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Christopher L. Faddis Usn
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Teacher   Today at 11:44 am

LOVE this! Smile He is the reason I went from near suicide, to now able to 'restore' a classic the way He wants to restore us! We are the ones He meant, who needs our temples (Minds and Hearts) rebuilt. I give Him all the Glory and fall to my face over the wondrous things He has done, and continues to do for us, never failing or faltering. So glad to see you here letting us know the True Good News! Thank you sir! He is risen! We can be too, only through Him. What an honor for you to be a Chaplain in this group! I know there are many versions people seek, but we do honor and worship One God and He is Eternal.
Back to top Go down

An Unlikely Teacher

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-