The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» The Work of Your Hands
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 pm by furvedere

» Questions about Christine
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:10 pm by Christinefan824

» Victor keychains
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:27 am by JAG

» Manual Steering Box
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:51 pm by eva_392

» Hell Hath No Fury Like Her: The Making of Christine by Lee Gambin
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:41 pm by Christinefan824

» Christine news
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:42 am by Christinefan824

» 1958 Plymouth - Chrstine!
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:39 am by eva_392

» Old Smokey
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 pm by cooltoys1

» Paint colors ???
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:08 pm by Christinefan824

» Roof moulding clips
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:25 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix

Share | 

What Do You Expect?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: What Do You Expect?   Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:05 pm

“In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.” Psalm 5:3

Expectations wrongly placed can lead to real disappointment. In the vineyard parable, (see scripture focus below) some of the workers left content with their pay while others grumbled about it. It came down to what they had expected to take home in their pockets.

I’ve known about great expectations. My beloved wife's premature death at 59 years old from leukemia last November was (and continues to be) the worst loss I've ever experienced. I still have not recovered from it and I don't know if I ever will. My expectation was that we were going to enjoy our retirement years, grow old together and both live to ripe old ages. I've known about other's expectations too. I remember dear friends of ours and the wife home-schooled their sons. They figured they would become spiritual giants but by the time their oldest was 12, they were both facing real discouragement. This tested their faith. My wife's death tested my faith. Our expectations can end in discouragement but putting our hope in the Lord, our expectations on Him and the truth of His Word will show us that He does more than we could ever ask. Never did the Bible tell me that my wife and I would both live to ripe old ages together. Never did the Bible confirm that my friend's children would please their parents and walk with God because she home-schooled them. What we have to do is: Watch in faith what He's going to do as we lay our requests before Him, expecting He's going to do what's best for us and our loved ones.

In 1948 A.W. Tozer said, “True faith is never found alone; it is always accompanied by expectation. The man who believes the promises of God expects to see them fulfilled. Where there is no expectation, there is no faith.” Lay your requests before God each new morning and wait expectantly for Him.

Scripture Focus: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+20%3A1-16&version=NIV

Insight: We'll never be disappointed when our expectation is in the Lord "Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine." Ephesians 3:20:

Dear God, Help me to place my expectations in/on You and in what Your Word tells me. Give me the desire to open Your Word and read it so I can know what to expect of You. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
goat19642004
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

493 C.I.

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Expect?   Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Thanks for the words Bob.
John

1970 GTO Judge
2015 Challenger HELLCAT
2004 SRT 10 Viper
Back to top Go down

What Do You Expect?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-